Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old June 4th, 2011, 09:39 AM

Cat found Montreal-Rosemont

This cat has been found in Rosemont East (St.Zotique/l'Assomption). Groomed fairly recently, lion cut. Silver long-haired. Tiny cat, very skinny to emaciated, ALL PAWS DECLAWED. Does not appear fearful at all of humans. I have been through the neighbourhood a couple times and local vets looking for signs of owner but have found nothing. I cannot put a declawed cat outside, but I cannot keep this cat for more than another 24 hours. I have my hands full with 2 old cats and a territorial high anxiety shelter dog all of whom already didn't want to live together. If you can babysit this cat until owner is found please let me know.
Attached Images

Old June 4th, 2011, 11:32 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Are you able to bring the cat to the MSPCA?
Old June 4th, 2011, 11:46 AM

unfortunately I don't have time to do a round trip boston/montreal.
Old June 4th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Are you in Boston or Montreal? Can you take it to a vet to scan for a microchip.??
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old June 4th, 2011, 12:32 PM

I'm in Montreal east near botanical gardens. Both vets within walking distance dont have the machine to check for micro chip.
Old June 4th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

What about the SPCA is that anywhere near you? they would like have a machine to scan with? Its gonna be tough finding somoene to help right now because July 1, is right around the corner and from what I understand thats when everyone dumps their animals and the rescues become full really fast.

I will PM a couple members that may be able to offer you some advice on a location near you. I wonder if he escaped from somewhere? you wouldnt think someone would dump after being groomed?
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old June 4th, 2011, 12:57 PM

SPCA is very far from me and I don't have a car for the weekend. I might have no choice to bring it there on monday morning. Poor thing is very friendly and weighs almost nothing. Breaks my heart. I would keep it if I could even remotely deal with another animal but I can't. and the three animals I have already want this little one for dinner.
Old June 4th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

I have pm'd a them..lets hope they can offer you some advice. Im a little further from you. Thanks for taking him in. It doesnt make sense that he is groomed if he was dumped?? I am wondering if he has just gotten away from someone?? thankfully you have him and he is safe.

The location that your going to is it a high kill shelter?
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old June 4th, 2011, 01:36 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Can you put some posters up in your area saying found cat? Not that fact that it has a lion cut nor the fact that it is declawed on all fours or you could have any loser showing up. Just the colour and sex. It's possible he just managed to escape.
Bless you for taking him in - at least for a while. Hopefully someone will show up soon. I would ask for proof though that it is their cat. IE: lion cut/declawed.
I wish I was closer. I would babysit him until owner was found. He actually doesn't look too thin in the pics. Looks about right.
Good luck.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old June 4th, 2011, 02:20 PM

Temporary shelter found! This little stray is now staying with a neighbour a few doors away from me. What a huge relief. Hopefully the owner will show up soon.

I've put posters up around the neighbourhood. Indeed I'm always really worried about dishonest people looking for strays. Neighbour has a chihuahua so as long as they get along things will be fine until owner can be found.
Old June 4th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Senior Contributor

Was there not a cat with a lion-cut posted as missing here a while ago???
Old June 4th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Contact the MSPCA, provide a photo of the cat and they will post. Also, contact the pound that has the municiple contract for animals (I am no longer sure who this is).
Please do NOT bring to Berger Blanc.
I see you posted on Petluck and see if anyone is missing this cat. EXCELLENT!
Thanks.
Old June 4th, 2011, 11:12 PM

Can you run through the phone listings for groomers in your area & ask them if they've given a silver/grey cat a lion cut recently? If it's a regular client they may know whom s/he belongs to or they may be willing to put up a poster in their shop.

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old June 5th, 2011, 05:33 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler~GateKeeper View Post
Can you run through the phone listings for groomers in your area & ask them if they've given a silver/grey cat a lion cut recently? If it's a regular client they may know whom s/he belongs to or they may be willing to put up a poster in their shop.
As well as vet offices. Some cats have to be sedated before they can be groomed, especially if the cat has a lot of knots.

Good luck!!!

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old June 15th, 2011, 01:48 PM

As of today, the owner still hasn't been found. I replaced 6 of my posters this morning because last weekend's rain destroyed the others I'd put up.

The good news is that this cat is very happy and very loved where it's boarding. The cat is best buddies with the little chihuahua and apparently both cuddle up with the children at night. As far as this family is concerned the cat now belongs to them. They're aware however, that I'm still looking for the original owner at least until I leave for summer vacation next week, so one way or another, this story will have a happy ending.
Old June 15th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Senior Contributor

althe,I am glad he's ok and in a home,not on the street.
I am hoping there are owners out there looking for him,but for now he is safe and secure,thank's very much because you cared.
Old June 16th, 2011, 12:54 PM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by althe View Post
As of today, the owner still hasn't been found. I replaced 6 of my posters this morning because last weekend's rain destroyed the others I'd put up.

The good news is that this cat is very happy and very loved where it's boarding. The cat is best buddies with the little chihuahua and apparently both cuddle up with the children at night. As far as this family is concerned the cat now belongs to them. They're aware however, that I'm still looking for the original owner at least until I leave for summer vacation next week, so one way or another, this story will have a happy ending.