Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old November 8th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Winter pics for GF

Goldfields you mentioned that you wanted some winter pictures so I took some to show you how pretty the snow on the trees is. Perhaps others will add their own here for you.

Name:  Winter2.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  193.6 KB

Name:  Winter3.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  204.5 KB
Attached Images

Old November 8th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Senior Contributor

OH, Patti, that really is lovely, especially the first one. Thank you so much. Makes me feel cold looking at it mind you. Seems strange to look at these, then go outside to plant seedlings and mow grass.
Old November 8th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Senior Contributor

If I had made the pics a little smaller they would have looked better GF. Glad to share some of our winter beauty with you because it really is beautiful.

Want to make a switch ? I will come and mow and plant seedlings and you can come here and shovel snow!!

I am praying that this winter is not as bad as our winter two years ago, that was just way too much snow for my liking.
Old November 9th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Senior Contributor

I could send you pictures of rain ! Patti those are beautiful shots, reminds of my days growing up in Montreal. Actually today in Vancouver it's very cool and sunny (well it's night and dark right now...)
Old November 9th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Senior Contributor

Even photo's of rain would make me envious, DD, we are not getting enough of it unfortunately. All seedlings planted, no mowing done though, Patti. I hope you don't get a bad Winter, everything in moderation would be good. Like a mild summer for us too.
Old November 9th, 2012, 02:58 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Snow, beautiful snow!! I keep telling myself to be patient, but I'm not good at the patience part! Thanks for sharing your snow, Patti! Is this early for snow in Edmonton?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old November 9th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes and no about timing for our first snowfall. This much is not as usual I am so afraid that we are going to have a winter like we did 2 years ago where it snowed in Jan. 14 days straight. Not small snowfalls either we got dummmpppped on that year. I think I posted some pictures then. The first cou[ple of snowfalls are so beautiful they make me smile!
Old November 9th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Senior Contributor

They're very beautiful photos , we're going have warm weather in Massachusetts it could be 70 degrees on Monday. I hope we'll not have a crazy winter this year , we got very little snow last winter.
Old November 10th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingdog View Post
They're very beautiful photos , we're going have warm weather in Massachusetts it could be 70 degrees on Monday. I hope we'll not have a crazy winter this year , we got very little snow last winter.
70 degrees????? oh my that sounds so wonderful. Except that as I write this the sun is coming up over the trees and shining off of the snow, it looks so beautiful! Thanks for the compliment on the pics.
Old November 10th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Senior Contributor

This is my view from the kitchen window. The shrubs across the road are being weighted down by all of the snow.

Name:  winter1.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  48.5 KB
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

really nice views pbpatti!
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old November 10th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbpatti View Post
70 degrees????? oh my that sounds so wonderful. Except that as I write this the sun is coming up over the trees and shining off of the snow, it looks so beautiful! Thanks for the compliment on the pics.
Last winter was very warm and in the summer we had the worst ticks problem.
Nothing was working to keep ticks off people dog. I hope it get colder and we'll get some snow so we'll not have a water ban in the summer. 70 degree sound nice but it not a good thing. That sound very pretty where you live.
Old November 10th, 2012, 07:34 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I gotta say it--you just can't beat a fresh snow for beautiful landscapes!!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old November 10th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Senior Contributor

I totally agree Hazel, aint it purdy? Until of course it starts to turn mucky brown and dirty. I would miss the different seasons if I lived in a warmer climate.
Old November 11th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Senior Contributor

That is magical, Patti, your kitchen window view. Do wish I lived where you all do seeing I hate hot summers.
Old November 11th, 2012, 10:24 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

You'll just have to move to this hemisphere when your summers get hot, GF! We'll save you some snow!!

Old November 11th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Senior Contributor

Always said that if I had a big Lotto win I would spend my life jetting around the world avoiding hot weather.
Old November 11th, 2012, 02:07 PM

I think that's the motto of life. You always hate what you have, and want what you don't have.
I wish I could win the lotto and avoid the cold weather lol. I just had to trudge through foot and a half high snow to get the extension cord for my vehicle... I was not impressed.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old November 11th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Senior Contributor

I'd swap that for entire summers spent worrying about bushfires. Yes, actually I can cope with the heat, it's the dangers that go with Summer that I hate. Brown snakes and bushfires. Wouldn't matter if I lived in the city.
Old November 11th, 2012, 08:54 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I'm content with my cold, snowy winters. The colder and snowier the better!

Even in summer we don't have to worry about brown snakes here, GF. Fires, on the other hand, are something I'm familiar with....

Old November 12th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbpatti View Post
I totally agree Hazel, aint it purdy? Until of course it starts to turn mucky brown and dirty. I would miss the different seasons if I lived in a warmer climate.
I moved from Boston, Ma. to California to get away from the cold and snow.
I when to live in Northern California as I was told it does not snow there a lot. We had the worst winter in 35 years and got hit with a huge snow storm. It was funny as I traveled 3,000 to get away from snow. People water lines froze because they where about the ground.