Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Cat food forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 11th, 2012, 08:25 AM

At my wits end with cat food, need advice

Hi,

I have 1 sickly finicky eater and 1 larger cat who will eat mostly everything but really needs to gain some weight.

I'm on a bit of a tight budget at the minute and am trying to feed my cats good food that will stop my females vomiting and put weight on my male cat while keeping in my budget (their food budget each month is higher than mine, if i had more money for food i would spend it)

My feeding schedule:

AM, mischa (sickly cat) gets half a tin of premium food, something like natures instinct or similar mixed in with pumpkin baby food to keep her from getting constipated. Spencer (skinny) get 1 whole tin of fancy feast, i know, but i was having trouble affording enough of the premium food for both of them. So he gets the whole tin plus a side helping of natures instinct dry food.

PM Again mischa get the other half of her tin and spencer gets another whole tin of fancy feast. I usually wait until later in the evening to give him his helping of dry food since he tends to leave it at dinner time and then mischa sometimes steals some. So i wait and he usually gets a small helping around 8pm.

I am willing to change my feeding schedule/what i feed. I'm going to talk to the vet about it on monday when i take spencer for his diarrhea, but any advice about what i should be feeding, the best way to get weight on this cat.

I have no clue how cats get as fat as they do, mine have never been over weight. My friend has 2 and her's are huge!