Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits

Old April 19th, 2006, 01:31 PM

Moving to another forum

Last edited by slnsap; April 20th, 2006 at 09:55 AM.
Old April 19th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Senior Contributor

congrats on the pup & welcome to the board. I'm not in Canada, so I don't know of any off leash parks, but I just wanted to give you a word of caution... an off leash park isn't a great idea for a puppy. Please be sure your pup has all his vaccinations, and keep him on leash if you need to bring him to a park. There are many risks to a pup at any park.

personally, I wouldn't bring a puppy to a dog park. The best idea is to socialize at home, with people & animals you KNOW, and enroll in puppy classes for both socialization and training.

as for someone to watch your dog while you're away, you may want to try to arrange for a friend/family member to stay at your place w/ the pup, or have the pup stay at their place. since your dog is a puppy, he'll need constant supervision, multiple meals a day, MANY trips outside to do his business, playtime, snuggle time, etc...

btw, how old are these pups?

post pics of your little one if you got any!
Old April 19th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Rottie owner and lover

I would not reccomend getting 2 puppies at once, they need to bond with you, not eachother. Also if they are the same sex, once the reach maturity neutered or not, there could be one hell of a battle, and possible seperation for the rest of their lives. If this is a COE breeder, she would not allow you to adopt 2 unless in it just for the money. She would rather wait for the right home. Think long and hard about it..... They are for life. Not fair for them if they have to be seperated, or rehomed.
Look for a great trainer. They will have reccomendations on house sitters. or even your vet
Old April 19th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Senior Contributor

I know you said you didn't want to kennel, and this might be a little outta your way -- since they are located in St-Agnes-de Dundee in Québec. But if I had no where to put my dogs while on vacation, these are the only people I would trust!!

http://www.portovilladogs.com/boarding.cfm

They are co-founders of Boxer Rescue Québec, so a portion of their profits go to the rescue. Plus they are animal behaviorists and trainers. They are just a fantastic couple, and their boarders get as much of a vacation as their owners!! they offer nature walks, pet massage...etc. It's like a spa for dogs!!

Deep thought, by Jack Handey : "I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me."
Old April 19th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

I'm afraid to ask this question but where did you get the bulldog puppy from?

Also, how old? Pups are high risk for boarding depending on age so you have to be mighty careful where you put one or two.. without all vaccinations under their belt you run the risk of stress inducing parvo no matter the facility.
Old April 20th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Also if they are the same sex, once the reach maturity neutered or not, there could be one hell of a battle, and possible seperation for the rest of their lives. If this is a COE breeder, she would not allow you to adopt 2 unless in it just for the money. She would rather wait for the right home. Think long and hard about it..... They are for life.
Amen.

Two male bulldogs? I wish you luck. Also, since this is obviously not a good breeder, take into consideration that both dogs could possibly have a lot of health problems as they get older.