Old November 30th, 2011, 05:48 PM

Question chloe

hi chloe is my 10 year old shih poo 10 days ago she was walking(leashed) when a bull mastiff mauled her. (unleashed) he ripped her neck bit her throughout her body and he broke her pelvis. yes husband was bitten too trying to protect her. My Question she hasn't pooped yet .She pees and eats but no poop. My vet says it will happen but i'm concerned how long will this go on before it makes her ill. She is improving vet recommends no surgery to see if bone will set . we carry her in supportive bed every where any answers? thanks:

Last edited by bmother95; November 30th, 2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old November 30th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Senior Contributor

I am so sorry that you have come here under such sad circumstances. Did your vet take xrays, any internal injuries that may affect Chloe from pooping?

Got any pictures of your sweet gal you would like to share with us???
Old November 30th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Your dog is in pain right now. But she will poop. My Shih Tzu fell down the stairs this summer and it took her 3 days to pee and 4 to poop. She had really hurt her back and did not walk for almost a month. I would certainly call or go see your vet and voice your concerns.

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old November 30th, 2011, 09:52 PM

chloe

chloe has broken pelvic bone ,yes we have been to the vets about six times .she is on 2 pain meds and xrays were taken ,doc said rather try self mending on break then risk the anesthesia risk/but its been 10 days no poop .Her picture is on the pets photo page and i just tried to upload here. Thanks for caring all put her in your prayers please
Attached Images

Old December 1st, 2011, 06:44 AM
Senior Contributor

How so very tragic.!
I hope that the owner of the other dog takes responsibility and helps you financially. Also, I hope that you reported this unfortunate event as no doubt this will happen to another dog, cat and heaven forbid...a child.
This owner should be strapped with a fine for letting his/her dog unattended. I cannot imagine the horror that your husband went through and of course your little one.
LOTS, no...TONS of pawsitive vibes coming your way.
Old December 1st, 2011, 09:35 AM

Oh my goodness, so sorry to hear of what happened to your little one! She is just the cutest little thing. Hope the other owner is helping you with all the vet bills and that your girl makes a full and quick recovery!! Lots of prayers to her
Old December 1st, 2011, 10:46 AM

chloe

report made but owner showed little remorse he is a police lt. and believes he is above the law, but we have vicious dog hearing so we shall see. also civil court for bills. Thanks for caring still no poop any ideas?
Old December 1st, 2011, 01:31 PM

chloe

Thank you Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers Chloe got carried out for her personal business and peed and then hobbled quite well on 3 legs and pooped . Now the problem is keeping her on bed rest for 12 weeks lol thank you all: prayer of many always make jesus smile on us thank you so much
Old December 1st, 2011, 01:59 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Your poor Chloe . I am so glad she finally did do her business , sounds like she is on the mend.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old December 1st, 2011, 10:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Poop is good..... Your furkid sure is beautiful. Just make sure she does not jump off furniture or do stairs. She should mend up fine.

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old December 2nd, 2011, 07:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Poor little Chloe, it brings tears to my eyes just thinking of the terror and pain that dog caused her, but sounds like she is in excellent hands and on the mend so gentle cuddles from us for her, and big hugs for both your and your man for being such good owners. Is he okay now? Chloe is such a sweetie, love those big kind eyes.
Old December 5th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Senior Contributor

For the poop, I would think that you want to keep the stools soft, so nothing that hardens or causes really firm stools (rice comes to mind). Maybe some fresh ground flaxseeds, as they contain natural oils and also fiber to help move things through. I wouldn't use any other type of fiber, as it could be binding.

Increasing things that have fatty acids in them would be good, stool softener if needed.

I would also consider some homeopathic tablets like Arnica to help with tissue healing, and hypericum if you think that there is nerve pain. Symphytum is the classic remedy for bone healing. http://www.ecologyhealthcenter.net/node/177

My old girl, many years ago, had a pelvic surgery (for hip dysplasia) and she healed up. I used the above remedies, in addition to just plain old time and good care.