Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old December 20th, 2010, 06:16 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all! Thank you very much to everyone who sent me cards. Once again I procrastinated too long to reciprocate. The ones I received will be treasured as always. Please know I return the messages back to you all.
2010 has not been a great year. For a lot of us. For me personally losing Brownie and just recently Demi so unexpectedly; Bennie being so sick and now facing the impending lose of both pups to old age and poor health........ it's been too much. One of the things that kept me going was coming here and sharing with you all. I appreciate all of the support I have gotten from everyone. And now to top it off I am meeting my future daughter in law for the first time here on Christmas day and not one thing is done. The tree is up, not decorated. I finally managed to do some baking today but not near enough. I hope to get to some wrapping tonight. At least the gifts are all bought. It's been a little stressful. Too bad I don't drink. Could use a few stiff shots.

Anyway .......

I hope you all get what you want and deserve.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; December 20th, 2010 at 08:29 PM.
Old December 20th, 2010, 06:24 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 14+. I hope the end of this year brings you a fabulous new and happy beginning.
Old December 20th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Senior Contributor

Merry Xmas and good wishes in the coming year. To bad you are not closer I could have come and help you decorate.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old December 20th, 2010, 08:33 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Thanks ladies. And ML - thanks for the offer. I have the tree half decorated now and a few other decorations up. A few gifts wrapped. I will try to finish the wrapping tonight and get that much out of the way. Then tomorrow I can spend baking and finishing the tree. The rest of the week I work. Somewhere in there I have to steam clean the livingroom rug to try to get rid of some unattractive smells. Yep, life is fun.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 21st, 2010, 07:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Thanks ladies. And ML - thanks for the offer. Somewhere in there I have to steam clean the livingroom rug to try to get rid of some unattractive smells. Yep, life is fun.

...and that MF is what turns a house into a home....the smell of furkids...I've always told my friends that my house smells something between my dirty three kids and my furballs....and every once in a while...some baking!!!
Old December 21st, 2010, 07:59 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Merry Christmas, 14+ .

Life is not about having a clean home and having a nice Christmas tree, it is about giving what you can to help others in need, including animals, and you have given more that your share.

I hope 2011 will be a better year for you as well as everybody else here on pets

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old December 21st, 2010, 11:18 AM
-

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO MY FRIEND.......

I like you procrastinated about cards and they are still in the box .....I'm working on it though
Old December 21st, 2010, 11:19 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Merry Christmas, 14+ .

Life is not about having a clean home and having a nice Christmas tree, it is about giving what you can to help others in need, including animals, and you have given more that your share.

I hope 2011 will be a better year for you as well as everybody else here on pets
I couldn't agree more. And most years it wouldn't bother me a bit. However, this year I would like to sort of make a good impression on the future daughter in law. It's our first time meeting. THAT shock will be bad enough on the poor girl. Don't want to give her the shock of a dirty house too.
Stress is slowly abating. I got most of the wrapping done last night, a bit of baking done yesterday, and part of the tree done. 'Course every time I get some new decorations on it Dart figures I put them there for his enjoyment. They normally end up on the floor so then it's - take Dart out of the tree, pick up the decorations he knocked off the tree, put them back on the tree, turn around to have a drink of caffeine, repeat. Gotta love it!!!

Old December 21st, 2010, 11:22 AM
-

Quote:

'Course every time I get some new decorations on it Dart figures I put them there for his enjoyment. They normally end up on the floor so then it's - take Dart out of the tree, pick up the decorations he knocked off the tree, put them back on the tree, turn around to have a drink of caffeine, repeat. Gotta love it!!!
PICTURES
Old December 21st, 2010, 11:25 AM
Senior Contributor

14+ it doesn't matter to your family what the house looks like (or smells like). It's not about the tree, or the baking, it's about the people. And you are tops when it comes to "people" my friend. You'll have a great time meeting the future daughter in law, and you can give her a quiz at the end of the visit over all the kitty names No pressure there huh! It's very stressful for you I'm sure, and working right to the end won't help. But you know what, take a big deep breath in and blow it out and say "it is what it is". That's what I'm doing this year. I haven't finished my shopping yet, but oh well. You relax and have a great and wonderful Christmas my friend. I'll be talking to you!
Old December 21st, 2010, 11:26 AM
Doggie Wench

Well, you're way ahead of me, 14+. Still haven't shopped for gifts yet, only decorations up are Christmas cards, and baking?...what's that ??

Merry Christmas and nothing but the best in the new year for you and your loved ones .
Old December 21st, 2010, 11:29 AM
Senior Contributor

Ah Dart - the Christmas devil! I gave up on tree's once there were no kids around the house at all. It was just too hard with dog tails whacking things all over the place. Future daughter in law's gonna love you by the way.
Old December 21st, 2010, 11:33 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
PICTURES
I'm trying!! He moves too bloody fast!!! He knows he's not supposed to be in the tree so he does his level best to get out of the tree. So far he has managed to not knock it over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
14+ it doesn't matter to your family what the house looks like (or smells like). It's not about the tree, or the baking, it's about the people. And you are tops when it comes to "people" my friend. You'll have a great time meeting the future daughter in law, and you can give her a quiz at the end of the visit over all the kitty names No pressure there huh! It's very stressful for you I'm sure, and working right to the end won't help. But you know what, take a big deep breath in and blow it out and say "it is what it is". That's what I'm doing this year. I haven't finished my shopping yet, but oh well. You relax and have a great and wonderful Christmas my friend. I'll be talking to you!
Thank you! Point taken.

Old December 21st, 2010, 11:37 AM
-

Quote:

I'm trying!! He moves too bloody fast!!! He knows he's not supposed to be in the tree so he does his level best to get out of the tree. So far he has managed to not knock it over.
Excuses, excuses
Old December 21st, 2010, 11:47 AM
Senior Contributor

14+K you have been such an inspiration for me personally. I know it has been a difficult year for so many, but in the same note there have been some wonderful triumps throughout the year as well. I guess we are given whatever we can handle and for what we cannot we share with others to ease our pains and sorrows.

I truly wish you the very best this New Year. I wish all your animals great health. I wish you strength to keep doing what you do...and I don't know how you do it.

Luv ya 14+K. I think of you often and very fondly.
Old December 21st, 2010, 11:52 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Excuses, excuses
No really!! I got the camera out to try to take some and all I got is blurs. Could post them but they don't show much besides a streak of white and grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
14+K you have been such an inspiration for me personally. I know it has been a difficult year for so many, but in the same note there have been some wonderful triumps throughout the year as well. I guess we are given whatever we can handle and for what we cannot we share with others to ease our pains and sorrows.

I truly wish you the very best this New Year. I wish all your animals great health. I wish you strength to keep doing what you do...and I don't know how you do it.

Luv ya 14+K. I think of you often and very fondly.
Yep, and it's time I get out of the blue funk and start doing - as I normally do. Thank you for those wonderful words. I don't know how you do it. My job is easy compared to yours.
Love you back mf.

And now - no more procrastinating!!!! Gotta get back to work!!!

Old December 21st, 2010, 12:55 PM
~Cat Servent~

Aw no worries mf, I too have not done cards this year....too busy workin! Plus most people throw them out with the wrapping paper anyhow!!! Your future DIL is gonna love you just like we all do!!! Plus she's gonna love every single one of those precious little kitties that you work so hard to care for and love every day, that without you would most likely be having a very cold lonely christmas this year or worse! If she doesn't respect what you do...and love you for it....you warn that boy to run cause she clearly would be missing a heart!!!

Merry Christmas to you and John and the kids and the kitties and Sam and Keesha!!!! Hope you have a great Holiday season if I don't make it over your way!

(and as for my Sammy and Keesha....did I miss something???? Did John take Sammy to the vet????)

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old December 21st, 2010, 02:21 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

lol,,,what do you mean it's not about the baking... I too this year didn't manage to get cards out but then again i was away,,,so here's an idea....If i have sent you a card in the past then you know i would have this time too if i'd had time,,if i've called you friend then the same goes,,,,Merry Xmas to everyone...now back to the baking..
Old December 21st, 2010, 02:52 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
lol,,,what do you mean it's not about the baking... I too this year didn't manage to get cards out but then again i was away,,,so here's an idea....If i have sent you a card in the past then you know i would have this time too if i'd had time,,if i've called you friend then the same goes,,,,Merry Xmas to everyone...now back to the baking..
Add me to the list of folks that didn't get any cards sent out this year .....my mind is too just pre-occupied at the moment with Chase. Too bad they didn't make happy new year cards as I'd have more luck getting those out.

14+, sending lots of for your old boys. I hope you get everything you want and deserve as well and may 2011 be a much better year for you.
Old December 21st, 2010, 11:46 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
(and as for my Sammy and Keesha....did I miss something???? Did John take Sammy to the vet????)
Sammy is on Estrogen for her incontinence. It's doing a good job as long as she moves to go outside for pees. But her back end is going. She slipped on the ice outside the other day when she went to say hi to the neighbour. She screamed! She couldn't get back up without my help to lift her. Poor baby. It terrified me that she is so bad. She is one glucosimine. I guess a pain killer is next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Add me to the list of folks that didn't get any cards sent out this year .....my mind is too just pre-occupied at the moment with Chase. Too bad they didn't make happy new year cards as I'd have more luck getting those out.

Ummm, hate to tell you but I'm pretty sure they do New Years cards now.

14+, sending lots of for your old boys.
Thank you rainbow. I won't tell the girls you called them boys though. My fault. I don't post enough pics of them.

Old December 22nd, 2010, 12:01 AM
150% PRO S/N

So far I have made two batches of shortbread, one huge batch of gingersnaps (my daughter's fav), three batches of butter tarts, my stepsons' favourite peanut butter nanimo bars, and my son in laws' favourite coconut macaroons. I still need to make a few pies (Fri afternoon) and date squares. I think that should just about do it.

Stress level has gone down a lot now that I have that out of the way. The tree still isn't finished being decorated but oh well. It'll get there. I spoke to my daughter for an hour tonight. She said they could help decorate it on Christmas Day. Just in time for me to take it down again. Only have to finish wrapping my oldest sons' gifts and that's done.

Oh and the future DIL - is allergic to cats.

Old December 22nd, 2010, 12:19 AM
~Cat Servent~

ya and? so am I....

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old December 22nd, 2010, 01:44 PM
~Cat Servent~

Give Sammy a great big hug for me... ice can be nasty at any age... I think that just means she needs to be one of the house kitties now!

Old December 22nd, 2010, 01:47 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
Give Sammy a great big hug for me... ice can be nasty at any age... I think that just means she needs to be one of the house kitties now!
She is in the house most of the time now. But she still insists when I go out to feed the kitties she has to come too. When she is out for a pee she doesn't go too far afield but when she comes out with me she wanders.

I have a feeling my oldest son is going to be sharing his air mattress with her Christmas Eve.

Old December 22nd, 2010, 01:57 PM
~Cat Servent~

aw lucky guy!

Old December 22nd, 2010, 01:59 PM
-

Quote:

Ummm, hate to tell you but I'm pretty sure they do New Years cards now.

Seriously? .....do they come in boxes like the xmas cards? ....otherwise I could never afford to buy just singles ones.

Thank you rainbow. I won't tell the girls you called them boys though. My fault. I don't post enough pics of them.
LOL ....my apologies but you're right about the pics HINT HINT

Sorry to hear about Sammy .....it's so sad to see them get old.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 02:13 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
LOL ....my apologies but you're right about the pics HINT HINT

Sorry to hear about Sammy .....it's so sad to see them get old.
Yeah yeah, I'll try to get some over the holidays. Right now I have to get ready for work. I'll see if Sammy will consent to a Santa hat or not.
Keesha is 16, blind as a bat and going deaf. She can still feel vibrations though so she knows when someone is close. Her sleep patterns are messed up. I take her to bed when I go up and she then spends half the night restless and keeping me up. She is totally incontinent. Meds didn't help. So she wears a baby diaper all the time. That way I am not spot cleaning the carpet 10 times a day. She looks kind of cute with her little sweater and diaper on.

Old December 22nd, 2010, 04:34 PM

A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you also 14+kitties and to all Pet Talkers.

May the New Year bring you nothing but Joy, Laughter and Good Health.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 04:53 PM
Senior Contributor

14+, I hope Sammy is doing a bit better. As you know, with Shadow the pain meds made a huge difference. I'd go for it. Poor sweet Keesha - diapers! I don't know how my hubby would feel about the dogs wearing diapers to be honest. You're right though, it's so hard to watch them age - every day counts as an extra blessing.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 05:08 PM
Senior Contributor

14+, I wish you the Merriest Christmas and Happy New Year. I hope 2011, is a much better year for you and yours. You are a very special person 14+, and you deserve much happiness.
Hugs~
Catie....aka...LMPG
Wendellan~ Feline~ 10(ish)
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)
"Da-Goob"~ APBT/Dogo x (5-6ish)

"My Pitbulls are better behaved than your kids!" (my favorite bumper sticker)