Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old August 24th, 2008, 12:47 AM

=]

I'm Whoopsie, a current college student in Virginia with six pets. I have two cats named Leelu and Sasha, who my boyfriend and I recently adopted from a local SPCA. They're gray fur-faces of love, and will be six months old on September 14th. Before we got them, they were residents of Lowes, where a SPCA volunteer picked them up when she saw workers throwing rocks at them. Leelu is definitely my lap kitty, and Sasha is more of the independent one. They're definitely sisters though, and love to wrestle and cry when separated (we found this out during the spaying period).

We also have three gerbils. Their names are Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi, and they've been with us for three months. These little guys are loaded with personality.

Last, but not least, we have one hermit crab that goes by the name of Shrek. He's been with me the longest, a year.

Oh, and Leelu says hi. She's watching me type from my lap, and in general, being her cute self by passing out on my laptop mouse and lap.

Last edited by whoopsie; August 24th, 2008 at 01:17 AM.
Old August 24th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Senior Contributor

Hi Whoopsie, welcome to the board.
My nephew had a gerbil that rushed around the house in one of those clear plastic balls, followed closely by the two cats. Gerbil died a natural death, I am happy to say.
Old August 24th, 2008, 01:19 AM

;)

Nice to meet you. Yes, our cats love television as much as they love those gerbils... which to say, is a lot. We're trying to introduce, and figure out a way that they can all be together without any scratched noses. The gerbils (I'm kind of proud of this actually...) aren't bothered by cats pressed up against the cage at all.

Have pets, Badger?
Old August 24th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Senior Contributor

12 cats, fished from the alley.
And some days I would happily trade them all for one nice dog.
Old August 24th, 2008, 03:16 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Hi, Whoopsie! Welcome to the board.

You will, of course, be hounded for pictures of your menagerie (don't forget Shrek, either, please! ) because (in case you haven't realized this yet) we're mostly picture junkies here. It's our embarrassing little secret, but we just can't resist pictures!

Hope you enjoy your stay! I'm looking forward to hearing about the adventures of kitties, gerbils and hermit crab!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 25th, 2008, 10:39 PM
border collie mama

welcome to the board. We would loveee pictures when you get a chance..although hermit crabs, and crabs in general kinda scare me a little