Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old October 31st, 2009, 01:14 PM

Exclamation Lost Cat- Guinness a.k.a. Red

Guinness a.k.a Red is a male neutered orange tabby whose eyes vary in colour from being a light blue to a light green. Guinness is declawed in his front two paws, and was origonally a rescue cat when we found him last year. Guinness is estimated to be around 2 years of age, and is up to date with vaccinations. "Red" varies from being an indoor and outdoor cat as he pleases, but always has returned home for feeding times. When this was not the case yesterday, we started to worry. Guinness was last seen at 229 Beechgrove Dr. Toronto Ontatio yesterday (the 30th) morning, the closest intersection being beechgrove and lawrence area. Guinness is part of a large family, living with two adults, two teenagers another female kitten, a chocolate lab and an exotic parrot. Guinness gets along with everyone great, so that would not have been a reason for his disapearance. Red is an extremely friendly cat and often comes when called. Please look around your homes for our boy, he is greatly missed. Help us bring our baby home.

If you have any information regarding Guinness and his whereabouts,
please contact
Monika Comelli
Attached Images

Old October 31st, 2009, 03:36 PM
Senior Contributor

Please leave your cat INDOORS. Talk to people on your street, contact Toronto Humane Society and Toronto Animal Services. put up posters.

ACO22
Old October 31st, 2009, 03:51 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Some suggestions for you - put up posters, look around, under, any place Guinness could be hiding in and around your neighbourhood, go to, do not phone, go to the HS and TAS. If you just phone they may not bother checking to see if the cat is there. Please go in person. When you are there ask to check the sick rooms and the feral rooms as well as some cats can "act feral" when trapped and panicked. Put his favourite blanket, bed, litter box, food, anything that smells like him out near your door so he knows where to go. Leave stinky food out - tuna, salmon, anything that may attract him back. Go out late at night or very early in the morning when it is quiet with a flashlight and call his name. Shine the flashlight under whatever you can, cars, porches. The light may reflect on his eyes if he is in hiding and scared.
Have you tried contacting any rescue groups to see if maybe he was mistakenly trapped thinking he was a stray? This is the site for TCR. I am not sure if there are other ones advertised.
http://www.torontocatrescue.ca/store/index.asp
Call around to vet offices. It's possible they can help you out with names of rescues. It's also possible the cat was hit by a car and brought into a vets office to be looked at. And, while you may not want to face it, check wherever they take animals that have been hit by cars to see if they happened to pick up a cat that matches Guinness' description.
Last but not least by any means. I am in full agreement with ACO22 about leaving your cat indoors. It is much safer for them. Especially when the cat is declawed and has no defense.:sad:
Good luck.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 31st, 2009, 04:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Since Guiness is an indoor/outdoor cat,he knows his way home,he might have been chased too far by some creature,or he's trapped in someones shed or garage.
Hopefully he'll find his way home
A declawed cat should never be allowed outside on his own,I remember I had a cat in my backyard,obviously declawed,since he could not climb my fence,he was in absolute panic,luckily I did not have a dog in the yard.
Old November 1st, 2009, 10:13 AM

guinness

I do not feel the need to trap an animal inside that was used to being outdoors. Our other kitten is an indoor cat, simply because i agree that the outside is too much for a feline to handle- especially a declawed one. Please understand my efforts to keep Guinness inside, however he continuously snuck out, and would have led a miserable life if he were taken away from his outdoor wonderland. I am simply trying to find my cat, not take criticism and suggestions from others during this grieving period. Please do not post if you have something blunt or unneccessary to say, for those who have not lost a pet will never know the emotions I am under right now. Thank you to everyone who has given me suggestions in ways to find him. I have posted everywhere on the internet displaying guinness' information. Please continue to help me in the search of my best friend.
Old November 1st, 2009, 10:29 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

In my opinion allowing a declawed cat who can't defend itself is CRUEL, not keeping a helpless cat indoors to protect it. There were other options, walking him on a harness, building a cat walk with chain link fencing, etc.

I only hope he is now in a home that will do what is in his best interest and keep him safe indoors and supervising his outside time.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old November 1st, 2009, 11:05 AM

Wow, that sounds like tons of fun..walking on a little patch of grass on a leash in a fenced off area. This is an animal that we're talking about right? I feel terrible for your cats, as they have to endure that wrath of a control freak parent. Unlike your poor felines guinness led a life of freedom and adventure, everything he ever wished for. The fact that guinness was a rescue cat (not from a shelter-from a field), along with how despirately i am trying to find him should probably inform you that he was very loved and cared for. Not that i care your oppinion, or give a **** about what 2 sence you would like to throw into this tread. Just as you let yourself into this thread, let yourself out. I am not on this website to fight with others or to ask their oppinion of how i chose to raise my cat. So find something better to do with your time then to put others down.
Old November 1st, 2009, 11:25 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

personally i don't think there is any need for you to be rude to any of the members here. You came here asking for help, they stated the obvious. As for insulting Love4 or anyone else, should i point out that their cats are all home safe and sound and loved while yours is out somewhere possibly hit by a car, unable to defend himself. If you don't like the answers given by experienced members, don't feel the need to resort to insults.
Old November 1st, 2009, 02:59 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassiecomelli View Post
Wow, that sounds like tons of fun..walking on a little patch of grass on a leash in a fenced off area. This is an animal that we're talking about right? I feel terrible for your cats, as they have to endure that wrath of a control freak parent. Unlike your poor felines guinness led a life of freedom and adventure, everything he ever wished for. The fact that guinness was a rescue cat (not from a shelter-from a field), along with how despirately i am trying to find him should probably inform you that he was very loved and cared for. Not that i care your oppinion, or give a **** about what 2 sence you would like to throw into this tread. Just as you let yourself into this thread, let yourself out. I am not on this website to fight with others or to ask their oppinion of how i chose to raise my cat. So find something better to do with your time then to put others down.
My cats are safely inside with me, where is yours?

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old November 1st, 2009, 03:09 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

kassiecomelli - please do not think I am in any way trying to be nasty. I have been through the experience of scraping a few cats off the road near my home because someone let them out. In fact I had a feral girl who I was never able to contain. She was used to being out too... for three years. She was very street smart, very watchful. Then one evening a car beat her across the road. Well, didn't beat her. It hit her. I cannot tell you the pain I went through holding her poor broken body close to me till we could get her to a vet to end her pain. I cannot tell you the agony of knowing I finally got to hold her.. to say goodbye. I cannot tell you the guilt I feel every time I pass her grave. It's indescribable, still.
L4H has a very large property where her cats are allowed out on leashes. They aren't short little leashes. They are very long. Her cats love it. I don't think they feel shorted in any way of any pleasure.
Let me ask you, was your cat declawed when you rescued him? If not then yes, he was capable of defending himself. If he has since been declawed what defence does he have against a dog or another cat? When he is in your home he does not have to worry about cars, dogs, cats, coyotes, illlness from other cats, animal abusers who would not hesitate to kick him or worse. He would learn to settle and be quite happy in your home without being outside. If you feel the need to let him out may I share a website with you? It is fantastic! It shows some marvelous enclosures that are imaginative and fairly reasonable to build. Then he would be safe... from everything out there.

http://www.catsofaustralia.com/cat-enclosures.htm

Oh, and just so you can feel assured I do know a little of what I am talking about - I have a cat sanctuary. It is 1/4 acre fenced off so the cats cannot get out. They have trees, houses, enclosures so the ones that fight can't with the others. I don't think any of them suffer one bit by not being able to roam where they want. They are safe, loved and treasured... just as you love Guinness.

May I also suggest a documentary to watch if you ever get the chance to. It is called "Cat City". The city they are talking about is Toronto. They esimate there are 100,000 cats roaming the streets homeless, feral, sick. It is available on Global TV web site to watch. Very informative. Very sad.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; November 1st, 2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Added info
Old November 1st, 2009, 04:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Kassiecomil,

I am sorry, but I think you are bring a bit naive about letting out cat outdoors and saying that keeping a cat indoors in cruel. What is cruel is letting your cat outside.

How about riding along with me for a day and see how many lead a 'miserable life' outdoors. Cats that are hit by cars and left injured on the side of the road..that I pick. How about cats that are injured, and have maggots living their wounds, crying in agony. cats that are poisoned because people don't want them coming on their property. Imagine picking the weak, barely to left is head up,while buking..as I rush it to the emgercy. Cats that are attacked by other cats, wildlife. I deal with this on a daily basis.

Cats that are mistreated by people because they wonder the streets. And guess what all these people will say, they love their pet. How many people I have called and let them know, that I have pick up there cat, dead, or had to be put down because of the extent of their injuries...all so they could live in their 'outdoor wonderland'.

I do honestly hope that you find your cat. I hope that he is not lying injured somewhere.

ACO22
Old November 1st, 2009, 05:37 PM
Senior Contributor

ACO,yes,I am sure you have seen it all:sad:

Cats are animals,yes,but they are not tigers,a little cat is no match for a coyote,a dog,a car,or even other cats,with claws.
I sincerely hope for your cats sake,he'll come home