Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old September 24th, 2008, 12:26 AM

Exclamation Cat Lost in Fredericton, New Brunswick

Orange tabby domestic shorthair male cat lost in Fredericton (Woodstock Road area) on September 12, 2008. Georgie's home is actually near downtown Fredericton, so he could be anywhere, lost and frightened. Georgie is wearing a black Ovicollar (flea collar) with a goldish-coloured bell on it, as well as a silver cylinder which unscrews to show his identification information. His collar may have fallen off in the course of his travels. If you live in the Fredericton area, please check your car, car trunk, garage, garden shed, etc., to make sure our kitty has not accidentally become trapped inside. Georgie is a very senior kitty who needs his family - and we need him! Have a look at his photo, won't you please?

Please contact Christa or Michael Thanisch at (506) 459-3033 or thanisch@rogers.com if you think you may have seen Georgie or if you have found an orange tabby cat in Fredericton. Thank you!
Attached Images

Last edited by Rosalinde; September 27th, 2008 at 12:26 AM.
Old September 24th, 2008, 01:06 AM
-

What a handsome boy Georgie is.

I hope you locate him soon.
Old September 24th, 2008, 01:16 AM

Thank you

Thank you for your good wishes, rainbow!

Rosalinde
Old September 24th, 2008, 02:37 AM

I live near Fredericton, My Hubby and I go in once a week , we'll keep an eye out and tell our friends too as well. that he comes home. You may want to call the spca and give them a picture or put up a "LOST" add on kijji fred http://fredericton.kijiji.ca/ Calling the radio station and asking them to let people know would help, Fred FM is pretty good about that.

Good luck!

Noel- 4 year old black and white cat
Felix- 6 year old black cat
Maggie-3 year old Newfoundland Dog
Sparkie- Puppy Shih zu
Old September 24th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I hope you find him soon

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old September 24th, 2008, 12:48 PM

Good Ideas

Dear MommaKat and Love4himies,

Thank you for your good ideas and messages of support. The Thanisches have done most of what you suggest. Kijiji ads have been submitted and are only waiting to be confirmed by the Thanisches. (I submitted the ads for them.) Fred FM is a great idea! The Thanisches are reading this page too, when they are not outside searching for Georgie. They are having a hard time, so I'm sure they appreciate your support and all the help you can give them!

Rosalinde
Old September 24th, 2008, 12:53 PM
banned user

Keep looking...don't give up hope.....mine was gone years ago for over 2 months..came home thin and full of pineneedles so can only assume she got up a tree and couldn't get back down or when she did got disoriented.
He may be scared and hiding so tell as many people as you can..the more eyes the better...try handing out business cards with a picture on one side and contact info on the other when you meet others when you are out hunting. You can print these on your printer using the business card form and then cut them up..you don't need expensive printing. for his safe return.
Old September 24th, 2008, 12:59 PM
-

The best time for them to go out looking is late at night or very early in the morning with a flashlight. Ask people to look in their sheds, garages, etc. for you and don't forget to look up into trees. Also leave something with their scent on it outside.

Good luck......I hope Georgie returns soon.
Old September 25th, 2008, 02:51 PM

Your ideas are excellent! They show that you are people with experience. The search for Georgie continues. I am glad to hear that kitties can come home even after months have passed. I am very glad that yours did, shirley! I sure hope Georgie does too. He is missed very much. Your support is very valuable to us!
Old October 19th, 2008, 09:32 PM

Smile Georgie is home!

After five weeks, Georgie is back at home! The Thanisches put up a humane trap with food inside, and he went in on the second night! The family appreciates your excellent advice and help. You definitely helped to bring Georgie home! Many thanks! To all readers who are suffering due to the loss of a pet, in any sense of the word: our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Last edited by Rosalinde; October 21st, 2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old October 20th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

OMG that is great news!!!! . Was he trapped in his own yard?

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old October 21st, 2008, 11:26 PM

Georgie had been lost by a boarding kennel where he was staying. He was only there for about a day before discovering a loose screen window - and out he went! The kennel was a long distance from his home, so it must have felt, to Georgie, as though he had landed on a different planet.

Some people who lived in the general area of the kennel thought that they had seen Georgie several times near their home. They allowed the Thanisches to set up a trap in their yard. For a long time, the trap was only up during the day. There was concern about a skunk potentially getting into the trap at night... Georgie did not show up. Finally, the Thanisches decided to leave the trap out at night too, with a potato sack over it so that a skunk could be released without it seeing people and spraying. Already on the second evening, Georgie was in the trap!

I have become quite a believer in this method of getting a lost cat back. Lost cats are often so scared that they won't approach anyone or even make their presence known. A trap with yummy food inside, and no people around, may work better than anything else. Of course, every resource needs to be used when a cat is lost. You never know which one will bring success.

Georgie is being treated like royalty at home, and the Thanisches are calling him their little "miracle bundle." All of us are very happy and thankful!
Old October 25th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Thanks for the update rosalinde.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)