Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old June 9th, 2008, 01:08 AM

Strange behaviour ( Cat )

Hi all, I just joined, looks like there are alot of pet experts on here so hopefully I can get some help.

I have a 3 1/2 yr old orange tabby. I adopted him a little over a year ago from a shelter. He is mainly an indoor cat, but I let him out almost every night for 1-2 hours.

Over-all a great cat but he has some quirks. Anyway whenever I go to the door without fail he follows me and tries to get out, and when I get home he's normally by the door and unless i block him he will run out. Well today when i got home, I opened the door and he would not go out! I even opened the door wide open for him, and he would still just stand at the edge. My landlord did call a maintenance guy over to fix our A/C while I was out, but I cant think of anything that would cause this. Any ideas out there?

Also what is a good inexpensive cat food? He's currently on Nutriscience original, and a tin of wet now and then (although hes not a big fan of wet food). Is this fine?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. here are some pics of Oscar

Old June 9th, 2008, 04:38 PM
What to say, what to say

First of all, he's BEAUTIFUL!

Secondly, my friends cat is just like that! He used to want to get out through anything(he tried jumping out of a closed window...). He also tried to get out of the front door but now, he doesn't care. He'll watch the front door but he won't try to get through. My friend also has a patio door which her cat hangs out all the time and whenever she opens it, her kitty tries to push his face through even though there's a screen there. Maybe the AC fixer scared Oscar and now he thinks that the door is a BAD, BAD placeI'm just guessing though...

You'll get lots of tips about food on the food forum.
Old June 9th, 2008, 04:43 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Beautiful kitty!!!
My guess is something/someone scared him. Poor fella'. Not necesarily the AC guy, may have been something the last time he was out. Maybe keep him indoors? He's safer that way anyway.
As for good, cheap food? There is no such animal. You want good, you pay good. I know, bad English.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!