Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Ask the Members > Podcast feedback

Old August 17th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

Pets.ca - Podcast#2 - Please comment

Please give us as much feedback as possible as we feel this is another great way to connect with bulletin board members and Pets.ca visitors. As always, brutally honest is best!

The podcast can be downloaded from here
http://www.pets.ca/index-newsletter.htm

The intro/outro music was from the band 2012 and the song name is Liberta and is courtesy of the podsafe music network.

Here's a description of what a podcast is:
What is a Podcast?
A podcast is simply an audio file that you can play on your computer or on an MP3 player such as an Ipod. You can think of a podcast as a recorded radio program that you download and then play whenever you want. Podcasts from Pets.ca will of course feature pet tips and other useful pet information. They will be approximately 5-20 minutes in length. Please note that podcasts do not 'stream'. They are downloaded in their entirety (so it takes a couple of minutes) onto your computer or MP3 player before they can be listened to.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old August 17th, 2006, 11:30 PM

I'm listening.. Is it really 15 minutes?

K, sorry, I wrote as I listened... So I wrote a lot.

So far... a few chuckles (nice accent). Your voice is really... CBC.. Not that that's a bad thing; it's just very familiar sounding (it's a good clear radio voice).

I like how you call it a show. Makes it more serious and focused.

I like the trust discussion. Especially with all the aggressive dog whisperer crap out there.

uhh.. my doggies are in recess... I'm a bad dogmommy.:sad:

oh, ok, my dogs get more than 30 words a day. I'm a good mommy again.

I don't want my doggies in a grey world.:sad:

I don't push my doggies' hineys down. (I swear instead )

reer he thinks his wifey is hot. She's got shiny har. reer tenderfoot! ooh lala!

Good show! Two thumbs up! (I wudda put the emoticons, but I'm at my limit...)

Oh and if the music is from 2012, how can we hear it now? tee hee hee
Old August 18th, 2006, 02:50 PM

What? Is nobody listening to the podcast? It's better this time around!
Old August 21st, 2006, 12:55 PM
Senior Contributor - Expert

Thanks for the support Prin - and you are a great mommy!

Just curious...what's "reer"?

Oh, and he talks a good game- telling me how shiney my hairs is etc! HA! Not happening! and not feeling the pedestal feeling either!!!!! He always uses that as a reference and I am thinking "so whats wrong with me being on a pedestal?" :queen:
Dog Training the Way Nature Intended

Last edited by tenderfoot; August 21st, 2006 at 01:48 PM.
Old August 21st, 2006, 12:59 PM

reer is that sexy tiger growly thing, only I can't do it properly and it comes out as reer.
Old August 27th, 2006, 06:07 AM

How come nobody is commenting....I thought it was better than the first show. The interview with Doug from Tenderfoot has A LOT of great information.

Did anyone else listen to it?
Pet facebook group
Follow me on Twitter
Old August 27th, 2006, 01:57 PM

I dunno, Marko. I thought it was good too.
Old August 27th, 2006, 04:24 PM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Marko ... I've tried several times to go into the link, keeps saying exployer needs to shut down
Old August 27th, 2006, 04:28 PM

Still works for me.
Old August 27th, 2006, 04:57 PM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

ok, it worked. I had too many windows opened including web-cam

Well I only listened to the 1st one so far ... it's really quite interesting and different listening to information rather then reading it. Very pleasant.

Marko ... your voice sounds great. Not what I would of expected mind you but then again like you said the only time I've heard from you I felt like in the principals office. I was half expecting this deep.dark.voice ... no seriously you have a really nice voice.

Looking forward to future "pod casts"
Old August 27th, 2006, 05:42 PM
An Honest Contributor

The 2nd one with Doug Simpson/Tenderfoot was very education and interesting thank you.

Gulp, I don't think I'm a good mommy!!! Leadership is their treat I'm afraid their lives have been a recess Sweating ... I'm goiing to have to go back and take notes!

Anyway thanks Tenderfoot and Marko it was a great learning experience.

The music was good I liked it.

Audio ... I found it a little low and confusing bec when you Marko would talk it would only come through the right earphone and left for Tenderfoot reducing the volume - mind you, your voice was much clearer. I think Doug's was just softer maybe?

Overall it was a pleasant experiment ... good show.

Your 1st pod's ending was nice: Bob Barker's famous words - please help control the pet's population have your pets spayed or neutered
Old August 31st, 2006, 12:39 AM
Queen

I found #2 very educational and enjoyable. Marko your voice is clear and positive. The music was better and the length also better than the first time. It needs some work though. Marko you were a bit louder and coming in on the left, Bob was softer and just in the right ear. The sound is a bit "hollow" before the interview starts. When interviewing I would try not to make any sound unless it's "necessary" ie try not to start to laugh and then stop etc. which is probably difficult. Maybe edit anything like that out if possible, so it's "cleaner". At the end when you come back on Marko, you are quite a bit louder than during the interview, and kind of "hollow" again. Hope that helps a little. Thanks guys, I look forward to hearing the next one. O yes and I like the barking at the beginning!!
Old August 31st, 2006, 08:37 AM

Thanks for the comments...please keep them coming.

I really appreciate the technical comments as well re: right and left channels when you listen with headphones. It doesn't happen with external speakers and is directly related to how we recorded it.

It's still a learning experience.

This is tough but what does 'hollow' mean to you?

We're still working on getting it 'down'....these comments help as people listen in different ways with different equipment.

ThX

Marko
Pet facebook group
Follow me on Twitter
Old September 1st, 2006, 12:53 AM
Queen

I asked my b/f to listen because he knows more about this stuff than I do, and this is what he said.
Quote:
I don't hear "hollowness" (perhaps an echo) so much as what sounds like either a poor quality mic, a poorly configured mic, or a low quality digital recording. The bitrate of the podcast file is 128kbps, so the problem isn't there... perhaps a low-bitrate WAV file is being used to record the voice before it is converted to MP3?
Old September 8th, 2006, 10:33 PM
-

I haven't listened to #1 yet but I liked the content of this one. It may just be my ancient PC and speakers but I did find the sound quality uneven at times. The telephone piece could have been cleaned up a little for greater sound clarity and your voice ws certainly much louder at the end. This isn't a bad thing cuz I'm as deaf as a post so I would prefer to be able to turn the sound down than have to pull the speaker over to my ear... How about some dog-themed music instead of the new-agey stuff? Overall ~ great though!
Old September 9th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Agility Addict

I tried to listen to the second podcast but it was hard to follow because during the interview I only heard Doug's answers and not Marko's questions. The last time I heard Marko was when he said "so let's get into it now" and then the dogs barked...Then I only heard Doug until Marko says "well that concludes our interview...." It's probably something to do with my computer!:sad:

From what I heard/understood I think it was GREAT! I have a difference of opinion on training but I really enjoyed it and think its very educational!

I can't wait for the next podcast!

PS - I thought your voice and the music was normal - I will have to listen to the first to see what everyone was talking about
Old September 9th, 2006, 07:46 PM

Yeah, you're probably missing the sound from one speaker.