Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Foster talk - Rescue talk - NO listings please

Old April 16th, 2006, 10:25 PM

Foster head count everyone .

So who is in your care right now ?
We are currently fostering 2 dogs . Little Jasper a blind one eyed deaf dog.Annie the poor sweet old doggie who is having troubles walking .Annie is a Husky Coli cross.
Thomas an elderly kitty with renal failure and two tiny baby bunnys.
Is my house full your thinking ?? why yes .7 dogs counting my own mutts ,,,been a busy house hold to say the least

Last edited by Foster2Many; April 16th, 2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old April 17th, 2006, 07:31 PM
-

7 dogs!!!!Busy vacuum cleaner!I hadn't foster for 2 weeks now,needed the "time off" for my oldest golden Daisy (10 yr old) who was operated last week for a tumour (anal gland cancer) it was big as an orange,poor girl.Since I have 3 goldens of my own,I didn't want to have any foster while she recovers.I had to "transfer" the latest foster to another foster family,he is a beautiful golden,8 yr old and epileptic but you would never guess!Do you foster full time?I mean I work 40 hours a week and live alone,I wouldn't have the courage and energy to have 7 dogs in the house!4 is my limit!If I win the lotto,you bet that I would have a full house,maybe one day!You are doing a wonderful job taking care of all those doggies,they must think they're in heaven!
Old April 17th, 2006, 08:00 PM

I'm back down to one foster dog again, after my little boarder collie was adopted out a few wks ago .....now it's just Molly, the deaf catahoula leopard and my boys (3 sun-lovin', sucky mid-aged cats)

Foster2Many - 7 dogs!?! You'll need to add 'fur bunnies' to your list too But seriously....fantastic job!! Especially if you're able to manage multiple animals with health issues.....

C.
Old April 17th, 2006, 08:44 PM

Wow, seven dogs, good for you! Right now I am fostering Havana, my momma kitty, and her two week old babies- Fudge, Pez, Peep, Bunny and Bean. I am also fostering Bobbie, a very sick older cat who gets my downstairs foster room, and Katharina my semi-feral, although she hardly counts seeing as how she's now been with me a full year and is not likely going anywhere anytime soon (okay, she's not likely going anywhere at all...ever ).

My husband and I are talking about starting to foster dogs next spring when we move into our house...i'm scared it will be harder than fostering cats, though, in terms of the emotional attachment. For some reason i'm sure i will get more attached to my foster dogs than the cats (which is bad enough as it is!) . What do you guys think? Those that foster both cats and dogs, would you say both are equally difficult to let go once they are adopted or do you think there are any differences?
Old April 17th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Senior Contributor

7 dogs!!! holy cow good for you!

Right now we have Kaiser a 8 yr old GSD, he is going to his new home this sunday and the following weekend we are getting one of our previous fosters Reilly back into foster care. His adopters can no longer care for him so sadly he is coming back into rescue:sad:
Old April 18th, 2006, 11:34 AM
-

Change of plans,I'm getting my epileptic boy back next week.It will be very hard,he will not get adopted quickly because of the epi thing and the fact that he is 8 yr old,so that means I will get attached to him.....last time this happend (older dog not getting adopted) I ended up adopting the dog myself!
Old April 18th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Rottie owner and lover

I fostered a 4 1/2 week old akita, 3 month old gs/rott, a 1 1/2 yr old rott mix rodesian, a boxer mix pitt, a yorkie, a greyhound mix..... I have fostered 6 dogs, and no cats.....I adopted 2 from shelters.
I wish I had my townhouse back so I could foster again.