Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old July 28th, 2010, 08:27 PM

3 cats need help!

Hi all,

I have a bit of a problem!

I have 1 male cat 7 years & old neutered. I recently married a cat owner with 1 male & 1 female (around the same age- also neutered) His male cat is very over protective of me. He is jealous when I give attention to the other cats- especially my male. He is my "guard dog" and follows me every where I go.

My husbands male cat is beating on my male cat for 4 months. I have taken my cat to the vet for scratches- no stitches, just antibiotics were given. I purchased the plug in feliway, did not help. I did the clapping/loud noise when he is misbehaving & tried to squirt him with a water bottle. He even lost 5 pounds. The vet advised I have to keep them separated. I am expecting a baby in September & keeping them separated at this time is possible, but not for long. Neither one of us are budging on giving the cats up for adoption.

My cat has an enlarged heart & heart murmur. I am stressing this situation! We discussed declawing but I really dont want to do that to the cats! And pet behavior therapist, but they are way above of our budget!

I need help!!! Please!!!
Old July 28th, 2010, 09:45 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Please do not declaw. This will lead to a whole host of other issues such as biting and spraying. You don't want that.
May I suggest a couple of sites for you. http://www.squidoo.com/multi-cat-management and www.messybeasts.com are both excellent sites for giving suggestions on how to manage multi cat homes. Hopefully if you separate them now and start introductions over again by the time the baby comes you will have a peaceful household.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old July 29th, 2010, 06:06 PM

Thank you 14+. Hopefully this will help!