Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old October 3rd, 2011, 08:57 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Beautiful Thorin and silly Nookie Monster

Thorin is home, but still very, very wobbly. Nookie is concerned for him and won't leave him alone, so we will definitely have to separate them tonight. MIL called me in to the living room, and this is what I saw

Poor Thorin can't play, of course. But lil Nookie Monster doesn't understand. He was pulling out all the "look at me, I'm cute" tricks he could think of
Attached Images

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old October 3rd, 2011, 09:02 PM
Senior Contributor

But in the end, was a little sad and dejected

Name:  009 (2).JPG
Views: 150
Size:  79.9 KB

So mommy loaded him up with homemade cookies and daddy took him out to play for a little bit

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012

Last edited by Rgeurts; October 3rd, 2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Typo!
Old October 3rd, 2011, 09:59 PM
Senior Contributor

...and Thorin's got this "if-I-look-at-him-I'm-going-to-have-kill-him" look about him. LOL. Or is it "Mummmm, get this clown out of my face!" ? Nookie is such a special boy, you must have so many laughs daily that it's worth every cent you've ever spent on him. The look on his face in that last photo is priceless.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:10 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfields View Post
...and Thorin's got this "if-I-look-at-him-I'm-going-to-have-kill-him" look about him. LOL. Or is it "Mummmm, get this clown out of my face!" ? Nookie is such a special boy, you must have so many laughs daily that it's worth every cent you've ever spent on him. The look on his face in that last photo is priceless.
GF, I think his look is a combination of both. He refused to make any eye contact with poor little Nookie. Nookie even pushed his bone to Thorin a couple of times
They are worth every penny, and then some!
They have very different personalities, but have both learned some really sweet traits from each other. We wouldn't give either of them up for anything

Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:26 PM

Awww I love the 2nd pic in the 1st post -- way too cute!

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old October 4th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Half Way To Crazy

great pictures!!

love the one where Nookie is trying to get Thorins att, with his butt in the air

to funny

Old October 4th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Senior Contributor

Nookie doesn't bark. He's extremely vocal though. He makes a "gurgling" sound and "coos" a lot. I don't know if any of you ever watched Star Trek (the originals), but there was an episode with these little furballs called Tribbles. That's what Nookie sounds like lol

He was making his little "monster" sounds while scooting himself closer and closer to Thorin. It was so funny, and very sweet
I don't know how Thorin could resist that cuteness overload! I'll blame it on the anesthesia!

Old October 4th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Chum Mum

That is so funny Robyn....as I was reading this post, I got an incoming email , and guess what sound effect I have set up for incoming G-mails...you got it "Tribbles" haha , it was like a sound track for the pictures!!! If he makes the sound of the angry tribbles that's the one I use for Telus email!!
R.I.P. Boog,Pootie, Bud & Tarkha
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I look into your soft brown eyes,
Where love and loyal homage shine,
And wonder where the difference lies
Between your soul and mine!
Old October 4th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsqU4r3d View Post
That is so funny Robyn....as I was reading this post, I got an incoming email , and guess what sound effect I have set up for incoming G-mails...you got it "Tribbles" haha , it was like a sound track for the pictures!!! If he makes the sound of the angry tribbles that's the one I use for Telus email!!
LOL!! How weird is that?! I just love his "tribble" sounds
One of the vets from Dr. Marsdens office (a lady from Austalia who came to study under him) used to say all the time "Why bark when monster sounds will do?"

He really is a strange little boy! And such a sweet baby

I'm gonna have to find that for my email too

Old October 4th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Chum Mum

Both your boys are gorgeous...I have a real soft spot for Mals...before we got Chum we had a beautiful Mal girl "Tarkha" she also never barked but made a kind of wooing sound...she was a sweetie, I still tear up sometimes thinking of her and she has been gone for 12 years. I wish for good health for both your boys ,
Old October 4th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Both your boys are gorgeous...I have a real soft spot for Mals...before we got Chum we had a beautiful Mal girl "Tarkha" she also never barked but made a kind of wooing sound...she was a sweetie, I still tear up sometimes thinking of her and she has been gone for 12 years. I wish for good health for both your boys ,
Thank you
Shaun and I both have a soft spot for Mals as well. And Nookie does the woo-woo's too
I bet your girl was beautiful! I don't think we ever really get over losing them. At least I don't
But I have a soft spot for Spaniels as well. I had one that was crossed with white GSD yrs ago. He was the funniest boy. When we lived in Vegas, he would carry Cicadas around in his mouth until they quit "buzzing", drop it and then go find another "fresh" one
I think it was the vibration of their wings on his tongue that he liked
I think Chum is just gorgeous. And I'm very partial to his coloring

Nookie has been doing great except for the weight loss
Thorin on the other hand, not doing so well. I'm afraid we may be saying goodbye to him much sooner than we were hoping
It seems the chemo didn't do much for him. He had 3 tumors removed yesterday. One from between his shoulder blades, one from just under his collar on his neck and another from the base of his skull. They are fairly positive it's cancer, just not sure which one. We should know in a week.

Old October 4th, 2011, 06:37 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Wonderful pics, Rgeurts!

Still keeping our paws and fingers crossed for a good path report for Thorin!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old October 5th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Just saw these two threads and they are wonderful! Thorin and Nookie are just so gorgeous. They both have such great facial expressions and the kisses are too sweet. I'm glad I found them.
Old October 5th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Chum Mum

I hope Thorin is doing well today....sending positive vibes for good test results...Chum and I send lots of hugs...for you, hubby, MIL and Thorin and Nookie
Old October 5th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Unofficial Zookeeper

OK. I've stared at these absolutley breathtakingly beautiful (er um handsome) boys of yours and I'm just in love with them. truly. And that arse up in the air trying to get him to play..was completley adorable. I'd say that look was "Really kid...I feel like ^$&%, go away". and his look at the end was "well geesh you grump".

(but then again...I could be wrong) .
It kinda also looks like he was saying 'mom...im so fixing to bite his nose, remove him from my site, please". and the response "but I love you, and I just was trying to play...sniffle".

ok. done doing doggy interps.
Old October 6th, 2011, 03:15 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgeurts View Post
But I have a soft spot for Spaniels as well. I had one that was crossed with white GSD yrs ago. He was the funniest boy. When we lived in Vegas, he would carry Cicadas around in his mouth until they quit "buzzing", drop it and then go find another "fresh" one
This has to be the funniest thing I've heard all day. He would have loved the giant Bogong moths we get here, they'd have given him a buzz too. How gross, really(thinking of holding a Cicada in my own mouth). Yuk.

Wishing Thorin good luck, I hope the results are better than you think.
Old October 6th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Wonderful pics, Rgeurts!

Still keeping our paws and fingers crossed for a good path report for Thorin!
Thorin said to say thanks to you and the pack!! He (and we!) appreciate all the , (and paws) and er's. It keeps us going and is so nice to know we aren't going through it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
Just saw these two threads and they are wonderful! Thorin and Nookie are just so gorgeous. They both have such great facial expressions and the kisses are too sweet. I'm glad I found them.
Thank you, DD. They are both such clowns, and our babies

Quote:
I hope Thorin is doing well today....sending positive vibes for good test results...Chum and I send lots of hugs...for you, hubby, MIL and Thorin and Nookie
Thank you so much CsqU4r3d!! Thorin is feeling great, but he's ripped a few stitches out. They have decided not to put them back in, but to just let it open and heal from the inside out. It's going to be a much longer process and he will be susceptible to infection, so we will have to clean it often. But otherwise, he's doing well! The hugs are returned to you both, by all of us! And wet kissies from Thorin and Nookie

Old October 6th, 2011, 09:23 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Thorin, leave your owies alone! Silly boy! Glad he's feelin' so good, though! Still keeping the heading your way!!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old October 6th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegaderuby View Post
OK. I've stared at these absolutley breathtakingly beautiful (er um handsome) boys of yours and I'm just in love with them. truly. And that arse up in the air trying to get him to play..was completley adorable. I'd say that look was "Really kid...I feel like ^$&%, go away". and his look at the end was "well geesh you grump".

(but then again...I could be wrong) .
It kinda also looks like he was saying 'mom...im so fixing to bite his nose, remove him from my site, please". and the response "but I love you, and I just was trying to play...sniffle".

ok. done doing doggy interps.
LOL RR, I think it was a bit of both for Thorin, and definitely the latter for Nookie. He was very sad. Well, until he got some cookies and daddy took him outside, then he cheered up! Nookie does some very silly (but very cute) things. He has the weirdest personality and we just adore him for it
A lot of it, I'm sure, is the brain damage. He has scarring from the meningoencephalitis and the grand mals, so he is a very strange boy. But still extremely intelligent! He does a little "swimming" thing when he's bored. He will lay on his side, make little "monster" noises, as one of our vet calls them, and just wave his front paws like he's swimming. The vets get such a kick out of it. We call him our "autistic" baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfields View Post
This has to be the funniest thing I've heard all day. He would have loved the giant Bogong moths we get here, they'd have given him a buzz too. How gross, really(thinking of holding a Cicada in my own mouth). Yuk.

Wishing Thorin good luck, I hope the results are better than you think.
GF, it was hillarious! The first time I ever saw him do it, I thought "what in the world are you doing?". He walked by me, his lips curled up so tight, his teeth bared and he was "humming"! So I followed him for a minute, he stopped "humming", opened his mouth and a Cicada fell to the ground ! I'm sure you can imagine my surprise (and disgust! ) He went sniffing around, found another and did it all over again
He was such a fun boy to have. I always seem to end up with the oddest animals, but I wouldn't trade any of them

I hope Thorins path report comes back better than what they are thinking, too. She did say that once in awhile she is completely surprised by the report, that it looks like the "Big C" with the needle aspiration, but comes back benign. That's what we're hoping and ing for!

Old October 6th, 2011, 09:39 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Robyn, we had a lump removed from Cass shortly after she arrived here. The aspiration showed very suspicious cells and the vet suspected a mast cell tumor so we had it taken out. They took large margins, too, to make sure they got it all. Poor girl even had a drain for a while.

Path report came back as a vaccination reaction lump We didn't cotton onto it right away cuz the lump didn't show up for two weeks past the vaccination... *sigh*

Anyway, the point of the story is that needle aspirations are not always accurate, and vets are fooled now and then. I'm hoping that's the case with Thorin.

Old October 6th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Robyn, we had a lump removed from Cass shortly after she arrived here. The aspiration showed very suspicious cells and the vet suspected a mast cell tumor so we had it taken out. They took large margins, too, to make sure they got it all. Poor girl even had a drain for a while.

Path report came back as a vaccination reaction lump We didn't cotton onto it right away cuz the lump didn't show up for two weeks past the vaccination... *sigh*

Anyway, the point of the story is that needle aspirations are not always accurate, and vets are fooled now and then. I'm hoping that's the case with Thorin.
Thank you, Hazel
That's what we're hoping for, too. She suspects Mast cell tumors as well, but we're hoping she is surprised.

Old October 6th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Senior Contributor

We're all over getting "surprise" results so long as it's a good surprise! Hugs to all from us here in BC.