Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old February 23rd, 2007, 03:30 AM
Animal Nut!

Don't give up on your lost pets!!!

In 1994 my marriage broke up, and I got a flat mate in to help cover costs, he worked in forestry, he had a ute and it was always full off trees..
One luchtime,Lexie, my faithfull homebody cat DIDN'T come home for lunch, alarm bells rang!!!!
She didn't come home for dinner, infact she didnt come home at all.
That night, and for several months, if not more, i searched EVERYWHERE, it wasnt like her to not turn up.
I searched and searched, rang psychics, stopped at every black and white cat that I seen....hopeless!

Then one day I was driving to our local library, when I had to swerve to miss a black and white cat... looking in my rear view vision mirror, I seen I hadn't hit the cat, so I drove on.... but something made me go back...
I got out the car, called my cats name, she stopped dead in her tracks, turned around and gave her usual little cry of mmmmmmm.
I picked her up, she struggled, I checked her for her inverted nipple - YES it was inverted!
My heart was racing.. I asked around the houses if anyone had been feeding her but nobody knew her.

I took her home, she cried as she normally did when she was in the car...BUT when she seen our house she was estatic, purring, rubbing herself against me.
I let her out the car, she walked straight up to the front door, I let her in, and she walked straight up to my Rotti and head-butted her, they smooched each other, then Lex jumped on the dinning room table, where she was always fed.
After 16 months I had found her... I checked her markings against photos - identical!.
I didnt really need to do that tho, as NO cat would waltz up to a Rotti and smooch them, and my Rotti wouldn't let any other cat do that to her as she hated cats!

I can only assume Lexi jumped on the back of my x-flatemates ute, and was taken away.

It is bloody hard to live with a pet going missing, I know that, but no matter how long your pet is missing, please, please dont give up. I can only hope that all lost pets are being looked after as Lexie must have been.

My heart honestly goes out to each and every one of you who is searching for a missing pet. I can only pray that you will be as lucky as I was.
Attached Images

R.I.P. Cassie, one of my greatest LOVES. My Rotti.(The Gentle Giant).

We all seek the same in life, friendship, love, companionship and faithfulness, all this we can get unconditionally from an animal. Makes you wonder why we humans think we're so bloody special!

Last edited by Quins-mum; February 23rd, 2007 at 07:47 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 07:05 AM
banned user

Thanks for sharing your story.... I needed that. Although we have been searching for almost six months and everybody tells me to give it up, he couldn't have made it thru the winter it is folks like you that make me know I can't give up on Sable.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 07:53 AM
Animal Nut!

Thanks Shirley. Lets look on the positive side, and hope someone is looking after Sable. I know how you are feeling, but don't give up. Lets hope he turns up soon
My thoughts are with you
Pam

We all seek the same in life, friendship, love, companionship and faithfulness, all this we can get unconditionally from an animal. Makes you wonder why we humans think we're so bloody special!
Old February 23rd, 2007, 08:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Quinsmom,what a great story and very encouraging to all lost pet owners
I know if I lost one of my cats,I would never give up,miracles happen and I think Lexis story was nothing short of a miracle
Old February 23rd, 2007, 03:18 PM
Animal Nut!

Thanks Chico. I had many friends telling me that is wasnt her when I found her, but I guess the proof was in the pudding when my Cas (Rotti) and Lexi first seen each other again, THAT single moment was even better than finding her. I always thought they "just tollerated" each other... how wrong I was!

Old February 23rd, 2007, 03:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Great story!! I hope she never managed to get outside again tho I bet after that adventure, she never will. I am so happy for you and for Lexie for finding her way back!!!!

It is well known that cats never "stray" that far from home and I like yuo 0 abd Chico - if one of my kitties managed to get outside and somehow go missing, would also look every minute I could!! Bravo to you for keeping on looking!

I am so glad to hear happy endings like this!!!
Old February 24th, 2007, 06:05 PM
-

Great "happy ending" story.
Old February 24th, 2007, 07:02 PM

What a wonderful story. That really made my day and was perfect reading just before I head to bed.

I worry that the kitten I found a few months back might have someone like you looking for her but i did everything I could to find her owners, everything. I just hope if there is someone out there looking for her they know deep down she's being looked after very very well.
Old February 24th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Animal Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio View Post
I worry that the kitten I found a few months back might have someone like you looking for her but i did everything I could to find her owners, everything. I just hope if there is someone out there looking for her they know deep down she's being looked after very very well.
I guess you cant think like that. You tried everything possible! You have given a kitty a great home. What is meant to be, is meant to be.

I just wish whoever was looking after Lexie, had answered my news paper adds, or contacted the vets, or pound or even just seen her missing ad in Dairy's (I think you guys call them 7/11's or mini-marts) in our town. I guess thats why I went to ppls houses to see who was looking after her, just to let them know that she was coming home... God only knows what would have happened if they had said NO!!!!

Last edited by Quins-mum; February 24th, 2007 at 11:52 PM.
Old February 26th, 2007, 12:59 PM
banned user

Thanks again for the moral support on not giving up. We just had a
call on our missing sable...the first in three weeks. I'm not sure if it is
him or not. Being 75 miles away sucks. I am sitting on pins and needles
waiting for the lady to call me back. She was going back out to try and
get a picture and take some food to see if she could lure him to her house.

Many years ago I had a cat disappear. Mittens was about six years old then..a storm came up and she vanished. Over three months later I caught a glimpse of eyes as we pulled in our driveway. There she was....pine needles in her fur and weighed only 5 lbs. She lived on to be 19. I guess that
should have reminded me not to give up hope.
Old February 26th, 2007, 01:51 PM
banned user

Unhappy Wrong Dog

Not our dog.. the dog she saw was all black when she went for another look but WoW! what a feeling of having hope again.:
Old February 26th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Animal Nut!

I was hoping it was Sable too. I guess it shows that ppl are still looking

Old February 26th, 2007, 08:23 PM
banned user

thanks for the positive thoughts. The lady actually sent me some pictures of the dog she saw today. If it had of had some tan on it....but it was ALL
black but the right shape and size. Some of the sighings we have gone on
have been border collies, pure german shepherds but this one would have
made you take a second look particularly when all she had was the black and white newspaper ad. At least like you said ppl are still watching out for him and for that I am so thankful being so far away.
Old February 27th, 2007, 12:22 PM

Happy Ending

What a great happy ending finding your cat.
Our cat has been missing for 5 months now, but I still
call him and I still have so much hope of finding him.
I hope our ending turns our like yours.
We miss him very much!!!
Old February 27th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Animal Nut!

Thanks DJH. I hope yor kitty turns up, but am sure that in the meantime someone his looking after him
Never give up

Old March 10th, 2007, 10:42 AM

BIG HUGS TO YOU QUINS MOM!
I have never given up even when people give you those "eyes" that say you should.
My 10 yr old bulldog Daisy has been gone for two months. I truly believe that if she is ment to come back to me she will. I have had leads here and there and had an animal communicator working on it as well. Your story has come at a wonderful time as I have been going through a rough patch. Thank you ever so much for restoring my hope!
Sincerely,
Kim
Old March 10th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Animal Nut!

Thanks Billidog
I really hope that you manage to find Daisy. Its heart breaking. so big hugs to you.
Good luck