Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old July 23rd, 2009, 08:53 PM

Cat found in Cambridge, ON

I found a cat in our neighbour's shed yesterday on Pine Street in Preston (Cambridge). She is not declawed (and I think it's a girl). She is very friendly and loves being pet and snuggled. If she is yours, please call me at 519-212-6200. She really misses her home!!!
Attached Images

Old July 23rd, 2009, 09:34 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Thank you for helping this sweetie. Did you put found posters up around your area; take her to the HS to see if she is microchipped; or phone your HS or SPCA to see if anyone has phoned in a missing tabby?
Old July 24th, 2009, 06:48 AM

We have posters made, and they will be up soon. When I called the HS the woman who answered was not helpful at all or even slightly pleasant. I haven't taken the kitty there, but I did post on the Lost and Found part of their website.
Old July 24th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Senior Contributor

What a sweet little girl,thank you very much for helping her
She looks to be quiet healthy and cared for,but photos can be decieving.
Hopefully you don't have to give her to HS
Old July 24th, 2009, 09:44 AM

She is so cute ! Hope she finds her people soon
Thanks for caring for her in the meantime !
Old July 25th, 2009, 09:06 AM

I won't take her to the HS. We're going to find out today if she has a microchip, but I have a feeling she doesn't. She is actually very healthy looking and clean. She's litter box trained too, ans has had no accidents. She's been a pleasure to take care of. I would love to keep her if we don't find the owner, but my own kitty is rather hostile towards other felines LOL. I will find her a good home though.
Old July 25th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Senior Contributor

The hostility between 2 cats can be managed,with a slow introduction,several people here have done it and could give you tips.
Is your cat male or female??
But of course we hope you'll find her owner first
Old July 25th, 2009, 07:42 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

If you can't find her owner you could try doing a slow intro to your kitty. It may take a while but it would be worth it in the end to know you saved this kitty's life.

Great site to check out.....

http://www.squidoo.com/multi-cat-management

Also, rubbing baby powder between your hands and then petting both kitties sometimes helps. Or a little vanilla under their chins. Something that makes them smell the same. Little tricks like that usually help. I have intro'd a few kitties in my days. Most can be united eventually. I will admit I have a couple who would probably do well in a one pet household.
Old July 26th, 2009, 07:49 AM

That's worth a try for sure. We spent 8 months once before with a roommate trying to intoduce the cats to each other, and it didn't work, but those are some different ideas. I'll try those. If not, I'm going to try to find her a permanent home. Thanks for the help!
Old July 26th, 2009, 02:59 PM
150% PRO S/N

How could you not fall for that face!! You just want to take her and squish her!!
Old July 26th, 2009, 03:51 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

She is very pretty

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 26th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Senior Contributor

I agree,she is very pretty,very sweet little face
Old July 26th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Senior Contributor

The colour of the cat is one of my favorites. She is beautiful. I still think you should call..again Cambridge Humane Society and fill out a found cat report and I would even bring in a picture of the cat and have them attach it to it's found report.

Just because someone was rude, doesn't mean that it should stop from finding the owner, by filling out a found report. It shouldn't be a personal issue,brush your anger aside for a minute and do what is best for the animal. Since she is so well taken care of, healthy and good body condition, I think it is safe too say that someone is missing her. Good luck.

ACO22
Old July 26th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Great site to check out.....

http://www.squidoo.com/multi-cat-management

Also, rubbing baby powder between your hands and then petting both kitties sometimes helps. Or a little vanilla under their chins. Something that makes them smell the same. Little tricks like that usually help. I have intro'd a few kitties in my days. Most can be united eventually. I will admit I have a couple who would probably do well in a one pet household.

Thanks for this. I have a girl who taken in a stray, is trying to introduce the cat to her own cat. Now that she has been vet checked, etc. I gave her a few suggestions, but I am sure that this site will give me more. I really want it too work out. I have worked with her for about 2 months, with this cat. It started from watching from a distance, then too having her being able to pick the stray up. She hopes it works out as well. She has grown quite attached too her.

She as well fill out a found cat report with us. Just in case someone was missing this cat.

ACO22
Old July 27th, 2009, 12:04 PM

I did file a report with the Humane Society on line in their Lost and found section and at the site. We took her in to get scanned for a microchip. She doesn't have one. The Humane Society have received no reports of a missing cat with her description either. THe woman at the pound (where she was scanned for her chip) was very nice, but seemed to think that by now someone should have asked about her. We also spent seven hours putting posters up everywhere and have been to multiple local vet offices to post flyers and see if they recognized her as she is a beautiful cat with unique colouring. I have her posted on here, kijiji, and facebook. I'm quickly running out of other ideas on how to find her owner.
Old July 27th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmillion View Post
kijiji, and facebook.
Looks like you have done everything right. But just be careful on Kijiji and Facebook with people saying they are the "right" owners. Differently ask for pictures that they have.

ACO22
Old July 27th, 2009, 09:24 PM

Thanks for the recommendations. I will definitely keep those in mind. Unfortunately no one has replied to them anyway. I'm unsure of how long to hang on to her before I look for a home for her. Thoughts???