Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old February 12th, 2009, 12:00 AM
~Cat Servent~

Ok, so now she won't leave the office...

I've had the door open since 4 this afternoon and she didn't set one foot in the hall. In fact she spent most of the afternoon in the round cat tree here in the office and has been waiting for me to put her litter back down. She seems perfectly happy to be on her own in here, the other cats came in, sniffed around, she got a little growly, they left, and she just went back to sleep! Maybe she is enjoying the break from the other kitties a little too much. I was hoping she'd be out and about by now, and I don't want her to venture out with the boys tonight while I'm sleeping as they tend to harass her especially if she's been away (they are just trying to sniff her, but she goes rangy). So I'll try opening up again in the am for food time, and then take her down to the other litter boxes? She's just really happy in here... maybe she needs a small vacation? I know she's still affraid of Buddy as he got the biggest hiss and growl, so maybe this would be a good opportunity to try a re-introduction? Like give her a few more days in here (her pills end sunday, so that might be a good idea) and then I'll do the switch with the other 5 and maybe try the carrier even? Maybe trick them into getting along? What do you think?

Usually she's just itching to get out of her and back to her comfy spots.... I think I just made the office her new comfy spot!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old February 12th, 2009, 01:23 AM

Isn't Smoke usually more the loner of the group anyways? Perhaps as you say she is feeling very comfy away from the harrasment she gets from those pesky boys Plus she gets mom & dad time all to herself

I think you've got the right idea I would wait until the meds are done (as that also would be affecting how she feels towards the others) then do a re-intro, but while you/hubby are home leaving the door open is good, she may just decide to come out on her own and it does give a gradual easement back in with the others.

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old February 12th, 2009, 10:54 AM
~Cat Servent~

Ya the more I think about it the easier the meds are to give in here, plus she's eating wet food like there's no tomorrow! If she's eating with the others and the boys even look in her direction she runs off and they swipe her food. So if this helps her get onto the wet food that's quite a bonus! She just ate almost 1/2 a med size can of the wellness. Maybe if the other two girls see her eating canned they'll be tempted to see what the fuss is about (Windy and Asker are my two hold outs for wet food... I'll try fancy feast for Windy as she used to eat that too, but Asker, I'm not sure what trick to try next!)

I'm working on designing a feeding station for them so the food isn't all over the house, it'll have to have lots of space in between or maybe I'll do two seperate ones, one for the boys, and one for the girls.... I've got a lot of them sketched and got some ideas from looking at raised feeding stations online. Oh oh I just had another idea! Better go sketch it down before I forget! Once i get down to a couple of ideas I'll post them on here and ask for some opinions!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Kitty pimp

sounds like its going prettty well 2 statons are a great idea some cats just cant eat together
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:15 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Mmm, sounds to me like Ms Smoke has made herself quite at home. She probably is enjoying the vacation like you said. Could you maybe keep on feeding her in there apart from the others? Maybe her knowing she has a special place to go to will make her feel better.
Cats....... gotta love 'em!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:16 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

..... and...... when you and your dad get those feeding stations done....... put me down for about 10! (Well, maybe 2 or 3... )

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!