Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old August 17th, 2005, 01:41 AM

Available Dogs Boxer Rescue Ontario

Hi All

I am posting a few of the dogs That are up for adoption right now through Boxer rescue Ontario. If Interested in Any of the Dogs Go To www.boxerrescueontario.com Pics Can be seen on The Website.

TJ is a sweet young (8 months old) female Boxer mix who needs a loving home. Although you'll recognize TJ as a boxer, she definitely has something else in her. We believe she may be mixed with a German Shepherd. She is a beautiful girl with a very loving personality. She has a high guarding and herding instinct. The guarding becomes apparent when around her family and the herding VERY apparent with other dogs. She is also very competitive around food with other dogs and we're working on that. She also has a stubborn streak. Well what Boxer doesn't! TJ was mostly an outdoor dog who got little direction and routine in her young life and she is a girl who'll need a family committed to providing regular activity, socialization, and even some sort of sport such as obedience, agility or tracking. In other words, she would thrive if she had a "job" to do and she loves going for walks and being active. TJ also loves to sleep on the bed as well and is very cuddly. We are looking for a dog-experienced home without young children or other pets. We would also prefer that home be within travelling distance of Thunder Bay, Ontario as that's where TJ is currently being fostered.

If you feel you have what it takes to make TJ a permanent part of your family, please contact blmaclean@rogers.com. TJ is waiting to meet you!

Hi, I'm Tyson. My boxer-mom Indy was rescued by the nice folks here 2 years ago but when she came in ....SURPRISE!!! she was pregnant. My birthday is May 16. My mom who adopted me back then got sick so now, here I am again. Being only 2 means that I have LOTS of energy and after a long day of playing I love to snuggle and give many kisses. My foster mommy says I'm a good boy and by the looks of me maybe my father was a greyhound, since I'm big but skinny. I have lots of puppyish enthusiasm and bark at my toys. I will also bark when someone comes to the house since I need to protect everyone inside the house. I haven't met another dog yet that I haven't wanted to play with but I'm not so sure what to make of that cat next door. I am also too high energy for little 2 legged pink people but I love to play with bigger ones. I would really like to have a forever home with someone who has the time to spend with me and the patience for my terrible twos )

Tyson is neutered, micro-chipped and UTD.

Cassius is a 3-year-old brindle male. Good with other dogs, cats, kids.