Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old January 14th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Senior Contributor

dog-fighting

All these sad stories,I could not imagine losing any of my cats
Here in Oakville Ont,dogs have been stolen out of backyards,cats disappered,I've found out the HS suspect a dog-fighting business here in town and that they use stolen pets for training,mostly pit-bulls.Apparently these human beasts have moved their business to Oakville from Hamilton,but HS does not know where they are.The latest dog to be stolen out of his backyard was a Husky and the owners fear he suffered a horrible death.
Unfortunately HS has not warned pet-owners,but if anyone suspects any such goings on please report it right away.Keep an eye on your pets,don't leave them out by themselves.
Old January 14th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Senior Contributor

They aint got a hope in H**L if they think they can take my guys.
Old January 14th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

My neighbour had their black lab stolen from their yard in the summer. Someone cut through the fence and took the dog!

It's happening folks!
Old January 14th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Most definately Luba.

But let them try and come in my backyard.

My guys are very well trained and very obedient.But come near the property and that's where the protection comes in.Some kid thought he would be smart and climb on the garage to get his ball.Thank god he jumped on the grass part.We also have a fence between our garden and the rest of the backyard.Dogs know not to jump it.
Old January 14th, 2004, 10:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Anyone could steal my pit bull! Pit bulls are so often stolen because they do not naturally guard territory and they are too friendly!

Mona - I need one of your GSDs to guard my pit bull.
Old January 14th, 2004, 11:17 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

THAT is hillarious LR
Old January 15th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Senior Contributor

Okie dokie LR
Old January 15th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Senior Contributor

Here's something funnier. There's a pit bull rescue in the US who was having a lot of trouble with scumbags stealing the dogs - who would of course walk off with anyone!

They installed this "Welcoming Comittee" for would-be thieves and not a single pit bull has been stolen since. I sure wouldn't try!

These are Neo Mastiffs, an American Bulldog and a Fila Brasiliero!

The Welcoming Committee
Old January 15th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

HAHAHAHAH!

What a great idea
A welcoming from them LMFHO!!
Old January 15th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Great picture LR(took me a while to figure out what LR stood for ,oh well),those "puppies" mean business:-)
Old January 15th, 2004, 05:10 PM

I know no one probably cares for my opinion, but seriously what is wrong with people.

I can't even fathom thinking of doing something like stealing someones pet and using it for fighting. Where does that thought ever come from... It makes me so mad, not to mention sick to my stomach. It is such a helpless feeling when bad things happen to animals. They can't fight back to free themselves, yes they may fight but come on no matter how intelligent your animal is chances are its not going to get away. And what happens to people who are caught doing such sickening acts. A slap on the wrist.....???? I don't know for sure that is an uneducated statement but I'm pretty sure I'm not to far off.

What I really don't understand how people but animals "below" humans. I was reading some other threads today and in one of them someone said there is 85,000 animals that need homes. I am sure this doesn't include all of them either, not to mention the ones that are killed that no one ever hears about. My dogs are my babies, I love them one hundred percent and it makes me sick to think that people own animals that don't feel the same way. Why get an animal then? People need to realize.......

Sorry I just needed to vent after reading that.
Old January 15th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Why wouldn't we care about your opinon Heather?

Dogfighting is a felony just about everywhere in North America, but proving it and prosecuting it is not always easy.

And it makes me sick to my stomach too. You would not believe the cruelty involved.

My dog is a pit bull who was found wandering the streets. She has a big (untreated) rip on her ear, a homemade tattoo and small scars on her body. I'm pretty sure she was dumped because she wouldn't fight.

Being dumped on the street was a wonderful thing for her. Often pit bulls who won't fight are shot, hung, burned alive, buried or tied out to starve to death. One dog I know of who was rescued had both her eyes gouged out - yet still loves people and was adopted out. It breaks my heart.

Many pit bulls are born in basements, fight in basements and live their miserable lives there - never seeing the light of day. They suffer gruesome injuries that are never seen by a vet - ears and testicles ripped off, legs and jaws broken.

I can't think about it too much, or I would never stop crying.
Old January 15th, 2004, 05:44 PM

absoluly awaful...

I don't have words for this

All I can do is shake my head, and hope the "buggers" (I had a worse word there but I thought I should change it) who do this are caught and tortured themselves.
Old January 15th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Senior Contributor

WOW,LR I guess you have seen more than many of us...horrific stuff.Just the thought,that this minute somewhere here in Oakville this is going on...
Part of the problem is also the 100yr old cruelty-law,where animals were simply looked upon as property.
OSPCA most times cannot go into someones property to check their animals without absolute proof and when these creatures are caught in the act,mostly there will be only a fine.
Then they'll just move to another town,as is the case of this Hamilton group moving to somewhere here in Oakville.But I guess you know all about that.
Our government has pushed the new proposed anti-cruelty bill aside for years now,so the total disregard for these poor dogs and other unfortunate animals will continue to go virtually unpunished.
First in my mind I always see"Kensington"the cat,being tortured to death,by three young"artists"...these people capable of such cruelty are walking the streets of Toronto,maybe looking for another defenseless animal.
I did not see the video of Kensington,it would have been too much,just a picture of him sitting there,just like my cats,maybe hoping to be fed..instead had to endure unspeakable horror...
I know I talked about Kensington before,but it had an incredible inpact on me and the verdict of the killer/torturer,made me very sad for this little cats life and pain,which in the judges eye was not all that bad,could have been worse.
The people who are trying to get the new bill passed,where animals will not be considered simple property,are often labelled"activists"and "special interest-groups"so I don't think we will ever see a change.
Old January 15th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes, Chico - I know about Hamilton. That's where I got my dog! I got her from a total scumbag masquerading as a "rescue".

This is a warning to people in Ontario who may be looking for a dog:

DO not adopt from, or give, ANY dog or animal to Sue Hodgins or her dauhter Tracey, under any circumstances. She calls herself "Emos Oasis" and is based in Hamilton.

I have long since warned all the HS and rescues in Ontario and every other place I could think of.

Luba, you volunteer at shelters. Please inform them of this, and tell them not to give Sue any pit bulls!
Old January 15th, 2004, 10:07 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

This is interesting LR

Can you tell me more about the situation??
Old January 15th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks for that info LR.

I will definately pass this on to our SPCA.

Hmmm you have and address for her?
Old January 15th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Senior Contributor

Sue is a lowlife, on welfare and making a bundle on "selling" dogs. She does not give them ANY vet care and has adopted out pregnant, sick, and human aggressive dogs.

She has been charged with cruelty, had her animals seized and then moved and started over again.

She has physically threatened me and my dog after I informed everyone about her, and is still threatening me.

My own dog had heartworms and hookworms when I got her and was emaciated, as you can see here.

When I questioned Sue about her extreme thinness, she said "Well, you don't want them FAT."

It cost me nearly 1000$ to return her to health, and cost Chloe a great deal in the suffering she did.

Sue Hodgins moves around a lot, for obvious reasons, and the last address I have for her is 36 Rowanwood Ave, in Hamilton.
This place was so filthy that I was afraid to touch anything for fear of getting a disease. I just wanted to get out of there, but one look at Chloe's eyes and I knew I was taking her with me.

Sue is a despicable and vicious person making a living off desperate, sick and pathetic animals, and doing it while collecting YOUR tax dollars.
Old January 15th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Sounds like a low life LR

I hope you've reported this to your local police dept.

People like that have a tendancey to do really stupid and destructive things if they feel their 'business' is threatened.

Please be careful and I'm so very happy that you took your lovely Chloe from there.
Old January 15th, 2004, 11:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Your Chloe was one very lucky dog...Could it be possible this woman is now here in Oakville?
I will tell the Oakville HS about her and note her name..if she is here,Wellfare should investigate.
I was told the group here in Oakville were a biker-gang from Hamilton,so it probably was not her.
Old January 16th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Senior Contributor

I had no idea how widespread,the cruelty to the Pit-pull is and how little can be done about it..
Old January 16th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Senior Contributor

I wrote the OSPCA about this Sue Hodgins and where her last address was,suprisingly I had an answer almost right away,from a Darren Grandel promising to look into the matter...well,we'll see!
Old January 16th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks chico. Yes, many of the rescues and Humane Societies I wrote to already knew all about her, and the ones who did not thanked me for the information.

She must not be allowed to pull dogs from pounds and Humane Socs.

And yes Luba - she is very stupid. Right now she is claiming on the net to be in possession of a dog stolen from Barlees Angels, an all breed rescue in Guelph.

I think she's probably still in Hamilton.

She used to have a Petfinder site, but I wrote them begging them to take it down, and they did.

I did see a lawyer after the fiasco with my dog and was told I would have no problem winning a judgement. However since Sue is on welfare, it would be a judgement for no money.
Old January 16th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Senior Contributor

LR.I was contacted by Hamilton SPCA a Vivianne LaFlamme,they have dealt with this woman before and she wants to talk.I e-mailed you her e-mail address,if you give her your phone number she'll probably call you.I will talk to her,but I only know what you told us.
Old January 16th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Senior Contributor

I already contacted the Hamilton SPCA awhile ago, but I'll be happy to email this woman and tell her what I know.

Thanks.
Old January 16th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Senior Contributor

LR,I talked to her and she is desperate to get all the information she can,so she can shut this b...tch down one thing for all..so please contact her.You are right on the border of Ontario,right?
If you give her your phonenumber,she'll call you.
Old February 10th, 2004, 01:00 PM

update?

Whats going on with this matter?

I hope everything is getting resolved.
I dont know how any person has the heart to do that, she must be really sick!!!!
Old February 10th, 2004, 01:11 PM

You would think you could get welfare to do something about it as I am sure she isn't reporting the income she is making on these poor puppies when she files for state aide.
Old February 16th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Senior Contributor

I don't think she would be letting Wellfare know. And she wants the dogs to make money off of. I'm glad that you informed the shelters and are doing something about this, LR and Chico. Good luck "catching" her. The cruelty that goes on is unthinkable.
Old February 16th, 2004, 02:10 PM

Oh I am sure she isn't telling Welfare, that is why I was wondering if someone in the area she lives in has reported her.