Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old September 19th, 2008, 10:30 AM

Weird Lumps on Dog's Paws - Please Help

The dog is an adult male Shih-Tzu, pure bred, belongs to an extended family member. This (photo) is the lump on his back paw. I don't think it's getting any bigger, but it does change shape a little. It's very pink, as you can see, and it secretes sticky yellow stuff that has a bit of an odor. Dog licks it, which tells me it probably bothers him as he never licks himself except for his nose/face.

He has other (different) lumps on his back, neck, and side that the vet said were cysts and tested a few of them, (took a sample with a syringe), that are supposed to be ok, I'm not sure the vet has even seen all of those, but they don't seem to bother him and I've seen them on other dogs.

The ones on the dogs paws are different as I described and I can never be sure if the vet has seen them or not, as the owner tends to be cheap and somewhat shady
Attached Images

Old September 20th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Mom to Harley

How old is the dog?

If the owner is too cheap to get the dog checked out that is just sick and wrong. If I were you I would take the dog to the vet myself and get it checked out. If you have to lie and say you would like to take the the dog for a walk. Do what you have to, but the poor little thing needs some medical attention.
Old September 20th, 2008, 10:24 PM

He's 8. I plan on taking him to the vet/am waiting for the appointment, just wondering what the heck this thing might be. The vet has no doubt seen it, because the vet cuts the dog's nails between grooming appointments...so I'm taking him to a different clinic.