Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old September 28th, 2003, 02:28 PM

my dog is sick, please help

i have a 7 1/2 month old boston terrier. she has had all her shots and is as healthy as an ox except for today. she woke me up this morning extra early on a sunday. i took her out and she went potey 2 times that looked normal. then we went back in the house and her stomach was making sounds like a volcano inside and it continued to make these sounds. she started getting diarrea that didnt look normal. it looked kinda clear and almost like vomit. she has been doing this all day. she will not eat. when i broght her out she started eating grass and then she vomited 10 minutes later. she is sleeping now but still will not eat and her stomach is growling still. should i take her to the emergency dog clinic cause its sunday and my vet is closed or should i wait till tomorow. is there anything i can give her. precious will apreciate any help.

thank you
Old September 28th, 2003, 04:32 PM

vomiting and diarrhea

The rule of thumb (that i learned from this site) is 24 hours. Basically wait till 24 hours has passed. If the problem persists then a vet visit is in order.

Here are really good articles on vomiting and diarrhea. They do have stuff you can give your dog to soothe her.

Good luck

Herman

http://www.pets.ca/articles/article-diarrhea.htm
http://www.pets.ca/articles/article-vomit.htm