Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 23rd, 2008, 07:56 PM

Angry Someone stole my cat!

Me and my boyfriend got a cat together and it was living at his house as an outdoor cat. He did have the choice of living inside, but he chose outside. I would bring him inside at night and he would just sit at the door meowing to be let back out. He would leave the house for a week at a time but would always come back. About a month ago we noticed he had been missing for awhile, Even thought he was missing we still put food out everyday for him. They have 25 acres of land but yet everyday after work (6am-6pm) my boyfriend would go out looking for him. We then found out my boyfriends brothers girlfriend (she's 16) and her mom took the cat from my boyfriends backyard without telling anyone because it was weak and had fleas. We knew it had fleas and had been giving him medication for it. And it was weak because he had left, on his own choice, awhile ago and probably didn't eat much. They live in the country and there's a house down the road with 20+ cats so thats where he must of gotten the fleas from. Since then we've found out they took him to the vet for shots and got him fixed. The only reason they got him fixed is because they already have 10+ cats and didn't want to end up with kittens. We've contacted her, and her parents by the phone, email, text messages and even talked to the girl in person saying we want our cat back but no reply! What can we do to get him back? I have written proof from the girl saying she took the cat and I have pictures of me and the cat together. Also the cat had a collar on him with his name and my boyfriends phone number. We care deeply about out cat, Mr.Eves. And did not neglect him!

Also, my boyfriends mom is a dog breeder. Our cat and all the dogs would play together. She was outside 3 times a day to make sure the cat and dog had food/water and took them for walks. How is that neglect?

Last edited by tiny-love; July 23rd, 2008 at 11:36 PM.