Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Crafts

Old July 11th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

Tons of Pics!!

I have tons and tons of old pics that I don't know what to do with. I know there's scrapbooking but not really into it. There's sooo many and for a family that doesn't take many pics, don't know what happened!!

Anything else I could do with them? There are some that no one has any clue as to where they were taken etc.
Old July 11th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

You could put them together and make a video?

You could print some special ones and scrapbook?

You could have some reprinted and made into a canvas piece of art? (costco does this)

OR

You could post then all here for our viewing pleasure!! especially if you have one of Nino and Bobee screaming at one another! oh and we cant forget Noella!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old July 11th, 2011, 03:18 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I have a number of old family pics that I didn't know what to do with. So I just bought a regular old album made of archival materials and store them there. I used to take it to family functions and we managed to identify quite a few of 'unknowns' just by letting family page through it. Not real creative, but at least they're not sitting hidden in a box somewhere.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 11th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

I like the make them into a big canvas idea. Most are travel pics. I found some old pics of my Mom and her family taken way back in the early 40's! Really neat to see. Lots of farm pics, her Dad had really good looking horses, even though they were just farm horses. He used to be in the Russian Cavalry so his horses were very important to him. I think I'll try scanning them and saving them just in case.
Old October 15th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Unofficial Zookeeper

I know you said , no scrapbooking. but you dont have to exactly scrapbook per say. You could just do "albulms".
I had a load of pics one time..and what I did with them was start with ONE PERSON, and do like a biography of pictures . from the earliest..to the latest.
Then I'd start with the next person..and do the same. If i had group pics, I did copies and placed it in each albulm of the person in it.
Before you know it ..you have extremely "unique and personal " christmas presents that people will come to pass around to thier kids, and thier kids , kids..and just think ONE DAY..your great great great something or another will be looking at something you created with your own two hands.

I know someone that also had SO MANY baby pictures of her first and second born, she had them scanned (dont know where) and made into a Quilt. ...her oldest daughter just had a baby..and that quilt is hangin over her bed. Now grandma is working on the baby's Quilt.
Old October 15th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Unofficial Zookeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattymac View Post
I like the make them into a big canvas idea. Most are travel pics. I found some old pics of my Mom and her family taken way back in the early 40's! Really neat to see. Lots of farm pics, her Dad had really good looking horses, even though they were just farm horses. He used to be in the Russian Cavalry so his horses were very important to him. I think I'll try scanning them and saving them just in case.

Maybe just an albulm of "horses" for your mom, I'm sure it will bring back lovely memories of her childhood.
Old February 16th, 2014, 05:03 PM

When my parents died I got all the old pictures from the 30's and forward.So I made slide shows with them and added music of the era to each one as I broke it down to 4 different ones of significant periods in our family,then I made a tribute one for my Mom and One for dad of their lives put to music and then made copies and gave them out to family members,they all love it.
Old August 5th, 2016, 03:21 PM

Could you scan them into a PDF or JPEG or something and put them in one of those electronic photo frames?

Last edited by hazelrunpack; August 5th, 2016 at 08:23 PM. Reason: No promotional links, pls