Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old February 6th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Doggie Wench

Bittersweet Goodbyes

I'll start this thread by saying how I can't get over how fast the last couple of months have just flown by. It seems like yesterday I was posting about Cuddles' pups being born and, now, 4 of them have left for their new homes. As all our past fosters, these guys have been such a joy to have with us. They're very special though, they're the first litter I've ever had where all the hard work was taken up by their mom. And what an amazing mother Cuddles has been. She's taught me so much more and I'll forever be grateful to, and in awe of, her.

So, with both happy and sad tears, here are some of the latest photos of our babies.

Sweet Lil' Laurie, who's now Penelope , was the first to leave for her new home. She has two older fur siblings and two young human siblings. Her new family have already written to say they couldn't be happier with their Lil' girl.

Name:  Lil' Laurie (now Penelope), adopted Feb. 2, 11.JPG
Views: 368
Size:  22.3 KB
Name:  Lil' Laurie (Penelope) (2).JPG
Views: 370
Size:  29.0 KB
Name:  Lil' Laurie (Penelope) (3).JPG
Views: 365
Size:  40.1 KB
Old February 6th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Doggie Wench

Marbles is now known as Winston. His new parents wrote to say that he walked confidently right into his new home and has made himself comfy cozy. He slept right through his first night without a peep . He, too, has an older fur sibling.

Name:  Marbles (now Winston), adopted Feb. 5, 11.JPG
Views: 343
Size:  25.6 KB
Name:  Marbles (Winston) (2).JPG
Views: 349
Size:  17.5 KB
Old February 6th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Doggie Wench

Suziecakes is now Bailey and has dual citizenship . She has a big sister that's already keeping an eye on her all the time . Her mom says she loves to play in the snow and pees every time she goes outdoors. "She is fitting in nicely and is very happy, the tail never stops wagging!"

Last smoochies.
Name:  Goodbyes with Bailey (Suziecakes), Feb. 5, 11.JPG
Views: 346
Size:  22.6 KB

Loving the snow and her leaf.
Name:  Suziecakes (now Bailey) (3).JPG
Views: 346
Size:  25.2 KB

Big sister Gizmo checking her out.
Name:  Suziecakes (now Bailey) (4).JPG
Views: 365
Size:  32.3 KB
Old February 6th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Doggie Wench

And finally, our big guy Hercules left today as well with his new mom and dad. His mom's parents adopted a Rosie dog several years ago so he'll have a big uncle to show him the ropes. Hercules' parents and Penelope's (Lil' Laurie) parents are very good friends so they'll be seeing each other often for play dates too .

I only took this picture as they were leaving today (isn't he adorable in his new sweater ?) but, am looking forward to more photos once he's settled in and I'll be sure to post here.
Attached Images

Old February 6th, 2011, 08:21 PM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Aw Luckypenny...the epitome of selflessness. How incredibly wonderful of you to take in sweet Cuddles in the 11th hour and give her such a safe place to have those sweet pups and to thrive as a great Mum. So so happy she will NEVER have to go through that again.

If the others are anything like Hercules, who I was privileged enough to get to sneak a quick cuddle with, then I can only imagine how bittersweet this weekend really was

I am sure you have picked the most amazing families for your young charges and hopefully they will update from time to time.

You have a heart of gold (though I am sure somewhat broken tonight!!! )

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old February 6th, 2011, 08:23 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

You rock lady.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 6th, 2011, 08:27 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

They're just adorable little gentlemen and ladies, LP! You raised 'em right! Wonderful placements, too! Great news about Cuddles' housetraining, too!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 6th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Doggie Wench

Thank you sassylemon, but Cuddles made it so easy. I can say with confidence that they are all like her; super friendly, affectionate, and perfect angels .

If all goes according to plan, Murphy should be leaving Tuesday morning. Checkers is still looking for the perfect furever home to come along as is Cuddles. Being a senior, Cuddles isn't super playful (although she's perfectly patient) so, we'll be introducing Checkers to Lucky so he'll have a great big surrogate brother/father to play with.

Oh, and an update on Cuddles...it's been nearly a week now and she's been perfectly clean in the house . No pee pads, no accidents, and she just started going to the garage door when she wants out. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks ? She is the bestest pupper after all .
Old February 6th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Doggie Wench

Thank you 14+, thank you Di. To think I had no intention of fostering when I first met her , I didn't think I was able . Thank dog I couldn't sleep that night and thank dog the director of our rescue couldn't either when I told her about Cuddles .
Old February 6th, 2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
Oh, and an update on Cuddles...it's been nearly a week now and she's been perfectly clean in the house . No pee pads, no accidents, and she just started going to the garage door when she wants out. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks ? She is the bestest pupper after all .
That's wonderful news - you have done an awesome job with her!

Definitely a bittersweet past few days for you. I have so much admiration for those that foster - it must be so hard and yet so rewarding to watch them leave with their new family.
Old February 6th, 2011, 08:11 PM

awww, it seems like they grew up so fast. You did an awesome job with Cuddles and her babies