Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old March 7th, 2007, 01:38 AM

Hello, My name is WildHair and I...... am an animal lover!

Hello everyone,
I was surfing the net and happened upon your group here. It looked very informative and friendly so I thought I would join in.
I am WildHair. I get my name from 2 places. one.... well.... I do have wild hair. and 2.... as a child I collected stuffed rabbits.
I have a 6 yr old cock-a-pooh named Toby. Mom was a miniature poodle and dad was a cockapooh. we think he is a cock-a poodle-pooh
Our other dog is a shih tzu. (is that spelled right? never sure where to put that extra "H" ) His name is Chip. We think he is full of.... well.... you get the idea...
Chip adopted us last year when i found him running down my street. I scooped him up (who can resist a shih-tzu anyhow?) and took him home. I called the number on his tag and met the owners. a week later there he was..... back at my door. this happened 3 times. finally the owners said we could keep him :love: .
I also raise Betta fish and adore those little African frogs. There is also a fish tank at school for the kiddos, but the numbers and species vary from week to week
My favorite dog I ever owned was Dakota, an Australian Shepherd. He passed away recently when I left him with family while we went on an extended vacation. He was poisoned by rat poison and never pulled out of it. I love the breed and temperment of Aussies and would highly recommend them if you have the space and time for them. they are extremely smart dogs.

I look forward to meeting all of you!
Old March 7th, 2007, 02:02 AM
-

Welcome to the board ~ that's quite the little zoo you have (sorry about your Aussie :sad: ). But no fair ~ you haven't posted any pix of your brood ! Specially the frogs ~ I LUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuvvvv frogs.
Old March 7th, 2007, 02:42 AM

Welcome to the board! Quite the furfamily you have! I'm sorry for your loss too.
Old March 7th, 2007, 10:48 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome to the forum, Wildhair!

Sorry for the loss of your Aussie So sad. :sad:

But it sounds like you have a grand little gathering at your house. Yep...I'm gonna make the same request: Pictures, please! Surely you don't intend to just tease us with a description of your varied family and then not post pics! That would be cruel beyond words! We'd have to pout :sad:

And I'd love to see a picture of your Aussie that just passed if you're up to it. I'm sure you have many happy memories of him to share.

Last edited by hazelrunpack; March 7th, 2007 at 10:53 AM.