Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

SO frustrated....

We were supposed to take Nanook in today for a follow up xray of his lungs to see if he's having any improvement on the anti-biotics. I called this morning to see what time to bring him and the receptionist (wonderful girl) says "Oh, I don't know if he wants to do the xray today. I think they want to do the cultures". I was confused and asked her what cultures. She said "Oh, no one has talked to you about additional cultures?" I said no, no one had menetioned anything to me at all and again asked what cultures. She put me on hold then came back and said the vet (not our regular vet) wanted to speak with me and they need to do additional cultures. I told her he's on 1500mg of Cephalexin daily and said they had told me they probably would not yield results from any cultures once he started the anti-biotics. She said "Well, he will have to call and go over some things with you". That was almost 4 hours ago. I just called again and now he's in surgery.

I'm so damn frustrated and angry. We paid the $700 for the flush before starting anti-biotics to avoid doing it after and probably not getting anything from it. Now I'm sitting here stewing with worry all day, wondering why the need (did they find something in the original already?) and just feeling this dark cloud again. And after spending ALL the money we have he doesn't have the courtesy to call me so I don't sit and wonder or worry? It just doesn't seem fair.

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012

Last edited by Rgeurts; August 13th, 2010 at 03:57 PM.