Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old June 10th, 2002, 10:11 AM

Unhappy My cat throws up a lot...

I adopted two cats that were abandoned at a great kennel. One is approximately two years old and the other is approximately 15 or 16 years old.

Unfortunately, the older one (Morbert) seems to be sick an awful lot...he eats normally but will go thru phases where he is sick every morning (could be more often than I know)...sometimes it is just liquid and other times it is food as well. He doesn't seem to be losing weight or suffering....

I thought it might be hairballs as he is constantly cleaning himself and the other cat...but now I think it may be something more. Could this possibly be a sign of liver problems?

Your advice on the above matter would be greatly appreciated...as I am pretty worried about the old fella.

Thanks.
Old June 15th, 2002, 08:12 PM

Hi Morbert,

This is a tricky one because there are many possibilities and you'd have to do some fluid testing at the vet's to be sure .

However, it is possible that your cat is eating plants or other material that he shouldn't during the night...and puking in the morning.

Again though....if you want to be 100% sure....gotta go see the vet.

Also make sure that your cat is at the same weight by weighing him and not by looking.

In genaral, many cats puke regularly....but your cat is an older fella...and if you are worried...a vet visit is the way to go.

Best of luck

Hamish