Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old September 2nd, 2009, 01:16 PM
Senior Contributor

Tattoos

How many of you have tattoos that are animal related? So far, I have one. It is on my back. It is a design, but when you look at it, it is an elephant. I want to get a few more.

One of them is, I want to get a paw prints, for each animal that I have picked up and left a soft spot in my heart. Just don't know where to get it on my body *lol* I have quite a few. Also, one of these quotes as well. Probably get these in Chiense lettering, since you can pretty much sum up a paragraph with one or a few letters. Can't decide on which one.

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated".

“Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission - to be of service to them whenever they require it.”

Those who wish to pet and baby wild animals "love" them. But those who respect their natures and wish to let them live normal lives, love them more

Within the heart of every stray lies the singular desire to be loved

Oh and i want to get my cats paw print as well.

ACO22
Old September 2nd, 2009, 01:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Believe this or not I have no tatoos. Everyone thinks that I would be sporting them but I don't.

My sister however has 3. One on her shoulder that is a portrait of her deceased Siamese, another on her whole side, again of her cat but done like a henna, and another on her ankle of the monarch that stayed around her while she held her cat after it passed away. We were holding the cat after she died and were waiting for the crematorium to pick her up (the cat, not my sister)...

If I did get one however I would want a horse head between my shoulder blades.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 02:26 PM
Senior Contributor

I have quite a few, the only ones animal related are the daisies on my foot and around my ankle, they were for my late dog daisy
Old September 2nd, 2009, 04:24 PM
Owned by Angus & Brier

I have a few tattoos, 2 of them are animal related. I have a gecko on my shoulder and I have a japanese symbol meaning Rabbit on my stomach.
Monty: You Will Be Forever In My Heart
Old September 2nd, 2009, 05:56 PM
Molly's mama

I mentioned this in the previous thread, right around the time I was 20, I got 2 tattoos within 1 year of each other. First one is a styilized maple leaf on my ankle to show my pride and the second one is a tribal snowflake on my lower back to symbolize my love of snow, skiing, and all things winter!!
I think that's all for me!
Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:43 PM
Senior Contributor

I've got one. It's a colorful bird of paradise (the bird not the flower).

I want to get more, but these I want to either be portraits of each of my cats, or their names or something that is representative of them.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:56 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

i have 7 tattoo's in total, one unicorn, one eeyore one tigger hugging pooh, do they count as animals
Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:57 PM
-

I used to have 4 but got 2 removed by lazer. I do miss them :sad:
Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:04 PM
Now I'm Mrs. Chaser!

I have two - a butterfly and a unicorn. I got both as a teenager and didn't choose an artist wisely.....they both need to be re-worked now.

I'm planning on getting Chase's pawprint on the top of my foot (he's got pretty dainty feet, so it won't look weird), and then start getting the names of our dogs done in a nice feminine script around my ankle.

DH-to-be is planning to get a portrait done of Kailey...her gorgeous colouring will make an amazing tattoo! But we'll be cautious in finding a good tattoo artist to do it!
Kailey (Misunderstood Gentle Beauty) - GSD & foster failure #1
Rupert (Gold-Medal Winner of the 3 a.m. Kitty Destruction Olympics )

Heidi - RIP my sweet baby girl
Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:12 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

chase-mom, there is an excellent portrait artist in Brampton and one in guelph
Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:16 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase_Mom View Post

I'm planning on getting Chase's pawprint on the top of my foot
I want a pawprint too , but on top of foot ? OUCH
Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:16 PM
Now I'm Mrs. Chaser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
chase-mom, there is an excellent portrait artist in Brampton and one in guelph
Could you PM those to me aslan?

Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:20 PM
Now I'm Mrs. Chaser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
I want a pawprint too , but on top of foot ? OUCH
needles just don't bother me at all....my automatic response to pain is laughing. it's really very weird.

I have at least 3 other tattoos planned as well, but am trying to lose weight first. that's part of the reason the paw print in going on my foot - weight loss doesn't really matter there!

Frenchy - are you getting a specific dog's paw print? I don't know how well Chase will cooperate with getting his foot stamped, but I plan to try anyway!

Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:21 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

I have toyed with the idea of getting a small tattoo on my ankle for a lot of years. With my kitties I could have an ankle bracelet very quickly. However, if I ever do find the time/money to have one done at this point in my life it would probably be the breast cancer ribbon done in memory of my Mom.
Hubby really does not like tats.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:26 PM
Now I'm Mrs. Chaser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
I have toyed with the idea of getting a small tattoo on my ankle for a lot of years. With my kitties I could have an ankle bracelet very quickly. However, if I ever do find the time/money to have one done at this point in my life it would probably be the breast cancer ribbon done in memory of my Mom.
Hubby really does not like tats.
I'm sure you could make the ribbon very dainty....and it would mean a lot for you.

Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:35 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase_Mom View Post
I'm sure you could make the ribbon very dainty....and it would mean a lot for you.
I could. I have actually mentioned it to him and told him I am considering it. He knows how much I miss my mom. He also knows once I have my mind set to do something I normally do it. One of these days.....
Old September 2nd, 2009, 11:19 PM

All of mine are animal related, even if 3 are mythological

My first, because I'm a Leo:

My second...because I was drunk , and I want it covered:

My third, I just liked the flash:

My fourth, my sister drew this for me years ago, my Chinese Zodiac is a Dragon:

My fifth, I knew the artist and this was my birthday present:

and my Sixth, and last...for now :

My pet memorial tat I want to have an anklet done and add paw prints and names as the times come.
Gage 2 year old Mutt (English Mastiff/Rottweiler?
Old September 3rd, 2009, 05:47 AM
-

Chase-mom being totally lazy now..www.artaddictions.ca/ thats the one in Bramptom, the artist i've used is Matt, he is an excellent artist and very professional. Does amazing cover ups too..

The one in Guelph i'll have to get back to you, i have friends who have had portraits done by her so i'm just waiting for one of them to call me back. If I had the money i would love to get a portrait done by Kat Van D.

ok the woman in Guelphs name is Laurie...www.nighthawktattoo.com

Last edited by aslan; September 3rd, 2009 at 05:56 AM.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 06:33 AM
Senior Contributor

Ooh, I just got my very first tattoo last weekend....it's scaly right now, but once it heals, it should look pretty decent...I'll post a picture.

I wanted something to memorialize my mom and her struggle with cancer, so the artist drew up a cross (it's the same cross that was on my mom's coffin-morbid, but who cares) wrapped in a pink breast cancer ribbon with my mom's date of death on the ribbon.

Sounds wierd but apparently looks good (since I can't see it, it's on my back), but I trust dh to be honest.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 07:12 AM
Senior Contributor

The key is to find a really good artist, especially if you plan on a portrait. My brother found a fantastic guy not too far from us. He just got an amazing Batman tat a couple of months ago and the artist did an amazing job. I've seen this guys other work and plan to use him.

I love the idea of paw prints representing your pet, but how do I get a paw print of my cats? What kind of ink do you use? I don't want anything toxic obviously, because they will be trying to lick it off.

14+, I love the pink ribbon idea. I don't know why I never thought of that. I also lost my mother to breast cancer. October is breast cancer awareness month. This year is 26 years my mother has been gone. I'm going to mention it to my brother to see if maybe he would want to do this along with me.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old September 3rd, 2009, 09:35 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffian View Post
All of mine are animal related, even if 3 are mythological My fifth, I knew the artist and this was my birthday present:
Did the one near your neck, was it very painful. I wanted to get one there, also one on the inside of my arm.

ACO22
Old September 3rd, 2009, 10:16 AM
-

ACO, everyones tolerance is differant, where one might hurt on me won't hurt on you. I have one on each ankle the right ankle was pffffft, the left OMG
The one on my pelvic bone didn't hurt but my friend was in tears having hers done. one of my wifes is an armband and she said the inside of her arm didn't hurt at all.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 10:17 AM
-

AG you can get colored bristol board, wet kitties paw and push down on the board, then just trace the wet pawprint. You have one of the best tattoo places there is near you, MIAMI INK....
Old September 3rd, 2009, 10:23 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
AG you can get colored bristol board, wet kitties paw and push down on the board, then just trace the wet pawprint. You have one of the best tattoo places there is near you, MIAMI INK....
Can you imagine what Cat Von D charges for one of her tats? Yikesola!!! She's wonderful but I would imagine her prices are sky high.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 10:26 AM
-

unfortunately i think Kat is in L.A now isn't she and her prices range from $330. to $700. an hour from what i heard.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 10:32 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
unfortunately i think Kat is in L.A now isn't she and her prices range from $330. to $700. an hour from what i heard.
Ooopss, you are right. That's the guys that have the shop in Miami. I haven't watched the shows in a while.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 11:26 AM
Senior Contributor

I used to watch the show, that was based in Mami. Kat started on that show, then moved to LA and started her own show. Yes, her prices are way to pricey.

ACO22
Old September 3rd, 2009, 11:30 AM
Senior Contributor

There was a tattoo show in Montreal last year (here this week as well I believe) and I met the 2 girls from Cat's shop. They really are amazing artists and their work was spectacular.

Also I saw the old fashion way of tattoo-ing - freaked me out and looked horribly painful...oh just the thought I am am getting wheezy.....
Old September 3rd, 2009, 11:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Mrs. Schwinn keeps saying she wants to get a tattoo for either our anniversary or her birthday. I'm not a big fan of a lot, but I've thought about it. I always said if I ever get on the police force (yup, decided to give it another go), I'd get a sheriff's badge tattooed somewhere, and when I was in high school, I wanted to get the Tazmanian Devil in goalie equipment on my shoulder.

Still thinking of getting ab muscles tattooed on...so much easier than sit-ups...
Old September 3rd, 2009, 01:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwinn View Post
Still thinking of getting ab muscles tattooed on...so much easier than sit-ups...
You owe me a new monitor!