Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old March 5th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Tux

I know you all might think I am strange,but not a day goes by that I don't think of Tux and cry a little for him,I'll never forget his crocked little face.
He was the abandoned kitty I fed twice a day for a couple of months.
Both 14+ and I were excited to finally trap him,expecting him to have a good life at 14+,but he escaped the trap and ran off into the countryside.
I only wish he could have known I loved him and we only meant him well.
He did not trust humans,but I was fortunate enough to gain some of his trust,only to have him run off in a strange place.
I am sure by now he has gone to the Bridge,I only hope he did not suffer,he had already suffered too much in his life.
I only want to give him a little tribute,to show I've not forgotten about him and never will.
Luv you Tux,I am sorry..
Attached Images

Old March 5th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I too think of Tux and hope that he has stuck around 14+ place over the winter . It was a mild winter and there is a lot of mice around her place, so there is still hope that he will be seen again.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 5th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

I too think of Tux and still feel in my heart he is there! Cats like him are tough! and they know how to survive. Mild Ontario winter and food being eaten still at the house...I have Hope Chico!!! I wish you some peace..
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old March 5th, 2010, 07:59 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

i'm with the others chico2 i really believe that Tux is still with us and quite happy with his new digs..
Old March 5th, 2010, 08:54 PM

Hey Chico
I have my own guy 8 yrs old named Tux, and the one thing I know is that cats are smart, resilient and are very determined. If you found him in the outdoors on his own, he is no doubt very adept at finding his own food. Although you provided the food for a few months and especially with the mild weather this winter, I am sure that Tux is a well fed and content guy. You gave him what he needed and with the look on his face in the picture you provided, looks like he will very well fend for himself. Some are house pets and some are not. You graciously helped out a soul that turns out may not be. I am sure he will fend for himself just fine. You did a very good thing - taking care of him when he needed it. Keep your chin up Chico- he looks like a tough kid!
Old March 5th, 2010, 09:45 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I feel he's still out there, too, chico! Biding his time and sizing up the digs at 14+'s house! Don't give up hope As Deauce says, he's a tough kid!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 5th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Mickey, my angel

Chico.

I, too, think of Tux frequently and wonder how he is doing. Through your writings and pictures, he touched the hearts of many of us here.

As you said yourself on more than one occasion, Tux is a very smart boy and he is also very tough.

I agree with the others. There is every reason to believe that he survived this winter. It would be so very wonderful to see him again and I still have hope that we will yet.

Tux, wherever you are, sending lots of your way. I wish you could know how many people care about you.
"Let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." -Jack Layton
"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi

Kitties: Punky (17), and Sassy (13), Twinky (10),

SweetMickey 1991 to May 24, 2009

Last edited by mikischo; March 6th, 2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: spelling