Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Foster talk - Rescue talk - NO listings please

Closed Thread

Old April 30th, 2005, 10:14 AM
banned user

Should it be right that a rescue buys from a pet store

should it be right that a RESCUE buys from a PET SHOP
Attached Images

Old April 30th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Senior Contributor

That bill means nothing, since there are no names on it.

When cockatoos are being slaughtered in the millions at shelters and being dumped on every street corner, then I would be concerned with people breeding and buying them.

Around here, if someone wants a large parrot, they have little choice except to buy it.

I may not personally agree with large birds having their wings clipped and being kept in cages, but there certainly is nothing illegal about it.
Old April 30th, 2005, 11:11 AM
banned user

1st - naming names is against 'RULES' so probably that is why it was black-out! If anyone is interested in seeing the name on the bill, please feel free to pm kidsruz4

"That bill means nothing, since there are no names on it.

When cockatoos are being slaughtered in the millions at shelters and being dumped on every street corner, then I would be concerned with people breeding and buying them.

Around here, if someone wants a large parrot, they have little choice except to buy it.

I may not personally agree with large birds having their wings clipped and being kept in cages, but there certainly is nothing illegal about it."

This is so untrue - There are many ways to acquire large birds ...

There are a few organizations - both domestic and wild and at least two small hospitals that deal with these birds who often have clients of theirs that no longer want their birds and are willing to surrender them.

Also, you can go through newspaper articles as well as web sites.

Of course it may not be illegal for a rescuer to purchase a bird from a pet store but surely it is unethical. How can it be proven that the $1,725.38 did not go to purchase puppies from a puppy mill allowing this viscious circle to continue?

If I am missing something - please feel free to help me understand!
Old April 30th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Senior Contributor

Pampered and Kids.

If you ahve problems with a rescue simply report them, or deal with them,

ranting and raving about them here will do nothing but annoy the other posters of the message board and speak volumes for your character.

move on and deal with it privately is my suggestion, its getting old.

Eleni
"I used to look at [my dog] Smokey and think, 'If you were a little smarter you could tell me what you were thinking,' and he'd look at me like he was saying, 'If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to.'" - Fred Jungclaus
Old April 30th, 2005, 11:46 AM

So now you're on to personal attacks?

The original question was
Quote:
should it be right that a RESCUE buys from a PET SHOP
And the answer is so obvious, you didn't need to open a thread to ask. Where did you get that receipt? If it wasn't you who bought the bird or you didn't STEAL it, why do you have it?

Next time, try opening a thread that says "I have evidence of a rescue buying from a petstore, anyone who wants the info, pm me," instead of opening another accusatory thread.
Old April 30th, 2005, 11:52 AM

Whatever anyone's opinion of this particular situation, it's your attitude that's really throwing me. You're not going to win yourself any support by coming onto a board, ignoring the posting guidelines and warnings from the moderators and then being snippy to others when their opinion doesn't jive with yours. You might want to show a little more maturity and professionalism if you want people to take you seriously. But that's just my opinion.
Closed Thread