Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old July 30th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Willing cat servant

Today Scully will be visiting the vet

Two weeks ago or so Scully had a day where she insistently tried to use the litter with no results. It went away and everything was back to normal. Yesterday it started again big time, she keeps going over and over to the 2 litter boxes and nothing I don't see any pee or poo and she really tries. I hate seeing her in discomfort so we got an appointment for today after work.
I wonder if it's either a blockage or a UTI. Hard to tell at this point but by the way I see some sort of bowel movement seems like blockage but the frequency makes me think UTI. We'll see...
Old July 30th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Senior Contributor

I know what you mean that happen to my dog he would try to pee and nothing happen . I hope your cat will be better real soon. Did you change the food your cat eat?
Old July 31st, 2013, 01:24 AM
Willing cat servant

No I didn't change it. Sometimes I add pumpkin to it but that's about it.
She is doing pee drops with blood but she's already on antibiotics and from tomkrrow on analgesics I just have to figure it how to give them to her because there are cats (which are very difficult for pills in general) and then there's Scully
She had no fever yet and we have the blessing that she has a good appetite
So we'll have to wait for the treatment to act.
She's very sore in her lower back, probably from the constant effort of trying to pee all the time.
Old July 31st, 2013, 08:56 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh God! I hated seeing my dogs pee blood . Marty had crystals and that was causing him to pee blood and have trouble peeing. And to made matters worst Marty does not drink enough water and he is a very fussy eater. I wish I knew what his last owners fed him . Do you feed Sully dried food or can food? I hope he will feel better really soon.
Old July 31st, 2013, 09:08 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Aw, poor Scully. And poor you! It's so hard when there's really nothing you can do but wait. Did they do a culture?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 31st, 2013, 02:23 PM
Willing cat servant

I hate seeing her pee blood too
And yes they'll be doing a culture. Should be ready today or tomorrow.
Sigh... Yeah, nothing but wait and see and do my "healing mantras"
My aunt has a totally black dog, beautiful mutt that I love and she has a tumor. My aunt's health is weak due to diabetes so I'm paying for my Boba dog's chemos and she seems to be responding well so far. Now Scully peeing blood but I never give up so I'll also change her food and try some other remedies along with her treatment (I hope it's not crystals but just an infection) .
There's also the always dreadful vet bills aaaaand god I'm whining too much. What matters the most is that they get healed.
I guess I got more emotional than usual (I get emotional when it comes to animals, not a dramatic person otherwise ) maybe because of the pregnancy that no one sees because I'm 5 months in and it's almost invisible with clothes on
Anyways I'll keep you updated also for advice once I know if she'll be responding to antibiotics and pain killers or not.
Keep the good vibes coming my way please! Well... My animals way
P.S. She went from wet evo 95% to dry Go grain free because she ended up hating the cans of any foid I tried. She seems to like Go canned and Almo though.She dilikes Wellness too. I know dry is not the best really.
Old July 31st, 2013, 02:33 PM

I will be sending for Scully and for your aunt's dog too

Hope everything is going well with the baby (human ) as well!!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Old August 1st, 2013, 11:52 PM
Willing cat servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jull View Post
I will be sending for Scully and for your aunt's dog too

Hope everything is going well with the baby (human ) as well!!
Thank you
Tomorrow I'm going for an ultrasound.
Scully is slowly improving. Today it was a bit easier to give her the pain killer. Her attempts to use the litter box had reduced I'd say 30%.
Tomorrow ill also be getting different food for her. Something that helps her with the pipi issue.
I was advised cantharis on the forums Facebook page. I just need to know if it doesn't oppose to the prescription she's on atm.
Have you tried it?
Old August 2nd, 2013, 09:31 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm glad there's at least a little improvement. Did the culture come up with anything?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 2nd, 2013, 10:30 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koteburo View Post
Thank you
Tomorrow I'm going for an ultrasound.
Scully is slowly improving. Today it was a bit easier to give her the pain killer. Her attempts to use the litter box had reduced I'd say 30%.
Tomorrow ill also be getting different food for her. Something that helps her with the pipi issue.
I was advised cantharis on the forums Facebook page. I just need to know if it doesn't oppose to the prescription she's on atm.
Have you tried it?
I hope your ultrasound will be OK and that Scully will feel better soon too.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 05:52 PM
Willing cat servant

Thx! it went well. It's a boy and it was moving and bouncing. I kinda wanted a little glamazon but I'm happy either way.
Scully's culture came back with cocci bacteria. So it's an infection. I was going to get the food today but my husband and the vet were emailing and he has some prescription diet food so we'll stop by tomorrow morning. Scully has kept her appetite and I'm very, very thankful for that. Still tries to pee sometimes without success but every day there's a bit of improvement.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 08:11 PM
Senior Contributor

That much be a trip seeing your baby like that. ultrasound where not out yet when I got pregnant . Poor kitty , I hope he feel better soon.

When is the due date for your baby boy?
Old August 2nd, 2013, 09:27 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

A boy!! Whoot whoot!!

Glad that you got some results on Scully's problem, too. Hope the antibiotics have her right as rain again soon!!

Old August 3rd, 2013, 05:39 PM
Willing cat servant

The vet was closed
They took Sat morning because of the long weekend. I should have called but it never crossed my mind they wouldn't be open.
One the other side, the good and fluffy agent Scully is getting better
The jumping bean also known as the Tadpole is due on Dec. 31st 2013 so it might be quite a crazy night. But who knows, these things are not a 100% exact.
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:05 PM

scully and tadpole: i am so happy scully is getting better and tadpole is ready great

I'm so happy scully is getting better: he looks like a great cat. tadpole is doing great too: so congratulations!
Old August 7th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Willing cat servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrie View Post
I'm so happy scully is getting better: he looks like a great cat. tadpole is doing great too: so congratulations!

Thank you!