Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:55 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

DD if you have a Costco around they have the best priced dog beds around! I think they are 20.00 they have the cedar chips to maintain odor and they have a washable cover!

OMG I just thought...how are you going to walk 3 dogs??? Your gonna need one of those special leashes that allow you to hook up 3 dogs.

Oh and dont forget to buy those lint removers!! your gonna need those!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:06 PM
Senior Contributor

Yeah I have lots of Costco beds around, actually threw about 3 old ones out last summer. Just found another old one under the back deck, so the cover is in the laundry as I type. I had washed two this morning already. So since finding the other old one, I will just put the two old ones outside in the dog houses. That way if the pups tear them up it's not a big deal. Shadow had some leakage issues with spay incontinence over the years so the Costco beds were the best! Washed them regularly then tossed them every year or so and bought new ones. I always kept the covers though, that way I could take one off (or two as I always did both beds) and put the clean ones on the beds while the others were washing. It was great. For the crates I have towels though, so they can go into the wash daily if need be. Again, if they tear them up, that's okay too.

Second trip to the pet store today. Bought large breed Orijen for the puppies, Taste of the Wild for Halo (the Orijen has chicken and she can't have that), one shampoo for puppies, and two cans of green tripe - $$$.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 08:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
Another day another trip to the pet store! Bought their brushes and a new set of nail clippers, a bottle of Nature's Miracle accident cleaner , one toy. $99.00 On top of that they did not have the kibble I wanted, nor did I find a shampoo I wanted - well I forgot the shampoo, looked at a couple and then kept on going. Will get that stuff tomorrow. Plus one new dog bed for Halo. I will put one old dog bed out in one dog house, and Halo's old dog bed out in the other dog house, so Halo will get a new bed. The puppies will be crated for a while in the house, so they don't need inside beds yet. They'd probably just eat them anyhow. Have stocked up on old towels.

We went past our butcher's today and picked up a nice bag of chicken back and necks and beef bones for the pups. I offered Halo a beef bone but she was not interested. Got enough for a week of feeding. Free!! Gotta love friends who are butchers!
Marty is not interested in beef bone , I brought a small packed and he just played with the bone for a second and said I am done. Maybe you could have some towels with your body odor on them so your puppies can smell you when you have to leave them alone for awhile.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:04 PM
Senior Contributor

I wasn't very clear about the dog food, it was large breed puppy food. My breeder just e-mailed me and said not to give them the chicken necks yet, and to throw out the beef bones. She said just give them pork riblets for now. I'm so confused. My butcher said beef no pork. The butchers are actually a bunch of brothers and they all feed their dogs raw of course. None feed pork. Okay. Whatever, will keep on studying....

Barkingdog, yes the puppies will have something that smells of us at night and when we go out, but rest assured we don't leave our dogs often.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
I wasn't very clear about the dog food, it was large breed puppy food. My breeder just e-mailed me and said not to give them the chicken necks yet, and to throw out the beef bones. She said just give them pork riblets for now. I'm so confused. My butcher said beef no pork. The butchers are actually a bunch of brothers and they all feed their dogs raw of course. None feed pork. Okay. Whatever, will keep on studying....

Barkingdog, yes the puppies will have something that smells of us at night and when we go out, but rest assured we don't leave our dogs often.
your puppies are very lucky to be getting such a wonderful home.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 03:04 PM
Chum Mum

Are they here yet...are they here yet,,,are they here yet!!!
R.I.P. Boog,Pootie, Bud & Tarkha
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I look into your soft brown eyes,
Where love and loyal homage shine,
And wonder where the difference lies
Between your soul and mine!
Old February 3rd, 2013, 07:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Not yet.... not yet.... not yet....

One more

The breeder didn't even send me the pics! Dang. She's been busy with a dog show this weekend though, one of her pups got 2 pts. She's very happy.

Thank you Barkingdog, I hope I do well by these two pups. I hope Halo handles it well and turns into a pup herself not some cranky old cow.

I hope DH handles it well, I know he will not do well with the chewing and such. If they eat the couch he'll flip. I think the pups may spend a lot of daytime hours outside, and inside training with me at night! Fortunately as spring nears DH spends way more time outside, so that will be good. We'll work it out though.

Got the waybill for the shipping today. WooHoo, is it bedtime yet???
Old February 4th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsqU4r3d View Post
Are they here yet...are they here yet,,,are they here yet!!!

DD, no sleep for you tonight. This is so exciting, twice the fun for both of you.
Old February 4th, 2013, 09:31 AM

How are you feeling?? are just jumping up and down looking at the clock every 5 minutes?

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Old February 4th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG I can't believe it's here! Today is the day. I have to go to work first for half a day, then I have Tuesday and Wednesday off. Puppernity leave. I was shooting for the whole week but my boss was a no go on that. It's actually really busy at work right now so that's okay.

Well I'll be back - soonish but time will tell. I am praying for a clean cage on arrival, not a poopy one! Lupa apparently weights 12 lbs and Nikki is 17.
Old February 4th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Puppernity leave...
I'm going to have to remember that one!!!
I'm SO excited for you and DH! You know we're going to be waiting, impatiently, for pics!!

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old February 4th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Senior Contributor

Robyn, you need to pm me or e-mail me your phone number for emergency questions! (I should edit that to say if you are willing...) Oh my goodness, I don't know if I will make it to this afternoon! I had to borrow some of the puppies pepto this morning I think the stress is getting to me too!
Old February 4th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL... you remind me of the impatient expectant "daddy" pacing in the waiting room!!

I'll pm it to you now!

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old February 4th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
OMG I can't believe it's here! Today is the day. I have to go to work first for half a day, then I have Tuesday and Wednesday off. Puppernity leave. I was shooting for the whole week but my boss was a no go on that. It's actually really busy at work right now so that's okay.

Well I'll be back - soonish but time will tell. I am praying for a clean cage on arrival, not a poopy one! Lupa apparently weights 12 lbs and Nikki is 17.
I guess it would be a good idea to bring some towels and plastic bags to be on the safe side. Bring a paper bag encase you hyperventilation. LOL!! I will cross my fingers for a clean cage and puppies.
This is really exciting , I am very happy for the new parents.
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Sorry it took so long to get back here. Yikes - double trouble (and poop). The pups travelled well, they arrived with a clean kennel and pooped two blocks away from the airport. Fortunately we were able to pull over and get the dirty towel out before any damage was done to the pups.

They are incredible and everything we hoped for. Lupa is a very bossy little girl, and Nikki is a big cry baby. Both have the runs right now, so we're working on that. Had them straight into the vets and that was all possitive. He checked them over including hips and elbows and it all looks good

Halo is unsure what to think. She growls if they get too close, but she follows them with her tail wagging. If they fight she gets right in the middle to break it up though. Today she was very interested in them, so it was a good sign, she was more involved.

Anyhow, must make this quick. They are both napping right now, I'm posting a pic of them sleeping in the kitchen! Sorry they're pretty big! Nikki saw himself in the mirror twice now, he thinks he's pretty special!
Attached Images

Old February 6th, 2013, 04:31 PM

I was patiently waiting for pics!

They are beautiful!!!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Chum Mum

They are both gorgeous....I am so jealous!! They will keep you busy for a long while to come. Here's to the first of many many pics to OOOHHH and AWWW over.
R.I.P. Boog,Pootie, Bud & Tarkha
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I look into your soft brown eyes,
Where love and loyal homage shine,
And wonder where the difference lies
Between your soul and mine!
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Senior Contributor

They sure are gorgeous and so cute sleeping next to one another.
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Senior Contributor

A sleeping puppy is a good puppy IMO, DD . LOL. They look pretty special to me and I think Nikki is going to be magnificent later on. Just keep in mind that if they play hard, they'll also crash hard for a sleep and give you some peace.
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:09 PM

So cute I'm glad Halo seems to be taking things well & is interested in the pups. Breaking up arguments is also a good sign she's accepting them & wants peace in her house

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:21 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

They're beautiful, DD! whoot whoot!!!!!

Just getting back online now and one of the first things I had to check out was DD's puppy progress!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 7th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh DD!!! They're just GORGEOUS!!! And Nikki has the same feet and legs as Nookie. He's going to be a beautiful, thick boy
Lupa has very dainty/delicate facial features, I bet she's going to be a real princess

You know we are going to need many more pics to make any real
assessments though

How's DH holding up to the puppy madness?

Old February 7th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Senior Contributor

We need more photos! Pleaseee.. I am about your puppies..
Old February 7th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Senior Contributor

I will get more pics up soon. Have taken a few, but boy they are busy kids. Both have such distinct personalities. Lupa is taking to housetraining like a star. If you say let's go outside and go pee she runs to the door. Nikki takes that as a cue to squat and pee asap! The biggest issue is with going outside with both of them, it turns into play time rather than potty time. If I wake up in the middle of the night (which I always do) I take them out, and after 10 minutes I normally pick one up to stop the games and let the last one get busy (it's always Nikki who is the holdout). He'll spend 25 minutes outside then go in and poop on the floor . He'll get there though.

They both have VERY healthy appetites, gave them some apple yesterday for a treat, they loved it. Tonight we'll give them carrots. The vet checked out their hips and elbows and all was good. We're on a roll.
Old February 7th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

DD I am in puppy love! They are so beautiful. You are so lucky to have been able to follow their journey to your home. I love the pic of them sleeping.

Sounds like they are showing their personalities. How is hubby enjoying things?

We are so lucky to be able to see them grow up through you!!!!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old February 7th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
I will get more pics up soon. Have taken a few, but boy they are busy kids. Both have such distinct personalities. Lupa is taking to housetraining like a star. If you say let's go outside and go pee she runs to the door. Nikki takes that as a cue to squat and pee asap! The biggest issue is with going outside with both of them, it turns into play time rather than potty time. If I wake up in the middle of the night (which I always do) I take them out, and after 10 minutes I normally pick one up to stop the games and let the last one get busy (it's always Nikki who is the holdout). He'll spend 25 minutes outside then go in and poop on the floor . He'll get there though.

They both have VERY healthy appetites, gave them some apple yesterday for a treat, they loved it. Tonight we'll give them carrots. The vet checked out their hips and elbows and all was good. We're on a roll.
You know girls learn faster than boys so I guess it work the same with 4 legged kids.
Old February 7th, 2013, 08:42 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

That's cuz Gurlz are just inherently superior to Boyz... heheheh

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 7th, 2013, 11:09 PM
You can call me DOG!

Oh I'm in heaven with these puppy pictures.

You know we could all use daily...okay, maybe weekly pictures of them for at least 2 years!

Thank you for sharing and keep em coming.

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old February 8th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee-O-Gee View Post
Oh I'm in heaven with these puppy pictures.

You know we could all use daily...okay, maybe weekly pictures of them for at least 2 years!

Thank you for sharing and keep em coming.
I agree , or we could get puppies withdrawal symptoms .
Old February 8th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Okay, just a few pics here to tide you all over. It's hard to get good pics as they hardly slow down!

In the first one the pups are playing with a fuzzy ball and Halo is just keep watch.

Then dad is holding the babies while Halo grumps about having to pose with them!

Then Miss Lupa just waiting patiently for Nikki to do his business and get back into the house.
Attached Images