Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits

Old April 6th, 2003, 07:33 PM

Question What kind of BREED do my cat have in her???

Hi, I have a beautiful cat named Shorty Blackwell. When she was born, she was all white, but had a faint tint of grey on the tips os her ears and her tail. Gradually these colours on her ears and tail grewe darker. Now she is almost 5 yrs. And she has dark markings around her bottom legs, a grey and black tail, grey and black ears, a mix of grey & black throughout her back and sides, and around here nose, is an orangy, yellow colour. Also she has Bright blue eyes. If anyone knows, please drop me a line!!!!
Old June 13th, 2003, 11:37 PM

siamese kittens are born pure white and then develop their color points over the next three weeks after birth, getting more and more color as they age. normally, their bodies darken with age, but usually not into multi colors on their bodies. most siamese mixes are solid black, but the white at birth and the blue eyes definitely sound siamese. you may have a mix, doesn't sound like a purebred siamese.
Old July 9th, 2012, 02:10 PM

im not sure what breed my cat lucky is....

so last year in January i found this stray cat she wandered into my garage after being chased. i live in a desert so it was probably a coyote or more. i put up flyers for someone to claim her but no one ever did. instantly i became attached so i was relieved that they never did. she is a very happy cat and incredibly vocal. i thought she was a Siamese given her coloring and her eyes but when you Google pictures of the breed they always have skinny faces and she does not. but she fits the personality. then i was watching cats 101 and they showed a birman cat and i was like interesting this could be her. so i googled that and the trait for one is white paws, which she has. i'm no expert in breeds, i just would like to know what breed she truly is.
Name:  290431_2408496090792_2050243_o.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  169.5 KB

Name:  SAM_1523.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  101.9 KB
i inserted two pictures a close up of her beautiful face and then one showing her more full length and a paw (all four of her paws look like that)
Old July 9th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrillKikiLucky View Post
so last year in January i found this stray cat she wandered into my garage after being chased. i live in a desert so it was probably a coyote or more. i put up flyers for someone to claim her but no one ever did. instantly i became attached so i was relieved that they never did. she is a very happy cat and incredibly vocal. i thought she was a Siamese given her coloring and her eyes but when you Google pictures of the breed they always have skinny faces and she does not. but she fits the personality. then i was watching cats 101 and they showed a birman cat and i was like interesting this could be her. so i googled that and the trait for one is white paws, which she has. i'm no expert in breeds, i just would like to know what breed she truly is.
Attachment 77871

Attachment 77872
i inserted two pictures a close up of her beautiful face and then one showing her more full length and a paw (all four of her paws look like that)
She is beautiful!!

http://www.catchannel.com/breeds/b_landing.aspx

here is a link of cats breeds
Old July 9th, 2012, 11:32 PM

thank you. she is my lucky little stray haha. the website was helpful
Old July 10th, 2012, 09:40 AM

Try looking up Ragdoll cats. They also have those white paws, and if I am remembering correctly, were crossed with Siamese to get the points.
Sunshine~ Golden retriever X white german sheperd (Dad's dog)~October 24, 2008-