Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old January 18th, 2009, 12:52 PM

Smile Hello From Barrie

Hello Everyone!

My name is Ashley, first time poster.. long time listener ().

I'm from Barrie, ON and I'm a current Cat-ma to Teddy; our 20+ lbs of Bengal x cat. And I'm hoping soon to be a Dog-ma to Pudding a Basset/Lab cross.. but there's some issues there.. which I will post in the Transport thread. I just found out that I can't post in the Transport thread (sorry).. So I'm not sure how to ask for Transport help?

I'm a member of a couple other forums.. mostly under the user name BannedBreed Lover.. So maybe some of you may know me from there

I look forward to meet you all! It's a cute forum for so many pet lovers! And I love the smileys!!!

Last edited by Teddy's Mom; January 18th, 2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old January 18th, 2009, 01:14 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Welcome Teddy'sMom to our cute forum. Don't know if it's ever been referred to that way before or not. If you have been a long time reader then you know we need pics.

Where are you transporting from? It is possible that people here know rescues in the area who can arrange a "transport train." I am sure someone will come along soon to help. I am from Owen Sound originally so know your area somewhat.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 18th, 2009, 01:44 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Hi, Teddy's Mom.

14+ is absolutely correct, pics are a must We're relentless when it comes to buggin' people for pics of their furbabies. we don't mean to be relentless, we just can't help ourselves

Welcome to the board! Good luck with your transport

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 18th, 2009, 02:23 PM

This is Teddy, my Bengal x, who we rescued from our local SPCA. June 1st is his 5th birthday. I can't believe time has passed that quickly. We rescued him when he was 9 months old. Our little man had a serious case of pneumonia, then two secondary eye infections when we got him.. but he's doing wonderful now.. and we love him to pieces!

This is Pudding (aka Pudding Cup). She's actually in North Carolina, where after talking to a member of another forum, we've been approved to adopt her. She's the one that we are hoping to find transport for, as she can get shuttled to Montreal.. but we don't have a car, and the closest we can get a drive to is Toronto. We're willing to help with transport costs.. we just desperately want to bring our Pudding Cup home... Thank you for the warm welcomes.. and Yes.. this forum is cute in how it's layed out!
Old January 18th, 2009, 07:00 PM

Thank you everyone for your kind welcomes.

I tried to post earlier with pictures, but the message said that it couldn't be posted, but I didn't get to see why. Most likely user error..

So I've uploaded a couple of pictures to my profile album. One of Teddy, and also of Pudding, the dog who were hoping to bring home.

As for transport needs, Pudding is being shuttled up to Montreal, but we're in Barrie and we don't have a car ourselves; we've gotten a ride, but only to about the Toronto area. If there's anyone out there that could help us out, or may know of someone.. we'd really appreciate the help... a million times over!
Old January 18th, 2009, 07:22 PM

Welcome to the forum, I don't know if I should be welcoming you since I am new myself!

Ok so we need transport from Montreal to Toronto. We had somebody that was going to do Ajax to Toronto but she can't make it on the weekends. We are scheduling the trip for either Jan. 23 or 24 depending on when my boss gets to Canada he will be doing transport from NC,USA to Montreal, Canada. I am Pudding's foster mom and I would really appreciate it if somebody could help my girl out.
Old January 18th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

Hi and welcome to the forum,both are very good looking.
Old January 19th, 2009, 11:00 PM

We have until tomorrow to find transport! Please crosspost or does anybody know of a rescue that could help?
Old January 20th, 2009, 09:13 AM

Exclamation

PLEASE HELP WE HAVE UNTIL TODAY!!!!

I tried to pm the ppl that are involve with rescue transport but I have not idea how to do it and I also send an email but got no reply. Can somebody contact them for me?
Old January 20th, 2009, 10:33 AM

We have transport secured from Markham to Ottawa!!! Is there anyone out there who would be willing to drive from Ottawa to Montreal, incase they can't go that extra drive.
Old January 20th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Rottie owner and lover

When do you need it by, I can only drive weekends, I work fulltime
Old January 20th, 2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottielover View Post
When do you need it by, I can only drive weekends, I work fulltime
It would be this weekend on the 23-24th.

Leg 1/ NC to Montreal (Secured)
Leg 2/ Montreal to Ottawa (maybe be needed)
Leg 3/ Ottawa to Markham (Secured)
Old January 20th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Master of the Drool!

Hey and Welcome!! I am keeping my fingures crossed for you guys to get the transport!!!!
AHHHH They are a year old already!!!!
Old January 20th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Senior Contributor

Hello from Barrie

Congrats on your new (pending) pup. However did you manage to adopt from the US? I have tried a couple of times but so many roadblocks.