Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old October 20th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Senior Contributor

Just visiting

I am playing foster mom to a 12 yr old terrier. Scooter's real Mom is going through a bad time right now and was thinking of PTS.
My friends husband passed away at the young age of 47 in September and she is not in a good place to be able to decide the fate
of this poor little guy.

He has been peeing and pooing all over her house which
she believes is behaivoral and I agree. I offered to look after
him for her, he needs some TLC and some training, I brought
him home last Thursday and he is getting along pretty good. I do
need to crate him if I am not in the room with him, he does not like
this but the old guy sleeps like a rock so when he is asleep I close

the door and he does not even know it. When he wakes up though
this is another story and he barks like crazy.

He is a smart dog, he already knows that he does not come up to
the kitchen before me and waits until I give him the ok. Who says an
old dog can't learn new tricks.

Introducing....Scooter

Name:  Scooter 1.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  99.9 KB

Name:  Scooter 2.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  95.2 KB

I was not able to upload the picture of Sasha.
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Senior Contributor

So glad you were able to give this little guy place to stay and some proper training!! He's so adorable, he looks so soft!

How are Sasha and Scooter getting along??

Bailey (Labradoodle)
Tippy (Collie/ShepX)
Vali (American Bulldog)
Artiro (Cane Corso)
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Senior Contributor

Aww, what a sweet little guy. Not only does he look soft, but his coat is shiny looking.

I'm so happy you are able to look after him. Do you think maybe his behavioral issues might have something to do with he fact he's lost his daddy?
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old October 20th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Senior Contributor

pbpatti,he's probably rebelling against all the changes in his life,does not know what's happened to his world,but I am sure with your loving care,he'll come around.
He looks really sweet and very shiny
Old October 20th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
So glad you were able to give this little guy place to stay and some proper training!! He's so adorable, he looks so soft!

How are Sasha and Scooter getting along??
He is a little sweetheart, Sasha wants to play with him and do the (hump) which I am trying to control, when I try to distract Sasha she is a little aggressive and wants to get closer to Scooter. So far so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
Aww, what a sweet little guy. Not only does he look soft, but his coat is shiny looking.

I'm so happy you are able to look after him. Do you think maybe his behavioral issues might have something to do with he fact he's lost his daddy?
definately behaivoral to losing his daddy, when K was in the hospital Scooter was bad, when K came home he was great, typical behaivor I think when a dog/pet misses one of the alphas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
pbpatti,he's probably rebelling against all the changes in his life,does not know what's happened to his world,but I am sure with your loving care,he'll come around.
He looks really sweet and very shiny
I really hope that I can keep him long enough to give him some TLC and some boundries. Mom is taking obedince classes with the Golden and hopefully will be able to follow through with her and then bring Scooter home and continue the training.

Just noticed that I did not tell you about her having a 10 month old Golden Retreiver in the home that is in desperate need of disipline. She starts obedience classes tomorrow with her. Now she is another sweetie
Old October 20th, 2009, 10:00 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

What a little cutie!! And I got to open these pics. The other thread with Sasha flying on water never would open for me. :sad:
I bet once the little dickens is at your home for a while and settled he will settle in all areas. Sounds like he was allowed to rule the roost at his house. He needs your firm, loving hand.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 20th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
What a little cutie!! And I got to open these pics. The other thread with Sasha flying on water never would open for me. :sad:
I bet once the little dickens is at your home for a while and settled he will settle in all areas. Sounds like he was allowed to rule the roost at his house. He needs your firm, loving hand.
Yes you are right he did not have any boundries so he is learning some now with a firm but gentle hand. It will be hard to send him home when the time comes but this is for a very good cause.

I put those water pics in an album can you open them there? Hope so.
Old October 21st, 2009, 10:40 AM
-

Terriers, I just love 'em Patti
Old October 21st, 2009, 10:48 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

He's very lucky you were there to step up! You're such a good friend!!

I hope your friend can get her life back on track soon. Such a difficult time for her :sad: Please give her my condolences.

K

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old October 21st, 2009, 10:51 AM
Senior Contributor

Thank you Hazel, I will pass on your condolences. I have tried to be there for her as much as I can in this time of saddness. It does bring back alot of memoreis, that I am still working through. I just could not let her do anything rash with this little guy and regret it later.
Old October 21st, 2009, 11:27 PM

I'm glas you were able to step in & help Scooter out for a quick resolution to all his issues

for your friends' dh

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old October 22nd, 2009, 08:29 AM
Half Way To Crazy

Patti you are such a sweetheart to step in and help out.

I'm sorry for your friends loss :sad:
Old October 22nd, 2009, 09:40 AM
Young at Heart

I agree with Chico - he was probably reacting to the energy he was in. Good for you for helping him!
Old October 22nd, 2009, 09:57 AM
Senior Contributor

Thank you all for your well wishes and encouragement. Scooter is doing really well so far, he gave me a very wet seat the other day, I was working in the yard and left him in locked the kitchen, well the little b%$&r got up on my chair and took a pee. Not something that a person is going to look for before they sit down oh well changed my jeans sopped up the mess and took him outside. I still had work to do outside so I had to lock him in his crate, Scooter barked/yelped the whhole time.

He has not gone in the house since. What a smart guy his is he is learning every day and is the happiest little Scooter. I am so glad that he has had time with me hopefully when he goes home he will behave a little better.
Old October 25th, 2009, 02:35 PM
-

Patti, you are such a wonderful to help your friend during this difficult time in her life.

Scooter is a cutie and you and Sasha will be a great team to teach him how to be a good boy.

Sorry about your wet bottom though.
Old October 26th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Senior Contributor

Unhappy Gone Home

Yesterday was a sad day for me. I took Scooter home for what I thought was a visit and found out that his Mom wants him back already. She was having a "home party" and I told her I would bring Scooter with me expecting to take him home again.

She bought male dog diapers and is going to try them.. only a stop gap measure IMO not dealing and / or training him to not pee in the house. I was getting him used to being in his crate for longer periods and now this training is out the door as she does not seem to want to do it. aaggghhhhh:sad:

I was hoping that I could have had at least 1 month with him. I will miss the little guy and so will Sasha. I told her that if she gets overwhelmed again that he can come and stay with me anytime.
Old October 26th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Senior Contributor

It's terrible when owners don't want to take the time to do what's right for their pet as well as themselves.

At least she knows you are there to help if she decides he's too much for her.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old October 26th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
It's terrible when owners don't want to take the time to do what's right for their pet as well as themselves.

At least she knows you are there to help if she decides he's too much for her.
It was so hard for me to smile and let him stay. The 10 mth old Golden is quite a handful for her, I was hoping that if I had him for the month that would give her a month of training classes for the Golden. Oh well.

She knows I'm here that is what counts.
Old October 26th, 2009, 04:01 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Sometimes people just don't think things through, pbp. Maybe she'll change her mind again... If she'd allow you to train him, she'd have it so much easier!!

But you're right--she knows you're there and that's what counts. for the little guy and his family!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old October 26th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Senior Contributor

pbp.I am so sorry,I know you loved having him and I am sure he loved being in your home:sad:.
Old October 26th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Senior Contributor

I sure he is happy being home and maybe his mom will have a little more patience. Thanks for you well wishes.
Old October 26th, 2009, 10:39 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Awww Patti, I'm so sorry you don't have Scooter any more. I know you were enjoying having him around. Hopefully his mom will change her mind and let you have him back for a while. Maybe for play dates or something. If she has a pup to deal with I'm sure she will find herself overwhelmed again soon.
Sorry but I had a good giggle over the wet butt. Heaven knows I've been stepping in enough of it lately around here.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 27th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Sorry but I had a good giggle over the wet butt. Heaven knows I've been stepping in enough of it lately around here.
no need to be sorry I actutally had a giggle myself. It sure was a surprise when I sat down and felt my bum warming up like it did.