Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old July 15th, 2008, 03:33 AM

lost cat - Richmond, BC

Dear all,
we lost our cat two days ago at 7180 Lindsay rd. Richmond, BC (V7C3M6). His name is Vicky, a two year old gray long hair cat. He wears a blue collar with a small bell on.
If any one sees or finds it some where please, please contact with us as soon as possible at 7783785018 or e-mail: welovevicky2006@hotmail.com
We are really apprecaited all your kindness and patience. Thank you for your time.
Here is the link of the picture:
http://cid-5dcfc34807b456a2.spaces.l...807B456A2!108/
Old July 15th, 2008, 10:48 PM

Have you been contacting all the area SPCA shelters, put up posters w/a pic all around the area? Call & visit the shelters every couple of days is best since they get so many animals in, they might miss your call.

Place a cat bed or blanket that Vicky regularly sleeps on out on your deck, or a slept in t-shirt to give her the scent to find her way home.

Late evening & very early morning are the best times to look for cats that may be hiding & scared.

If Vicky has a special treat she likes be sure to bring that with you or rattle a spoon on the food can or dinner dish.

for finding Vicky

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old July 16th, 2008, 01:35 PM

Thank you for your suggestion. I already posted several "CAT Lost" with his photo on around the area we are current living. I looked around and called his name everyday morning. and I also left some of his foods next to our apartment and the small park near to our apartment. However, there was still no sign.
I plan to enlarge and broad the area i will look for. helpfully, this may work.
Thank you again.
Old July 16th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Senior Contributor

You must go out looking when it's dark, that's when cats come out to eat, play, fight, and whatever else stray cats get up to. With less people and cars around, they feel more secure. Also, cats are naturally nocturnal (although we try to train them otherwise ).
Walk around your neighbourhood in ever-widening circles, calling, and then listening, in case he calls back. Carry some food with you.
Check backyards, ask your neighbours to look in their sheds and garages, in case he is trapped somewhere.
Time is of the essence. He may be close by right now but tomorrow he could be chased or lured two blocks over, and so on. The further he goes, the more lost he will be.
Good luck
Old July 18th, 2008, 12:30 PM

it is the seventh day that we lost Vicky. I tried all areas surrounded us; however, i still did not find any clue...