Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old February 23rd, 2004, 08:35 AM
Senior Contributor

Wink Carina

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

How was your vacation?

Did you and hubby have fun?

Hehehehehe.
Old February 23rd, 2004, 09:14 AM
Senior Contributor

Just fabulous!! Here's what I just wrote for my other internet forum home:

Well the Hedo II vacation was an absolute blast!! Sort of like kindergarden for grownups, lots of playtime & afternoon naps. The whole atmosphere was playful, not at all sleazy. Depending on your level of prudity, I guess....
Discovery Channel is doing an hour long piece on Hedo; they were there filming for a week. There is a good chance Mick & I will be featured in there somewhere. We signed releases.

High points: A week without clothes in the Jamaican sun. Clothes feel just weird. And I have a totally killer tan. Everywhere.
Jumping from the cliff at Rick's Cafe in Negril - 35 ft into the ocean. A total blast but not without risk. I did it twice and the first time landed badly & have spectacular bruises to prove it. I had to go a second time to get it right. What a rush!
Taking out sailboats - anytime you want during the daylight hours. Just beautiful...the beach is 7 miles long and the water is amazing. We also did lots of snorkeling, and took kayaks way out to this little island way out, ringed with coral reefs.
We also snuck out a kayak after dark & saw two huge leopard rays swooping around the boat by flashlight, and these really long blue skinny fish that come out at night, they were cool.
I won "most revealing" on Pajama night at the disco. I wore one sixteeth of an ounce of fishnet and VERY high heels. And perfume.
Grilling fresh caught lobster on the beach with Jamaican jerk sauce & butter.
The scenery was spectacular. ::leering::

Well, there's the G-rated version...it was very very fun and like 90% of Hedo visitors, we''l return for sure!
Here's some info from a very popular book about Hedo II:
http://www.wordcrafting.com/exerpt.html
Daphne The Destructo-Rott
Old February 23rd, 2004, 10:41 AM
Senior Contributor

Carina is a nudie??

You are very brave to face the Carribean sun without benefit of clothing. I would never do that - just the thought of getting burned in certain places....

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!
Old February 23rd, 2004, 10:53 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh WOW.

Sounds like you both had an amazing time.It sounds like a great place.

Most "revealing" eh....

I bet your tanned all over.LOL

I did read the link.

I love getting away.I go every May.Usually to Mexico.My daughter loves it there.We were in Cozumel in May.I took her to Cancun on her 5th birthday.She'll be 17 in a few weeks.She still remembers it.

Been to Mexico 7 times,Bahamas 3 times and St.Lucia once.

I have thought about Jamaica many times.
Old February 23rd, 2004, 11:01 AM
banned user

Glad you had a good time....!!!!!!! Next time take me ok lol!
Old February 23rd, 2004, 12:23 PM
Senior Contributor

LR - I pretanned a few times at a fake & bake tanning bed, & of course used sunscreen. I don't burn easily, but Mick does...he got a nice tan though using sunscreen.

Mona - woo hoo! I love Mexico; I could live there, I think. Jamaica is really nice...but for sea + scenery + wildlife, I'd go for Costa Rica - a bit cheaper, too, specially in the (not terribly) rainy season. I've been there twice & really like it. It's also safer in terms of crime & being able to go off & do your own thing.

And of course everyone is welcome to stow away. But you have to bring your own tiny mesh thingie for Pajama Nite, and be OK with being a nudie for a week!
Old February 23rd, 2004, 05:09 PM
Senior Contributor

kayaking in the nicky noonar (nude), well i hope it was made of plastic, oouch i can just imagine where one would get splinters from sliding in a wooden one . oh and i hope you sat on a towel at the beach, all that sand hmmmm. sounds like a great holiday, nude, well you go grrrl
Old February 24th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Glad you had a good time. Where did your dogs hang out?
Old February 24th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Well while we were playing nicky noonar Cooper stayed with Sandi (LavenderRott on this forum.) He loved going to auntie Sandi's. Dutch & Daphne were boarded with my vet...which they hate but we know they are safe & well cared for. I have a petsitter I really like, but Dutch makes her nervous...Carol the petsitter did come by the house daily to take care of Krazy the cat.

I like Carol; but the first time she looked after D & D, we had only recently gotten Dutch. (He was an adult intact rescue with major attitude.) He gave her no problems, but she said she found him intimidating so rather than switch sitters we've boarded them a couple of times. I think I'm going to ask if she wants to spend a little time with him so she'll feel comfortable enough to care for them in the house next time; they'll be happier for sure. And he's become a much more relaxed & sociable boy in the last couple of years.

They were all ecstatic to see us back. The boarded dogs pracically dove into the car (Mom, get us outta here, now!) and Krazy followed us around for a day yowling & attaching himself to any part of us he could, he's a very affectionate & doglike cat! Not surprising, since he lives with all these big dogs...