Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old April 27th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Geko and Aries....

Geko is my son's bearded dragon. Geko's previous owner, thought it was ok to keep him strictly on a cricket diet. His previous owner also thought it was ok to leave him with another adult male when he was a baby, that adult male ate a couple of Geko's toes off and broke his tail. When my son took custody of Geko, he was a puny lil thing, he is still small for his age, but at least healthy now. Because he was deprived of proper diet he will never be as big as he should've been.

Wendellan~ Feline~ 10(ish)
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)
"Da-Goob"~ APBT/Dogo x (5-6ish)

"My Pitbulls are better behaved than your kids!" (my favorite bumper sticker)
Old April 27th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Senior Contributor

Airies is a handsome Pitbull Boxer X. He actually belongs to my son's roommate but my son and his wife to be are pretty much his caretakers and have been since the roommate got him. Apparently the guy got Airies cuz he had a crush on the backyard breeder and he thought buying one of her pups might get him ...uhhhh....nookie.
My son and his fiance, have trained him, taken care of him and loved him, so I consider him their dog....

Theedee~Feline~10(ish)

Old April 27th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Kitty pimp

Apparently the guy got Airies cuz he had a crush on the backyard breeder and he thought buying one of her pups might get him ...uhhhh....nookie.

well desperation does strange things

so did he get any?
Old April 27th, 2010, 11:25 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Trust a guy to ask that question, Jim!

Geko is a handsome lizard, LMPG! Can't tell that's small for his age from the pics. Did his toes grow back?

Aries is definitely a dignified and good-looking guy! So do you think when it's time for your son to part company with his roomie, said roomie will let him have Aries?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 27th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hall View Post
Apparently the guy got Airies cuz he had a crush on the backyard breeder and he thought buying one of her pups might get him ...uhhhh....nookie.

well desperation does strange things

so did he get any?
LMAO...nope, he paid her a visit one evening unannounced, showed up with a bottle of champagne and tried to make a move, she told him to get out and not to contact her again unless it had to do with the puppy.
He paid 600 dollars for his dog, and spends maybe 2 hours a week paying attention to him, Airies can't compete with the XBox and PS3 his owner has.
My son has no intention of letting him take Airies when he decides to move out, he is planning on offering him the 600 dollars he spent on the dog, and knowing this guy he'll take the cash, Airies means nothing to him.
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)

Old April 27th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Trust a guy to ask that question, Jim!

Geko is a handsome lizard, LMPG! Can't tell that's small for his age from the pics. Did his toes grow back?

Aries is definitely a dignified and good-looking guy! So do you think when it's time for your son to part company with his roomie, said roomie will let him have Aries?
No Hazel, his lil toes didn't grow back. And he has a crook at the end of his tail where it was broken. Geko, is a very sociable dragon, he loves being held.
My son has no intention of letting Airies go, he'll do whatever it takes to keep him....even if it comes down to using some intimidation tactics...he know's letting Airies go will mean a miserable existence for him and he won't let it happen.
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)

Old April 27th, 2010, 11:31 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

his roomie won't give him any arguments!

Too bad about Geko's injuries. He sounds pretty well-adjusted now...if sociability is well-adjusted bearded dragon trait, anyway.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 28th, 2010, 04:54 AM
-

Nifty ~ I Geko. How big is he LMPG?

Airies looks like he's having his portrait taken for the next $50 bill! Ever so dignified.
Old April 28th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Senior Contributor

thats a nice looking dragon, my sister raises them and right now has a few dozen eggs in the incubator, they are so social!!! she has a fire red one, a yellow, one plain and I forget the other females coloring.
That is one beautiful boxer!!! I hope your son and gf keep all receipts for food etc and have pics of them exercising him, training him so they'll have proof in case r/m doesn't agree to let him go.
Old April 28th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummummum View Post
Nifty ~ I Geko. How big is he LMPG?

Airies looks like he's having his portrait taken for the next $50 bill! Ever so dignified.
Geko is smaller than most I've seen. But he's grown a lot since my son has taken him. He gets his special salad everyday, and "super worms" as I call them, mealworms. And his Crickets for snacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
thats a nice looking dragon, my sister raises them and right now has a few dozen eggs in the incubator, they are so social!!! she has a fire red one, a yellow, one plain and I forget the other females coloring.
That is one beautiful boxer!!! I hope your son and gf keep all receipts for food etc and have pics of them exercising him, training him so they'll have proof in case r/m doesn't agree to let him go.
I don't believe the roomie will have an issue leaving Aries behind, it's really tough finding rentals that allow pets these days, and the dog cramps his style so I doubt he'll even put up a fight.
If he does, I'm sure my son will come up with something.
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)

Old April 28th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Very nice pics. Love the gecko! As for Aries, good on your son, I hope he gets no arguments whatsoever. Aries is gorgeous.