Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 1st, 2004, 02:52 PM
Senior Contributor

Gracie needs adoption!

(please help this sweetie)
Available at the NASAP:

Hi everybody, my name is Gracie!! I am what is called a lurcher. I know most of you don't know what that is, but it is very easy to explain. Any dog that is the result of a cross between a "sight hound" (Greyhound, Whippet etc.) and a working breed (in my case everyone seems to think I am a Whippet/Lab cross) is referred to as a lurcher, and what it really means is that I am both fast, and intelligent!! (and my foster dad says really pretty and maybe even too smart, but I think he is exaggerating) I am approx. 1 1/2 years old but really don't have too many " puppy" characteristics left. I seem to be quite hand shy, and I will run and hide if he raises his voice, even if it is towards one of the other dogs that lives here. I am really trying to get used to things around here but one thing I have a problem with is the whole kennel thing. I don't like it much and I tend to whine a lot when I am in it, but my foster dad says that I will eventually get used to it, it's just a matter of time. He actually doesn't kennel me at all anymore because he says I am so well behaved when left alone, and well toilet trained (whatever that means?) I get along great with the other dogs here, (only one will play with me but the one that won't is a bit older so I kinda understand) and respond fairly well to most common commands, I just need to work a bit more on consistency, and get over the being scared thing!! Right now I weigh about 55-65 lbs. but I am a bit underweight, so I will probably level off around 75 lbs. I am looking to find my forever home (best without cats), where I will be appreciated for my unique heritage, and be given the opportunity to trust and love without being scared, is that your house? (04-341-D)
Attached Images