Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old October 1st, 2004, 07:33 PM
Monty's_Pet

Question HELP needed for spayed cat

We had our 2 cats spayed on Wednesday of this week, and 1 of the girls is doing great, However the other cat is not eating or drinking and just lays around......... is there any thing I should try to do with her?
Old October 1st, 2004, 11:27 PM
Senior Contributor

She's not eating or drinking at all? If she has not done either for over 48 hours, then she needs to go to the vet right away. She could have an infection.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 01:02 AM
Monty's_Pet

I got her to eat a very small amount of cat food from my hand and i used a syringe to get some water in her but she isn't eating on her own. She ate and drank the day she came home but she isn't now and she barely moves the other one is pretty much back to her normal self other then trying to get us to rub her boo boo.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 09:03 AM
Senior Contributor

She needs a vet asap.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 10:22 AM
Monty's_Pet

Last night when I went downstairs to bed I changed the water for the cats as usual and then went back upstairs for a minute when I went back down she was drinking the water. Into the night I heard her eating and this morning she was first to the food dish when I fed them the canned cat food so things are looking up for her. Not that I was avoiding taking her to the vet, I was planning on taking her in today as soon as my husband got home from work at noon we were taking her but she is eating and drinking now so I will wait to see if she is ok. I know she is using the litter. Thank You for your info. I am hoping she was just sore from the spay.
Old October 2nd, 2004, 10:26 AM
Monty's_Pet

Smile

Oh and I have checked her sutures and they are not red not swollen and no discharge, she looks fine other then being bald. She has just come upstairs as well so I will take her to a vet but think now it can wait for regular business hours on Monday and not have to pay 5times what I would have today. Can spend that extra on her treats cause I feel so bad for spaying them. No I feel bad for their pain I will never regret spaying them.