Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old August 1st, 2008, 05:46 PM
Master of the Drool!

Red face My Boys have bumps on their legs!!

Hi I have 2 english mastiff puppies aged 19 weeks and my one boy got a swelling were he got his booster and rabis shot so we figured all was ok but now the other boy has a swelling but on the middle of his thigh on the other side. Not even close to were his needle was. We have a appointment with vet but not for another 5 days. Should I be really worried??? If anybody can help I will be very gratefull!! Thanks Guys
Old August 1st, 2008, 09:39 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

19 weeks is pretty young for something like a tumor, if that's what you're worried about, Mat&Murphy. Lumps always worry the heck out of me, too...but usually they amount to nothing. So stay positive and keep an eye on it... It might be he just bruised himself playing.

Welcome to the board. And if you get a chance, we'd love to see a picture or two of your boys.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
Master of the Drool!

Thanks for the reply. I do get alittle nervous with bumps. I never have this breed befor so I am still learning and alittle paranoid I will keep you posted on what is going on. Thanks again I can't get pictures uploaded on here. My one boy is on www.webshots.com then search ksgreywolf Thats my Murphy. I am doing a album for Matt in a couple of days. Again Thanks
Old August 2nd, 2008, 01:22 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

My connection is too slow to bring up the photo-sharing page. :sad: Happens all the time--one of the prices we pay for being out in the stix! I'll try again later if I ever get a better connection.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 8th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Master of the Drool!

The Joys of computers. My computer gives me more hassels. Murphy's leg is doing good. Vet said all is good. Thanks
Old August 8th, 2008, 08:05 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

That's great news, Mat&Murph! Made my day!

Old August 9th, 2008, 01:46 AM
-

Glad to hear that Murphy is doing good. He is a gorgeous boy ....is this both of them together? .....
Attached Images

Old August 9th, 2008, 11:21 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Aw....if that's the two of them, they're just dreamy! Cuteness overload!

Thanks, rainbow!

Old August 9th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Master of the Drool!

Yeah thats the two of them when they were about 1 month old.. They are HUGE now But they are my big babies Thanks Hazel for keeping up with us. the bump is almost gone now And thanks rainbow for getting the boys on here
Old August 9th, 2008, 08:59 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I'm glad the bump is about gone. We go through quarterly bump scares here They can be...well...stressful.

Only 19 weeks and already huge? All the more to hug!

Old August 9th, 2008, 09:17 PM
-

omg they're adorable !!! but 2 english mastiff pups ? It's too much work , I would gladly help and take one from you

A friend from Ottawa , member here , has a wonderful English Mastiff and I just love him , I don't know if they all have the same temperment as him but I will own one ... one day.
Old August 9th, 2008, 11:58 PM
-

Glad to hear the bump is almost gone.

Have you tried to post some pics in the Photo Forum here again? We would love to see some new ones.
Old August 10th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Master of the Drool!

I have tried to upload a pic here and it says my file is too big I have tried 10 different pics. Anyways the boys are roughly 80 lbs and the biggest babies I have ever seen. they have such a calm temperament and are very laidback. they are truely happy when we are all home and know where we all are. I am new to english mastiff breed and the more I see the more I love it
Old August 17th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Half Way To Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat&Murph View Post
I have tried to upload a pic here and it says my file is too big I have tried 10 different pics. Anyways the boys are roughly 80 lbs and the biggest babies I have ever seen. they have such a calm temperament and are very laidback. they are truely happy when we are all home and know where we all are. I am new to english mastiff breed and the more I see the more I love it
what program are you using??
if it is irfanview I might be able to help you
Old August 17th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Half Way To Crazy

if you are using irfanview

Irfanview

http://irfanview.com/

1) Once you have downloaded the program find the picture you want to resize.
2) Double click and it should open in irfanview
3) Once it opens click on the top where it says image look at the list. It should say resize/resample click on that.
4) on the right hand side you will see numbers 640x480…….800/600 and so forth I usally use the 640 or the 800 click on one of them..
5) then click on ok. The picture will be resized..
6) go to the top and click on file (left hand side)
7) then click on “save as” two boxes will appear. One will be where you want to save the picture to (a different file) the second will be the file size put your curser over the little box you see and move it so that the number on top of the little box says 38.. the lower the number the smaller the file, you will still have a big picture..
8) make sure when you save it one of the boxes on where your going to save it says JEPEG it on the bottom of the big box and click ok..
Old August 17th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Master of the Drool!

Hi Breeze
I have noidea what program I am using..You know at the bottom of page where it says load attachments. Well when I load the pics it comes back and says my files are too big. Says I need 100*100 pixels. if you can help it would be wonderful
AHHHH They are a year old already!!!!
Old August 17th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Half Way To Crazy

Quote:
Hi Breeze
I have noidea what program I am using..You know at the bottom of page where it says load attachments. Well when I load the pics it comes back and says my files are too big. Says I need 100*100 pixels. if you can help it would be wonderful

go to the site that is in my post
irfanview and download that it is free and safe.. I use that one..

the other I can't use so I learn on this one..

you can have very big pictures but small files under 100kb and they are very good..
Old August 17th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Master of the Drool!

Thanks Breeze, I just downloaded it and I am going to try it out now. Hopefully I won't mess it up too bad
AHHHH They are a year old already!!!!
Old August 17th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Half Way To Crazy

Quote:
Thanks Breeze, I just downloaded it and I am going to try it out now. Hopefully I won't mess it up too bad

don't worry if you do. everyone on the board is very understanding about trying to get pictures uploaded..
mind you we can be very impatient.. lol lol lol just joking..

I layed out the insturtions for you but if you have a problem pm me and I can try and help..