Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old April 27th, 2004, 12:44 AM

Question strange one

Hello, I have a 1 1/2 year old female dlh. she is perfectly healthy and she is going to be getting spayed tomorrow. I was just wondering about a strange thing she does...she pees in the sink and bathtub drain and even sometimes pees in the toilet. i do not mind that she pees in the toilet obviously but when she pees in the drain i can smell the urine especially when i use the hot water...how can i get her to stop doing this?
Old April 27th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Senior Contributor

Well,a simple solution,keep the bathroom door closed Put her in the litter-box if she's sniffing around for a spot to pee...Keep the box clean.
Maybe she'll be better after spaying or maybe she has a urinary problem.The vet will tell you.
Old April 27th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Senior Contributor

Well, if she's 1 1/2 and intact, she is probably in heat most of the time, and this can cause these kind of behaviors.

Also, mention this when to take her to have her spayed. She may have a bladder infection.

While in heat, or with an infection, they seek out cool surfaces to pee on, trying to alleviate the discomfort.

After she is spayed, and if there is no infection, confine her to one room for awhile with her clean litterbox, to retrain her to use it.
Old April 27th, 2004, 03:29 PM

Thumbs up Thanx

Thank you for the help everyone!! I will ask the vet about an infection but i cannot close the bathroom door because the litter is in there and we dont really have anywhere else to put it. We do keep the litter clean though....i read in a cat book that maybe she doesnt like the other cat in it so she goes somewhere else...?? well thanx for the advice everyone.