Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old April 10th, 2007, 11:38 PM

Nature's Logic Pet Food

Hi all,

I've been browsing this forum for a bit now and finally joined. In regards to the pet food recall, I wanted to add the statement from the pet food company that my boy Louie is eating, because I haven't seen it mentioned in any of the official lists of foods NOT affected. Here it is:

03/21/2007

Nature's Logic Products Not Affected By Recall

Since the March 16, 2007 announced recall of over 50 brands of canned pet food made by Menu Foods, we have received a number of calls and emails from concerned Nature's Logic customers and stores.

Nature's Logic canned diets are not a part of this recall. This initial recall was for the "cuts and gravy style" product in pouches and cans. The brand names made at Menu Foods involved in the recall can be found at www.menufoods.com.

Recently, the recall has been extended to some additional brands of canned food and a few dry food formulas. All updates about additional product recalls can be found at www.fda.gov. Additionally, Nature's Logic dry diets are not a part of this recall.

The common ingredient with all the canned, pouched, and dry recalled products is a source of wheat gluten imported by ChemNutra from the Chinese company Xuzhou Anying.

Nature's Logic uses no wheat gluten and also uses no synthetic supplementation which can be a source of heavy metal contamination according to AAFCO. All Nature's Logic canned and dry foods are made with 100% whole food (real meat or poultry plus concentrates of human edible fruit and vegetable concentrates, egg, various seeds, and fish oil).

Nature's Logic goes to great lengths in purchasing high quality, safe ingredients for making its products. Additionally, Nature's Logic had in mind the health and safety of our pets when it launched the only 100% all natural line of products that includes no chemically synthesized vitamins or minerals. All nutrients in Nature's Logic products come from whole foods. We never use man-made sources of supplements which are known to have toxic levels.

Nature's Logic extends its sincere heart felt sympathy to all pets and their caretakers that have been affected by this unfortunate situation.

http://www.natureslogic.com/news/sho...p?ArticleID=28

Also, I was wondering what your thoughts are on the quality of this food...here's the ingredient list for the food that Louie is eating...he's a 5 month old puggle:

CRUDE PROTEIN (min.)........36.0%
CRUDE FAT (min.)...................15.0%
CRUDE FIBER (max.)................6.0%
MOISTURE (max.).......................9.0%

Probiotics
Total Microorganisms* (min)……….2,000,000,000 CFU/cup (Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Casei, Bifidobacterium Bifidium, Streptococcus Faecium, Lactobacillus Sporogenes)

*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog or Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.

Enzymes
Protease (Ananas Comosus ) 168.4 Tyrosine units /min /cup
Amylase (Aspergillus Oryzae) 0.43 dextrinized starch units / min / cup
Lipase (Aspergillus Niger) 2.07 µmol fatty acid / min / cup
Cellulase (Trichoderma Longibrachtium) 8.91 µg glucose / min / cup
Bromelain (Ananas Comosus) 891 µg tyrosine / min / cup

*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog or Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.

Ingredients:
Chicken Meal, Millet, Chicken Fat, Montmorillonite, Brewer’s Yeast, Flaxseed, Dried Egg Product, Spray Dried Chicken Liver, Pumpkin Seed, Animal Plasma, Kelp, Natural Flavor, Cottage Cheese, Suncured Alfalfa Meal, Egg Shell, Avocado, Chicory Root, Tomato Powder, Almonds, Spray Dried Cod Liver Oil, Apple Powder, Blueberry, Apricots, Carrots, Pumpkin, Cranberry, Broccoli, Spinach, Parsley, Artichoke, Rosemary, Fermentation Products (Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product, Bifidobacterium Bifidium Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Streptococcus Faecium Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Lactobacillus Sporogenes Fermentation Product Dehydrated), Enzymes (Amylase, Protease, Lipase, Cellulase, Bromelain), Mixed Tocopherols
Old April 10th, 2007, 11:48 PM

But they don't say specifically "menufoods does NOT produce Nature's Logic Pet Food", do they?
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:25 AM

I e-mailed back & forth with Nature's Logic a few months ago, as I had some questions about a few of their ingredients, namely the 'Animal Plasma' & 'Dried Egg Product.'

The 'Animal Plasma' is really of interest to me. I've never seen any other food that contains this particular ingredient.
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:32 AM
-

Did you ever get a reply?
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:33 AM

'Animal'... :sad:
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:42 AM

Their website FAQ talks about the animal plasma...

http://www.natureslogic.com/faq/#faq1

All's I know is that I steered clear of the vet's recommendation to use Medical or Purina veterinary diets, and went with the recommendation of his 'holistic' trainer who seemed to be quite knowlegable about nutrition. She gave me a couple of brands to try, and this one has been working for us so far.
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Did you ever get a reply?
Yes. I could've found it on their website, but I asked him instead. He responded to all of my e-mails very quickly & took a great deal of time explaining this line of food to me (this was about 4-5 months ago). I haven't looked at it for a while, so I don't remember exactly what it is anymore-I need to look again.
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyche View Post
Their website FAQ talks about the animal plasma...

http://www.natureslogic.com/faq/#faq1

All's I know is that I steered clear of the vet's recommendation to use Medical or Purina veterinary diets......
GOOD FOR YOU!

This was one of the biggest reasons why we switched vets. Now we go to one who practices both holistic & traditional medicine; we get the best of both worlds. Only issue, is that it's also the most expensive place in town, but our two are happy & healthy, so it's worth it.