Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 14th, 2010, 02:16 PM

Question Problem grooming cat

Hi everyone,

Roxy, my sister's cat, has matted fur on her...let's say behind. Last year my sister took her to a groomer to get them cut off. Roxy growled and wasn't happy about the whole thing but all in all, it wasn't so bad, my sister was proud of Roxy's behaviour (considering Roxy's personality ) and the mats were gone.

This year, same groomer but Roxy wasn't happy AT ALL She hissed, growled and scratched the groomer and my sister. My sister was told to get tranquillizers from the vet because it was impossible to trim her fur. Roxy only gets her bum trimmed because of the mats; the rest of her fur isn't trimmed. I know brushing is best to prevent mats but Roxy doesn't even like to be brushed She won't run and hide, she will turn on you, growl and swat you

Do you have any tips? My sister will call another groomer whose speciality is cats but maybe she will refuse to see Roxy after hearing about all this. My sister will also call the vet but frankly, the tranquillizer solution is a bit scary.

Also, is it a good thing for my sister to be there while the grooming is being done or is it best for her to leave the room?

I've never had this problem, my girls, Kira and Jadzia have short hair

Thanks!