Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old April 29th, 2006, 04:03 PM

Hello from the Pacific Northwest

I have a love for all animals especially horses, dogs and cats. Hope you all are well and that your fuzzy buddies are too!
Old April 29th, 2006, 06:39 PM

Welcome! This is a great site and one you'll find lots of information for all creatures, big and small! I've got an almost 12 year old chow chow/pit bull mix dog with a few health issues that are now getting better. I got a lot of good advice here. I'm from Washington - where in the great Pacific Northwest are you located? Hope we get a chance to visit sometime!
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:33 PM

Hi Mooie

Thanks for your note and your welcome! I live in Arlington, WA. How about you? I used to have 3 Welsh Corgi's. The last one died a year ago last October. I"m still mourning...they were like my children. I looked at puppies about 2 months ago but I just can't go there yet. I am so glad that you enjoy this site and get lot's of information from it and that your best buddy is doing/getting better! Thanks again for your welcome!
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Welcome...and before long we will bug you for pictures
I have female Lab, Winnie, and 5 cats, Chrunchie, Nicki, Tess and my 2 foster, Chelsea and Kirby
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:07 PM

Hi Cpietra
Thanks for your welcome! Give that little lab and kitties hugs from me!
Old May 1st, 2006, 06:25 AM

Twomunchie,

I live in Centralia, WA. BooBoo is going to be the last, but without a doubt, the very best of our pets. He is an absolutely wonderful "owner"! He has taken care of me for the last 10 years, and now I can return the favor very humbly. He is such a proud guy ... and such a character. I was so afraid I was going to lose him recently, but he's obviously not ready to go to the Rainbow Bridge yet, and he got better each day. He still has his moments, but I'll take every minute he'll let me have.

I know the heartache of losing your buddies. They take over your very soul. The day will come when you know it's time to look at welcoming a new pal into your life, but don't hurry. Enjoy your other babies (I just find it so hard to consider them anything but human!!).

There is a thread (I think that's the right term) further down on the home page bulletin board that deals with pet loss. Read the poem about the Rainbow Bridge if you aren't familiar with it. It breaks your heart, but it says it all.

Again, welcome. I'm sure we'll talk again soon!
Old May 2nd, 2006, 12:26 PM

Hi Mooie

I have seen that rainbow bridge poem...it is beautiful and does say it all! My sisiter sent it to me. I will visit that thread below. I am from Virginia. Been in WA for last 5 years but will be moving back to Maryland this summer. It rains 9 months of the year out here! Makes my brain moldy. Give BooBoo a big hug from me! Where is Centralia? I assume not in western WA? Twomunchie
Old May 2nd, 2006, 12:47 PM
Senior Contributor

I lived on Vancouver island...I know rain and now that I'm in Quebec I kind of miss it. I guess the grass is always green on the other side! Even though it rained 10 months of the year I still would rather be there. Winnie, my lab really misses her morning swim in the pacific.
Old May 4th, 2006, 06:44 AM

Twomunchie,

Thanks for the hugs for BooBoo! He's getting better every day, but I still take it a day at a time.

I laughed when you said the rain makes your brain moldy!! I've lived here all my life, so I must be a spore by now! Centralia is in western Washington.

I'm glad you saw the Rainbow Bridge forum. The memorials to the pets make you break down and cry ... :sad: the love for our little critters goes so deep. It's nice to have a place to say how you feel and that everyone understands.

Can you send pics of your babies?
Old May 5th, 2006, 11:26 AM

Mooie

Tried to add a picture in my profile. don't know how to attach it on this message. I'm a real ignoramus about computers. Picture looked too small to see but Munchie is on the left and Two Socks if on the right. They were my best friends and I feel blessed to have had them as long as I did. Munchie was 13 and Two Socks was 12. Had them both since puppies. Actually, Two Sock's mom, Gretel, was my first Corgi. Hope you are well and thanks for all of your messages! Twomunchie
Old May 6th, 2006, 04:11 PM

Smile Hello from the Pacific Northwest

Twomunchie,
Thanks for the note! I put the picture of BooBoo on the website by double clicking my name - it pulls up your profile. To the far left of your # of posts is a way to edit your profile. You can put a picture on it through "edit your avatar". Also, if you scroll down to the bottom of your post, you'll find a place that says manage attachments. You can add a picture if it's small enough ... just find one on your computer (if you download pics). I'd love to see your babies. That's mine right next to my name! Give it another try. I'm not the smartest in the computer generation, either, so I sympathize. Good luck and hope to see your pictures soon!
Old May 9th, 2006, 11:19 AM

Thanks Mooie, I'm working on trying to figure it out. thanks for your help!!!
Old May 13th, 2006, 12:56 PM

I, finally, figure out how to get a picture in my profile and use an avatar. Yippee!! Thanks again Mooie!