Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old April 15th, 2004, 12:20 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Everyone assumed I was sitting around watching her die.
Look, we regularly have people coming here saying "Help me" when they have desperately sick animals. They REFUSE to take them to the vet, for a variety of ridiculous reasons and they DO sit and watch them die. Some have DIED, and WE were blamed for not being able to diagnose and treat a fatally ill pet over the net. (which not even the most expert vet could do!)

We can only go by what is written. If you had said, "I have a vet appointment in _ hours, but am wondering if anyone has ideas." we would have answered differently. How were we to know you were taking your dog to the vet?
Old April 15th, 2004, 12:24 AM
Senior Contributor

People have to remember,WE are not vets here.

We can not diagnose something if we don't know.That would be wrong.So of course we suggest a vet.That's what they get paid for.We help others to the best of our knowledge.

We have been on this site for quite a while.And we have heard alot on here.Go through ALL of the post and you will understand.

How do you think we feel when things are said hatefull to us?EVEN when we try to help.

If you have noticed,once the animal has been taken to the vet and the persons tells us,THEN we can help out.As Luba just did.As for the medication,yes call your vet and find out more info about it.

As for the bang bang coment,I really don't think it was directed to you.It was a comment on someone who was thinking here we go again.That's how I understood it.

To the newbies,please go through all the posts.And you will understand more.

We have helped so very many people on here.We have also had a few who haven't listened and their pets are now at the Rainbow Bridge.....
Old April 15th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

How's poochie doing today, sorry I dont' know the name?
Old April 15th, 2004, 09:12 AM
banned user

It was ME ME ME!!!!!!! Ok for anyone who was confused over the bang bang bang comment it was MEEEEEEE!

Yes it was meant to mean "Hear we go again" So many people come on here expecting answers to questions that can be life threatening.

When there is blood go to the vet ASAP!

I have been threw it all with my 3 dogs and 2 cats.......I now worry about the smallest things......I inspect poops daily for anything. But I want all my girls to be healthy. 2 of them both have had extreme health concerns. One in particular scares the pants off me once a week.

I don't claim to know everything as I have also learned anything and everything can happen.

The comment was not meant to be hurtful but as an Companion to my animals (I hate the word owner) I feel everyone should act like they are one of their kids. If your kid had blood would you not run to hospital?

I am very passionate about animals of any kind..I have more respect for them then most humans.

I'm glad you did take them to the vet. Hopefully now they will feel better. If you looked at the 2nd post I made I also asked how your dog was doing. If anything we can all learn from one another for the benefit of our furry friends.