Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old February 6th, 2007, 12:11 AM

Most of you don`t know me, but I consider myself sort of regular cause I read at least some of the new posts most days. I just don`t post much, usually only when I have a question or might have experience with something someone else asks about. I do find ya`ll entertaining too
Old February 6th, 2007, 12:44 AM

I have to admit that I have spurts where I post a lot and then spurts where I don't even remember to turn on my computer. And sometimes I will check to see what was posted, but I don't often have anything to say.

And on several occasions I have thought about threads I could start, only to forget entirely what I was going to say by the time I get to a computer (and if this is what my memory is like at 25, I don't want to know what it is like in 10 years!!!)

And I think if we only reach 10% of the people who ask the breeding-related or the "really should be at the emergency vets right now" questions and change their opinion towards the value of their pets than that's 10% who wouldn't think differently if all of you wonderful people wern't here. of course that could just be really naive of me, but I have to think that some of what is said sinks in...
Old February 6th, 2007, 04:39 PM
-

I don't post as much as I used to. :sad: And, I don't think I'll ever get caught up again. :sad:
Old February 6th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Beeing a 3-cat mama,but an all out animal-lover,I have learned tons here and I am very proud of myself when I can now name almost every breed of dog,if someone asks
I am also very impressed and proud of all the cat/dog rescuers on this Forum,the net-work that always seem to work together,to help poor stray or sick animals find a good home.They are amazing wonderful people,BMDlover,Badger,Toonces,Golden Girl,CPietra,Inverness,Catsnatcher,Kashtins Kin,Boxer Rescue,Lucky,I am sure I forgot a few,but you are ALL wonderful!!!
Old February 6th, 2007, 09:23 PM

Hmm... Frenchy, Poodletalk, Boubou, Susieqt, mesaana, Luba, canine14, coppperbelle.... There are just so many!
Old February 6th, 2007, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
That never stops me
You so fuuunny Frenchy. lol

I didn't even notice this til today, O forgot I posted in here.
Old February 6th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Animal Lover

I post here more than I should prolly. hehe I read a lot of the general forum and stuff, but dont' post there regularly. There are more educated people than I out there. I like the picture thread and the off topic stuff the best. I think that's where the social aspect of this board comes into play and you get to know people and their animals on a different level than say the emergency thread. Anyway, I love this place and I am addicted. I do call it my "dog forum" though even though I have different animals. <sorry otis> And I talk about my animals waaay too much at work. There is another lady with 3 dogs and she never mentions them unless I ask. :sad:

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous
Old February 6th, 2007, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
I don't post as much as I used to. :sad: And, I don't think I'll ever get caught up again. :sad:
Me neither! There are like over 100 new posts a day. My days of keeping up are lonnnng gone!
Old February 7th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Senior Contributor

Thank's Prin,for adding more heroes,my memory falters at timesI should also add you,since you fostered twice,with more to come
Old February 7th, 2007, 09:50 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

I too am very proud of alot of members here on this board alone who help animals every single day I also just love reading posts from normal loving pet owners
Old February 7th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow
I don't post as much as I used to. And, I don't think I'll ever get caught up again.
Hi rainbow I noticed that you don't post as much and just felt like telling you I noticed. It's interesting how some of the members leave such an impression. I've even had weird dreams almost as if I know some of the regulars. Like I saw technodoll at a nightclub once, very wierd. And I feel like I know Prin's Jemma because of some stories she's told about her. I also go through phases of more or less posting depending on how things are going in my life.

One thing that really bugs me is that sometimes I try to help a new member and i'll look up a bunch of information and be all concerned and then they never come back or don't even respond. I kind of live for those thank you that really helped or okay i'll look into that. It seems like a lot of people just come for a quick fix answer or to hear what they want to hear.
Old February 9th, 2007, 01:14 AM
And Zoodle's Mom!

I'm here too! I rarely post much anymore - just pop in to check what's goin' on and that's about it! I don't have the luxury job that I had before where I could be on here all day long!! I actually have to work now - and no browsing computers in a factory! The rest of my time is spent catering to my babies and I just don't have the time like I used to!

I think about you all though!!!
Old February 9th, 2007, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin View Post
There are a lot of lurkers though too. People who just find us entertaining, but aren't too talkative...
I'm one of those lurkers who usually doesn't have much to say. I post once in a while, but I'm usually so busy reading and going off on or following tangents I lose track of the original post & thought. I have to admit I first signed up for the valuable information, but the entertainment factor took over almost right away.
Old February 9th, 2007, 12:50 PM

I come on this forum every single day, in the morning with my coffee, and at night! I am addicted, even tho I rarely write anything, my brain is always learning something new! I love it!

Thanks for making this forum a fun place to learn and share feelings!

Maxine
PS: Miss Miew is still with me, enjoying life with her "sisters from another mother" and her BFF Lex No seriously, she is the sweetest, and I hope she will find her furever home soon, even tho it's gonna be very difficult for me:sad: