Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old October 31st, 2010, 12:56 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old October 31st, 2010, 01:26 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm so happy you were able to convince that woman to let you take her.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old November 1st, 2010, 04:13 AM
~Cat Servent~

Woooo hoooo stage one: complete!!!!

And yes yes we do L4H....I was about to PM her and tell her that I am happy to pick her up on the way!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old November 1st, 2010, 11:38 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Soooooooo, does that mean you are keeping her?

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old November 1st, 2010, 02:20 PM
-

I just read this thread now ......once again , you guys are AMAZING.
Old November 1st, 2010, 04:07 PM
Senior Contributor

Pets.ca to the rescue again! What a crew you guys are.
Old November 1st, 2010, 05:11 PM
banned user

so are you keeping this kitty or is there transport arranged to Ontario....for some reason I can't seem to figure out what is happening with poor Heidi.
Old November 1st, 2010, 05:45 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirley1011 View Post
so are you keeping this kitty or is there transport arranged to Ontario....for some reason I can't seem to figure out what is happening with poor Heidi.
I'm with you on that Shirley
Old November 2nd, 2010, 06:45 AM
Senior Contributor

I can't keep her. She is in my bedroom at this moment away from other cats. She hides under my bed during the day, but at night she actually sleeps on my bed with me, so with a little patience she can be sociable and adoptable.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 11:12 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Awww, it's too bad there couldn't have been a kittyvan done so we could have picked her up at Chris' tomorrow. Would have been so ideal. She sounds so sweet.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old November 2nd, 2010, 01:53 PM
-

Now I'm confused.

Are we back to square one?
Old November 2nd, 2010, 01:54 PM
banned user

Rainbow...I think there was some confusion?? at least chris and I were confused...it read like transport had been arranged and then it sounded like the kitty had a home....but looks like needs transport to Niagara Falls still.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 02:14 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirley1011 View Post
Rainbow...I think there was some confusion?? at least chris and I were confused...it read like transport had been arranged and then it sounded like the kitty had a home....but looks like needs transport to Niagara Falls still.
Well I don't feel so bad if Chris was confused too.

I'm sure that all the 's here will no doubt find a way to complete the kitty convoy soon.

Old December 15th, 2010, 09:28 AM
150% PRO S/N

Thought I would add an update to this thread.
Heidi is so far from being a feral cat it is laughable. She is an absolute love bug. I pick her up and cuddle with her every day and she accepts it. True, not for a long time but at three years old what can you expect with no socialization? She loves her little enclosure. It is packed with a couple of warm blankets and tons of straw to keep her comfy cozy. She has made herself a little cocoon right in the middle. She gobbles down one, sometimes two, cans of food a day and has gained a smidge of weight which I'm sure she will take off in the spring. I am hoping by then to start her introductions to the other cats so she can be out with them and have company. Of course we can have a miracle happen and she may find a permanent home too. If not she is home.

Old December 15th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Senior Contributor
Space Invaders Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion

Good News about Heidi, but I thought she was going to krdahmer?

Owned by

Bree 12 year old GSD
Keesha 8 year old GSD
Cyrus 7 year old GSD

RIP: All my angels.
Old December 15th, 2010, 12:57 PM
-

Thanks for the update 14k, I was wondering about her....with the exception of Kale...who kinda doesn't mind, Herbie and Twitch are not fond of being picked up either
Old December 15th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Senior Contributor

14+,I am so glad she's doing good,she sure is a sweet little girl.
I was very close to ask if I could keep her,when I delivered her to your house,but I could'nt
I am sure once the terrible winter is over and spring arrives,she'll be happy to join the others.
I don't doubt for a minute that she will have a great life with you,but if someone trustworthy wants to adopt her that's great too.
Thank's for the update mf..
Old December 15th, 2010, 11:00 PM
~Cat Servent~

I'm still on it....working a LOT lately, but still trying to find the right home for her at the same time....we have a lot of really wonderful people who shop at our store who love pets like we do.....I had a lady yesturday who also has 7 cats like me (and three dogs too!). The girl at work I thought might be a good home is a little too flighty for my liking, affraid she'd change her mind...plus she's too focused on trying to get her bf to propose...

I'm really glad Heidi is with you Gerri...if anyone can bring her personality out it's our resident cat whisperer!!! (I'm still working on Medella too....Charlie (Blue) is king of her house and spoiled silly now!!! I keep telling her he needs a queen to rule with!!!)

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old December 16th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Senior Contributor

it's nice to hear she is coming into her own...I knew with your magic touch she would start blooming...
Old December 16th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Senior Contributor

How great that Heidi turns out to be a sweetie. Of course 14+ is the one to bring it out in her. You're an amazing woman my friend.
Old December 16th, 2010, 10:29 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
I'm still on it....
(I'm still working on Medella too....Charlie (Blue) is king of her house and spoiled silly now!!! I keep telling her he needs a queen to rule with!!!)
No hurry mf. She is fine here.
I bet Charlie is loving the attention. Gary asks about him all the time. He misses him but knew he had to let him go to a better home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
Good News about Heidi, but I thought she was going to krdahmer?
krs' got her hands full. It's ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Thanks for the update 14k, I was wondering about her....with the exception of Kale...who kinda doesn't mind, Herbie and Twitch are not fond of being picked up either
Heidi doesn't even mind being picked up. She doesn't fight or anything. I just don't want to push it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
14+,I am so glad she's doing good,she sure is a sweet little girl.
I was very close to ask if I could keep her,when I delivered her to your house,but I could'nt
She is for sure a sweetie. So pretty and very very gentle. If you change your mind you know where she is. If things didn't work out she could always come back here. Might do you good to have another girl around.

Old December 16th, 2010, 10:34 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpietra16 View Post
it's nice to hear she is coming into her own...I knew with your magic touch she would start blooming...
I watch her during the day exploring her enclosure and sniffing at the other kitties that come close. Yes, during the day!! Of course with the cold she spends more time inside her house at night but it sure is nice to see her out. She has settled well. I am thinking about putting her and Kylee together to see how that goes but will wait for a while yet. They are side by side in the double enclosure so see each other a lot. Maybe then they can be cuddle buddies and stay even warmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
How great that Heidi turns out to be a sweetie. Of course 14+ is the one to bring it out in her. You're an amazing woman my friend.
Thanks DD. I didn't do anything. It's all Heidi.