Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old February 14th, 2011, 12:46 PM

Hello We are new here also

I am Sandy and I am here along w/ my best friend ever Matsi Oyesa
I have been looking every where to find somewhere there were people going threw what Matsi and I are.
Matsi is my Husky/Chow and is 9 yrs old. This perfact little lady saved my life when she was a baby. I fell head over heels in love w/her. I had always been a Cat person until I met her.
I just never knew how much a best friend could love you , and How very much I could love her.It hurts my heart when she isnt feeling good.
She makes me smile so much everyday. I thank her for this

Last edited by groundwire; February 15th, 2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: trying to load a picture
Old February 14th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Senior Contributor

welcome groundwire! you have to tell us more about how your pupper saved your life!! and a pic would be wonderful.
Old February 14th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Senior Contributor
Space Invaders Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion

Welcome to the site. She sounds like a wonderful girl. Yes, you will have to tell us more.

Owned by

Bree 12 year old GSD
Keesha 8 year old GSD
Cyrus 7 year old GSD

RIP: All my angels.
Old February 14th, 2011, 10:25 PM
You can call me DOG!

Looking forward to hearing stories Matsi and....

Name:  postpics.gif
Views: 479
Size:  41.6 KB

Sorry, not trying to be too forceful!

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old February 15th, 2011, 12:21 PM

More about Matsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
welcome groundwire! you have to tell us more about how your pupper saved your life!! and a pic would be wonderful.
I have posted some pictures of Matsi. Sorry I am having a little bit of a challenge learning the site.
Matsi is my 9 1/2 yr old , who I have gotten when she was a baby. I worked at a Humane Soc in a rule county and well they wanted to put her down because they wasnt sure what she was. Which to this day is in Question , even w/my vet. It is more likely she is Hi-Bred ( wolf /dog)
That doesnt matter. When I seen her I just fell in love. I never owned a best friend before. I was just a alot on the suicidal side back then, and when I met Matsi ,She taught me how to Live, Love and the true meaning of the word Love. She saved me from myself. Together we have saved the life of many other animals of all kinds. We have even gone after a Tiger together that was in a apt w/2 little kids. Matsi has brought so much happiness to me. I would do anything for her, go any where for her. Matsi taught me how to live and she has been beside me all the way. I have been disabled now for about 5 yrs and I really enjoy it because she is by my side. If I go some where she goes ( minus the grocery), It has always been if she isnt welcome I am not either. I dont think there isnt anything we cannot do togther.
I really never knew how having a best friend would change my life. I have always loved animals but didnt want to commit until her.
She wasnt raised w/ kids but she sure loves them, We even bottle fed a litter of puppies and she jumped right in and was mommie, except I did the feeding. Matsi has the sweetiest personality. When I was on a walker for a short time she walked beside me , she learned to handle the handicap equipment just fine. I lived on a 2nd floor apt , she was perfact about us getting up and down. If I would fall outside she would come over and kiss me, walk away potty then come back and help me get to my feet. I never knew a dog could be so cool.We have been threw alot but we are still together , stronger than ever.
I guess I dont just love my best friend , You could say I am in love w/her. I have never had a relationship last this long in my life and I wouldnt trade it for the world. She makes me smile every day and the love from her is like no other.
I just thank god I was working there when she came in , cause she wouldnt be here today, nor would I.
That is our story
Old February 15th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundwire View Post
I have posted some pictures of Matsi. Sorry I am having a little bit of a challenge learning the site.
Matsi is my 9 1/2 yr old , who I have gotten when she was a baby. I worked at a Humane Soc in a rule county and well they wanted to put her down because they wasnt sure what she was. Which to this day is in Question , even w/my vet. It is more likely she is Hi-Bred ( wolf /dog)
That doesnt matter. When I seen her I just fell in love. I never owned a best friend before. I was just a alot on the suicidal side back then, and when I met Matsi ,She taught me how to Live, Love and the true meaning of the word Love. She saved me from myself. Together we have saved the life of many other animals of all kinds. We have even gone after a Tiger together that was in a apt w/2 little kids. Matsi has brought so much happiness to me. I would do anything for her, go any where for her. Matsi taught me how to live and she has been beside me all the way. I have been disabled now for about 5 yrs and I really enjoy it because she is by my side. If I go some where she goes ( minus the grocery), It has always been if she isnt welcome I am not either. I dont think there isnt anything we cannot do togther.
I really never knew how having a best friend would change my life. I have always loved animals but didnt want to commit until her.
She wasnt raised w/ kids but she sure loves them, We even bottle fed a litter of puppies and she jumped right in and was mommie, except I did the feeding. Matsi has the sweetiest personality. When I was on a walker for a short time she walked beside me , she learned to handle the handicap equipment just fine. I lived on a 2nd floor apt , she was perfact about us getting up and down. If I would fall outside she would come over and kiss me, walk away potty then come back and help me get to my feet. I never knew a dog could be so cool.We have been threw alot but we are still together , stronger than ever.
I guess I dont just love my best friend , You could say I am in love w/her. I have never had a relationship last this long in my life and I wouldnt trade it for the world. She makes me smile every day and the love from her is like no other.
I just thank god I was working there when she came in , cause she wouldnt be here today, nor would I.
That is our story
Oh what a wonderful story . It sounds like you saved each other's lives.

Animals are so amazing in their unconditional love, it is a pure love the is rarely seen in humans, except between a mother and child.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old February 15th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Senior Contributor

I just went to look at your pictures of her, she is gorgeous!!!
Old February 15th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi

Welcome to the forum!!

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)