Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old February 7th, 2010, 01:32 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

The sun and Catty Cats

Just enjoying the beautiful sun today chelaxin' on the rooftop. From front left - Li'l Bit, Nipper behind her, Duece in the middle with Tinker behind, Mew beside Duece and Spazzy on the right. On the porch are Qugee and Ms. Atty.
Name:  IMG_0349.JPG
Views: 173
Size:  98.1 KB
SpareCat who we don't see too often. He was a feral s/n/r who decided to climb the fence and join the gang. He lives under the house and only comes out when there are no humans around.
Name:  IMG_0350.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  43.8 KB
Trey - my feral boy who used to live with Orbit in one side of the double enclosure. I let them both join with the rest of the gang back in Dec. Now I never see Trey up close. Love his mane!
Name:  IMG_0357.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  51.0 KB

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; February 7th, 2010 at 01:59 PM. Reason: grammar
Old February 7th, 2010, 01:35 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Miss Purrfect on look out.
Name:  IMG_0362.JPG
Views: 157
Size:  96.8 KB
Kylee loving the sun in the double enclosure.
Name:  IMG_0369.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  51.4 KB
Skitty quenching her thirst.
Name:  IMG_0366.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  65.8 KB

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 7th, 2010, 01:42 PM
150% PRO S/N

The newest one in the Catuary. Taz decided to climb the fence one night last week. Shocked me when I went over the next day and saw her. She is slowly settling in. Won't let me or the other kitties near her yet but at least she is eating and has found a place to sleep.
Name:  IMG_0364.JPG
Views: 149
Size:  89.8 KB
Squeak found her patch of sun.
Name:  IMG_0368.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  54.2 KB
Even KMK was loving the warmth. Nodding off slowly.......
Name:  IMG_0360.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  53.6 KB

I missed some of them today. Orbit and Jupiter did not take good pics far away. I will have to try up closer. Bennie and Snoopy are still enjoying the comparative warmth of the greenhouse along with the newest feral kitty. They will get moved back as soon as it's warmer. And the Greyson gang - I will take the camera in soon to get snaps of them. The others I missed were in the house.

Old February 7th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Senior Contributor

14+ Kitties, I am so curious about your cat sanctuary.
I have so many questions. If you don't mind me being nosey, can you answer some of them.
How many cats do you have in total? How long does it take to clean the cat sanctuary? How much food do you go through in a month? You mentioned some cats climbing the fence, does that mean the cats could climb out if they wanted?

Thanks. I am so proud of you for taking care of all these kitties. I think you are brave and big hearted!
Harvey the English Bulldog Extraordinaire
Old February 7th, 2010, 05:29 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

They're so enjoying the sunshine! Nice to see some of the gang again, 14+!

Taz is very pretty!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 7th, 2010, 05:38 PM

Trey looks like a Mainecoon--beautiful!
Old February 7th, 2010, 06:11 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macomom View Post
14+ Kitties, I am so curious about your cat sanctuary.
I have so many questions. If you don't mind me being nosey, can you answer some of them.
How many cats do you have in total? How long does it take to clean the cat sanctuary? How much food do you go through in a month? You mentioned some cats climbing the fence, does that mean the cats could climb out if they wanted?

Thanks. I am so proud of you for taking care of all these kitties. I think you are brave and big hearted!
At the moment there is approx 38 I feed. 7 in the house. 26 in the "catuary". Ace, Ajax, Stormy, and a couple of mystery ones that are outside roaming but not far. And then there is "Smoke", the newest one who I suspect is the farmers barn cat from next door but may have been dumped. He will be released once he is fixed some time in March.
Depending on how thorough of a job I do cleaning it can take approx 3 hours a day. If I do a really thorough job it can take a whole day or more. I wash all of the blankets once a month or more if needed. That is about six loads of laundry. Then there is cleaning after a couple of sprayers have gone to town. The warmer weather in the spring means at least a two day clean out.
Food - 200 cans a week outside. 50 or so inside. One large bag of dry food although I really want to try to get them away from it completely. But I worry about some of them not getting any food. At least if there is dry down they get something.
The cats can climb the fence any time they want. The ones outside can get in. The inside ones can not get out. The fence has a curved top on it that goes out approx two feet or more. You can see it in the first picture. Cats (most) do not like climbing upside down and that is what they would have to do to get over the curved section. I have had a few in the past get out but not since we have perfected the fence top. All but one returned. The one that is still out I see occasionally. He is completely feral. No hope of catching him again.

Old February 7th, 2010, 06:17 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
They're so enjoying the sunshine! Nice to see some of the gang again, 14+!

Taz is very pretty!
Taz lives up to her name. She is a little "off". She has been fixed so I don't have to worry about trapping her. I hope she settles and finds a friend. She is the one who lured Spare Cat away last year when the fence was being replaced and repaired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay9 View Post
Trey looks like a Mainecoon--beautiful!
I have a few I suspect have some Coon in them. None are purebred but they have all the trappings.

Old February 7th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Senior Contributor

I think I have died and gone to heaven.

They are ALL GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have said this time and time again, you are AMAZING and an

You dedicate so much for all these kitties. And I know deep down they appreciate it.

You are MY hero.

Old February 7th, 2010, 06:40 PM
-

You boggle my mind 14k. How on earth you remember their names is a miracle in itself
Old February 7th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Doggie Wench

What beautiful pictures 14+. And thank you for describing your routine in regards to taking such good care of them. I find it fascinating that some cats are finding their ways to you and the catuary. Can I ask where do you buy all the cat food? Do they at least give you a discount ?

You are one amazing woman .
Old February 7th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Slave to the Kitties

Ahhh kitties enjoying a sunny day.
There all so cute sitting there enjoying the warmth.
Old February 7th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

Thats alot of kitties enjoying the sun in a safe loving place being looked after by a angel.
Old February 7th, 2010, 11:04 PM
You can call me DOG!

Trey looks so majestic! Love his mane.

All beautiful pictures 14+

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old February 7th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Live well, laugh often

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
At the moment there is approx 38 I feed. 7 in the house. 26 in the "catuary". Ace, Ajax, Stormy, and a couple of mystery ones that are outside roaming but not far. And then there is "Smoke", the newest one who I suspect is the farmers barn cat from next door but may have been dumped. He will be released once he is fixed some time in March.
Depending on how thorough of a job I do cleaning it can take approx 3 hours a day. If I do a really thorough job it can take a whole day or more. I wash all of the blankets once a month or more if needed. That is about six loads of laundry. Then there is cleaning after a couple of sprayers have gone to town. The warmer weather in the spring means at least a two day clean out.
Food - 200 cans a week outside. 50 or so inside. One large bag of dry food although I really want to try to get them away from it completely. But I worry about some of them not getting any food. At least if there is dry down they get something.
Can I just say WOW . You amaze me .

and thanks for those wonderful pictures of the kitties in the sun .
Old February 7th, 2010, 11:23 PM
150% PRO S/N

Aww thanks everyone. Believe me, it is a labour of love. I only wish I could do more. Still waiting on the big lottery win!!!!

LP - I think the kitties put out calling cards or something. I wonder some nights if I will see a new face when I go over. I never knew Jupiter or Orbit were around until Jup climbed the fence and Orbit got caught in the trap. I know there is a cat around now eating the food in the greenhouse. Just waiting patiently for him to show himself.
As for food I am ashamed to admit I am feeding Friskies and Fancy Feast right now. With this many kitties it's all I can afford. If I get a few more hours at work then I splurge and get better food for them and dole it out slowly. Normally it is Wellness or Performatrin Ultra. And no, no discounts.
The dry food is Kirklands. I am going to check out the new one of theirs next time I go to Costco. See if it's better quality.
We only have one butcher in town and he is outrageously priced. I am on a lookout to find one where I can pick up some chicken necks for the cats. I would love to start them on that at least.

Old February 7th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Live well, laugh often

So if someone maybe wanted to help you buy some cat food would that be okay .
Old February 7th, 2010, 11:33 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriM View Post
So if someone maybe wanted to help you buy some cat food would that be okay .
Awww sheesh. I really didn't want to make it sound like my guys are suffering. They aren't. They get tons to eat and never go hungry. Believe me!! In fact someone (not naming names ) thinks I feed them too much.
I just don't know what to say. Thank you!

Old February 7th, 2010, 11:41 PM
Live well, laugh often

I very much know that your guys are not suffering but I am also very impressed with what you do and I would be happy to help .
Old February 8th, 2010, 03:03 AM

Great pics nice to see the kitties out hanging in the sunshine

Maybe Taz & SpareCat will be buddies & they can draw each other into the group a bit more

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old February 8th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Awwww, great pics, 14+, loved looking at all of them. You are one of my heros , I don't know where you find the time to do so much for the poor kitties, just amazes me.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old February 8th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Senior Contributor

14+, I love that you have a couple that have broken in. I can just imagine them coming up to the fence and the others telling them, "Hey, come on in, it's great in here."

You and hubby have done such a marvelous job with the catuary. I love the little kitty cabins and the fence is great.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old February 8th, 2010, 02:53 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks everyone! Your thoughts and good wishes on Pets sometimes keep me going when new ones show up and I am frustrated with people. I know there is a huge group of loving, caring people out there who would do the same in a heartbeat!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
14+, I love that you have a couple that have broken in. I can just imagine them coming up to the fence and the others telling them, "Hey, come on in, it's great in here."

You and hubby have done such a marvelous job with the catuary. I love the little kitty cabins and the fence is great.
Thanks AG! Lots of plans afoot for the catuary this year! A new roof for the small house, new walls that are easier to wipe down for the big house, outside litter boxes protected from the weather, etc.......
And one huge project that will keep all of the kitties warm next winter if we can pull it off!

Old February 8th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Senior Contributor

I wish you all the luck in the world so that you can make your plans a reality. I wish I lived closer, so I could at least help you.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old February 8th, 2010, 03:08 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
I wish you all the luck in the world so that you can make your plans a reality. I wish I lived closer, so I could at least help you.
Thanks!!

Old February 8th, 2010, 03:28 PM
-

Quote:
I wish I lived closer, so I could at least help you.
I wish I did too...the few times I have been to 14k's I just goggle in amazement Name:  goggle eyed.gif
Views: 173
Size:  1.2 KB
Old February 8th, 2010, 03:30 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
I wish I did too...the few times I have been to 14k's I just goggle in amazement Attachment 62120
Well my friend, that one is easily fixed.

Old February 8th, 2010, 03:37 PM
-

Is it
Old February 8th, 2010, 03:38 PM
-

So are you thinking that when I come and visit this year, you are gonna put me to work?
Old February 8th, 2010, 03:44 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
So are you thinking that when I come and visit this year, you are gonna put me to work?
No hon!! I never put people to work. You know that. I meant you could move closer to me!! That way we could do coffee and stuff more often. In the catuary so the kitties can get to know you and not run away.